Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Dec 26th 2012 new

rosary I know. It is hard to react calmly when a crazy peson has ben stalking you for over a year and nothing seems to be stopping it. But, i know help is on the way soon, and it is through God's grace that he has not driven me completely out of my mind by this point, so I am grateful for that.

At this point, when I get really scared, the thing that helps is saying the Hail Mary, on my fingers counting decades that way.

This is far more of a mental and spiritual endurance test than anything physical.It takes a lot to respond rather than react. rolling eyes

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Or, maybe it is more like a series of miracles, all rolled into 2 tidy days called Christmas Eve ...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

Or, maybe it is more like a series of miracles, all rolled into 2 tidy days called Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...

I suppose the first miracle would be that I am currently here writing this, rather than sitting on my kitchen floor in a puddle of tears. Heck even that might be good, cause the floor COULD use a good cleaning.

My word! What a couple of days. Yesterday I picked my daughter up from the place where I exchange my daughter with her father because there are cameras - just in case he decides to do his impersonation of a psycho nut. That's one he does very well! No, don't say "bravo", please. :) She got in the car and from the word go was yelling at me, all kinds of lies he fed her for lunch that day, like that I am keeping her from him, that HE is afraid of ME (um, hmmm...really? Last time I checked he was the one who appeared in my living room uninvited, threatened to kill me over the retirement money, drives past my house at 2 AM...), and, of course being a bipolar child, she concluded with many "I hate you's" and kicking my seat....It could have been bad. Thank God for giving me a aster's in teaching and training with autistic children. It helps me deal with her so much better.

Miraculously, we were headed straight to the forensic psychologist I have hired to help me get out of the "post divorce era of terror" from aforementioned psycho nut. It was good, because he got to see how she is when she returns to me after a visit. So, I guess in retrospect having my daughter screaming at the top of her lungs that she hates me and I am the worst Mom ever might have been a good thing at the time. But, it still hurt. Sometimes, even the things that are good for us can hurt. We have to see past the tears and at Him to know there is a Purpose, and we have to trust that. That's what I've learned.

Moving right along to the 4 hours psych eval on Christtmas Eve to make sure I am, in fact, sane. Heaven knows, if I am still sane at THIS point after raising a bipolar daughter and a son with cerebral palsy on my own, and managing to somehow have a symblance of a career and urstwhile dealing with severe health issues caused by all this stress, well, then folks, we see a REAL miracle. I'm not being flippant. It must be God's hand.

After the psych eval and interviews with both kids, which cost me 2,000$, we went home...At which point I began my infusion - that's where I takes the medicine that keeps this my energizer bunny self going. You stick 3 needles in your stomach, hook up to a small pump with the medicine, and spend the next 2 hours wondering if your tummy is going to explode, because it burns THAT much when it goes in. That was time 1 for the week. My second dose comes Thursday. Maybe I should have a fire extinguisher on hand. Ya think? The miracle is that I HAVE the medicine at all, because my crazy ex stopped paying the COBRA, so it has cost me over 10K to pay for the medicine out of pocket while I got on a high risk insurance policy that would cover it.

And you think that's the last miracle? No. More came after that. While I was infusing (aka hooked to the pump'o fire), I managed to cook a turkey and get Christmas dinner ready for today. Aha, luckily, while that was cooking and I was still hooked up, it gave me time to spend with my daughter. She decided she no longer "hates me", and, instead, chose to use her candy colored nail polish to paint my toenails in every color known to man. I don't know how she got all these colors on my toes, but she did. And so, as I stumble my way through today, I look down and see ten toes of sheer love. They are beautiful.

If that wasn't enough, after all that, I had doubts I would make it to Midnight Mass. Somehow, someway, after all of tat, I spotted this dress I bought special for Midnght Mass. I managed, with the kids' help, to get the zipper and tiny button done, get them dressed and get to church. Next miracle: My ex did not show up anywhere last nigt. No lurking of any kind. Mass was beautiful. Luckily we had a whole pew to ourselves, cause the kids stretched out and fell asleep. And, I, in all my pretty dress and Peace, turned to concentrate on the birth of Our Lord....which is when I spotted this rather tall, handsome yet arrogant doctor I was dating for a while. (Note: the arrogance totally negates the tall and handsome)

What a miracle that was, because, last time I saw him, I was wearing a giant hot dog costume and running (yes running in a hot dog costume) after my lovely bipolar angel of a daughter who was having the fit that was, well, not from heaven for sure). Funny how some guys snub you when you are in a hot dog costume. Well, I wasn't dressed like a hot dog last night. Nor was I interested in him any longer. It felt great to know that I can take care of myself and my kids, choose who I date according to my values AND how they treat me, and be dressed to "the nines", in spite of the difficulties. He did come over to say a warm hello. I shook his hand, turned (and did not trip - another miracle) and took my angels home. Maybe i should have sprinke some Holy Water on him before I left. Naw...

