Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Dec 1st 2012 new
Lol! Sadly, I did not see the Show more button that includes the English translation.
Dec 1st 2012 new
Here's some wonderful Byzantine chant used in Advent and prior to the Feast of the Dormition/Assumption.

www.youtube.com
Dec 1st 2012 new
I think it is the same one.
Dec 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Excellent rendition. Here is another performed by SCHOLA GREGORIANA MEDIOLANENSIS, Dir. ...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:

Excellent rendition.

Here is another performed by SCHOLA GREGORIANA MEDIOLANENSIS, Dir. Giovanni Vianini. www.youtube.com
--hide--

this is beautiful. thanks.

Dec 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Ever since childhood, I've loved Gregorian chants. There's a treasure trove of them on yo...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Ever since childhood, I've loved Gregorian chants. There's a treasure trove of them on youtube. I often listen to them while working at my desk. One of the paralegals loves them too (although she's some sort of bible Christian) and will pause outside my door if I'm playing them.

My favorite, probably, is Adoro te Devote: youtu.be

--hide--

Yes, this is one of my favorites, too.

The Latin words of Thomas Aquinas describing the mystery of the Eucharist are clean, moving, and mystical.

There is a beautiful English version written by the famous Catholic poet and priest, Gerard Manley Hopkins. Although the translation is slightly adjusted for meter and rhyme, it is very true in spirit to the mystical original. One can chant it to the same melody as one usually hears for the Latin.

Dec 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: (Quote) David-364112 said: Ever since childhood, I've loved Gregorian chants. There's a treasure...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said:
Quote:
David-364112 said:

Ever since childhood, I've loved Gregorian chants. There's a treasure trove of them on youtube. I often listen to them while working at my desk. One of the paralegals loves them too (although she's some sort of bible Christian) and will pause outside my door if I'm playing them.

My favorite, probably, is Adoro te Devote: youtu.be

Listening to it now! I love it! I also love that it show the Latin text as it is being sung. This is one of the best versions of Adoro te Devote that I have heard!
--hide--

Listening to it again. I love this version!!
Dec 24th 2012 new
Veni, Veni, Emmanuel with simultaneous lyrics in both Latin and English: www.youtube.com
Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Veni, Veni, Emmanuel with simultaneous lyrics in both Latin and English: www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Veni, Veni, Emmanuel with simultaneous lyrics in both Latin and English: www.youtube.com
--hide--

"O Magnum Mysterium" by Victoria, which we just sung at Holy Family in Dayton for Midnight Mass: youtu.be

Dec 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: "O Magnum Mysterium" by Victoria, which we just sung at Holy Family in Dayt...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

"O Magnum Mysterium" by Victoria, which we just sung at Holy Family in Dayton for Midnight Mass: youtu.be

--hide--

I really like this version: www.youtube.com
Dec 27th 2012 new

Te Deum and The Litany of the Saints

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Posts 31 - 40 of 46