Today, we went to Adoration, then to play on the playground at church. My children were happy and at Peace. Well, right up until I put the turkey on the table. Oh my - I should have cooked it longer. The blood was the first sign that we were being saved from food poisoning by NOT eating it. And, so, we had Christmas dinner, together, peacefully, and happily. Just without the turkey. Which, as I type this, is back in the oven for a second go 'round. Thank God for ovens and sight, especially for sight. I think I see more clearly now than ever before.

And, again, as I wrap this up, I glance down at my toes and see the many rainbow colors of love, right there on my toes to remind me how lucky I am. I look out my window and there is no crazy ex staring in, and I listen and hear happy, playing children. Oh, I may still shed a few tears, yet, but they will be tears of joy for all of these miracles...Things I might not have seen before. It really HAS been an incredible Christmas!

Well, time to go get that turkey out of the oven and see if it got baked enough to be any good....

--hide--

From lemons to lemonaide!Many prayers.

Below is a TN resource regarding insurance. You probably already are familiar with them. Reminds me of the quote by Matthew Kelly, We are not here to solve the problems; the problems are here to solve us. theheart

Find Low-Cost or Free Health Coverage in TennesseeHealth Care Resources for the Unemployed and Uninsured in Tennessee

Dec 27th 2012 new

The health insurance link didn't work so may need to be googed.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-871852 said: From lemons to lemonaide!Many prayers. Below is a TN resource regarding insuranc...
(Quote) Sandra-871852 said:

From lemons to lemonaide!Many prayers.

Below is a TN resource regarding insurance. You probably already are familiar with them. Reminds me of the quote by Matthew Kelly, We are not here to solve the problems; the problems are here to solve us.

Find Low-Cost or Free Health Coverage in TennesseeHealth Care Resources for the Unemployed and Uninsured in Tennessee

--hide--

Thank you for the information! I really do appreciate it! :)
Since I am considered to be "high risk" due to the immune disease, I got turned down for individual coverage. I applied for the state high risk pool and was approved. Unfortunately, it is costing me $666.oo/month. Part of the suit I filed against the ex is to recoup that $ since, of he had not paid the COBRA late and gotten it dropped, I would not be paying that much.
God will have a hand in this and justice will prevail in court, I'm sure.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Thank you for the information! I really do appreciate it! :)Since I am considered to ...

Thank you for the information! I really do appreciate it! :)
Since I am considered to be "high risk" due to the immune disease, I got turned down for individual coverage. I applied for the state high risk pool and was approved. Unfortunately, it is costing me $666.oo/month. Part of the suit I filed against the ex is to recoup that $ since, of he had not paid the COBRA late and gotten it dropped, I would not be paying that much.
God will have a hand in this and justice will prevail in court, I'm sure.

--hide--

That is way too expensive. (666- mark of the beast?) The attack on the immune system is a beast. Belleruth Naparstek/Health Journeys has some good health guided imagery CD's for the Immune System, and for other health issues at Health Journeys and Amazon.

www.healthjourneys.com

www.amazon.com

voices.yahoo.com

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Or, maybe it is more like a series of miracles, all rolled into 2 tidy days called Christmas Eve and Christmas ...

Or, maybe it is more like a series of miracles, all rolled into 2 tidy days called Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...

I suppose the first miracle would be that I am currently here writing this, rather than sitting on my kitchen floor in a puddle of tears. Heck even that might be good, cause the floor COULD use a good cleaning.

My word! What a couple of days. Yesterday I picked my daughter up from the place where I exchange my daughter with her father because there are cameras - just in case he decides to do his impersonation of a psycho nut. That's one he does very well! No, don't say "bravo", please. :) She got in the car and from the word go was yelling at me, all kinds of lies he fed her for lunch that day, like that I am keeping her from him, that HE is afraid of ME (um, hmmm...really? Last time I checked he was the one who appeared in my living room uninvited, threatened to kill me over the retirement money, drives past my house at 2 AM...), and, of course being a bipolar child, she concluded with many "I hate you's" and kicking my seat....It could have been bad. Thank God for giving me a aster's in teaching and training with autistic children. It helps me deal with her so much better.

Miraculously, we were headed straight to the forensic psychologist I have hired to help me get out of the "post divorce era of terror" from aforementioned psycho nut. It was good, because he got to see how she is when she returns to me after a visit. So, I guess in retrospect having my daughter screaming at the top of her lungs that she hates me and I am the worst Mom ever might have been a good thing at the time. But, it still hurt. Sometimes, even the things that are good for us can hurt. We have to see past the tears and at Him to know there is a Purpose, and we have to trust that. That's what I've learned.

Moving right along to the 4 hours psych eval on Christtmas Eve to make sure I am, in fact, sane. Heaven knows, if I am still sane at THIS point after raising a bipolar daughter and a son with cerebral palsy on my own, and managing to somehow have a symblance of a career and urstwhile dealing with severe health issues caused by all this stress, well, then folks, we see a REAL miracle. I'm not being flippant. It must be God's hand.

After the psych eval and interviews with both kids, which cost me 2,000$, we went home...At which point I began my infusion - that's where I takes the medicine that keeps this my energizer bunny self going. You stick 3 needles in your stomach, hook up to a small pump with the medicine, and spend the next 2 hours wondering if your tummy is going to explode, because it burns THAT much when it goes in. That was time 1 for the week. My second dose comes Thursday. Maybe I should have a fire extinguisher on hand. Ya think? The miracle is that I HAVE the medicine at all, because my crazy ex stopped paying the COBRA, so it has cost me over 10K to pay for the medicine out of pocket while I got on a high risk insurance policy that would cover it.

And you think that's the last miracle? No. More came after that. While I was infusing (aka hooked to the pump'o fire), I managed to cook a turkey and get Christmas dinner ready for today. Aha, luckily, while that was cooking and I was still hooked up, it gave me time to spend with my daughter. She decided she no longer "hates me", and, instead, chose to use her candy colored nail polish to paint my toenails in every color known to man. I don't know how she got all these colors on my toes, but she did. And so, as I stumble my way through today, I look down and see ten toes of sheer love. They are beautiful.

If that wasn't enough, after all that, I had doubts I would make it to Midnight Mass. Somehow, someway, after all of tat, I spotted this dress I bought special for Midnght Mass. I managed, with the kids' help, to get the zipper and tiny button done, get them dressed and get to church. Next miracle: My ex did not show up anywhere last nigt. No lurking of any kind. Mass was beautiful. Luckily we had a whole pew to ourselves, cause the kids stretched out and fell asleep. And, I, in all my pretty dress and Peace, turned to concentrate on the birth of Our Lord....which is when I spotted this rather tall, handsome yet arrogant doctor I was dating for a while. (Note: the arrogance totally negates the tall and handsome)

What a miracle that was, because, last time I saw him, I was wearing a giant hot dog costume and running (yes running in a hot dog costume) after my lovely bipolar angel of a daughter who was having the fit that was, well, not from heaven for sure). Funny how some guys snub you when you are in a hot dog costume. Well, I wasn't dressed like a hot dog last night. Nor was I interested in him any longer. It felt great to know that I can take care of myself and my kids, choose who I date according to my values AND how they treat me, and be dressed to "the nines", in spite of the difficulties. He did come over to say a warm hello. I shook his hand, turned (and did not trip - another miracle) and took my angels home. Maybe i should have sprinke some Holy Water on him before I left. Naw...

Today, we went to Adoration, then to play on the playground at church. My children were happy and at Peace. Well, right up until I put the turkey on the table. Oh my - I should have cooked it longer. The blood was the first sign that we were being saved from food poisoning by NOT eating it. And, so, we had Christmas dinner, together, peacefully, and happily. Just without the turkey. Which, as I type this, is back in the oven for a second go 'round. Thank God for ovens and sight, especially for sight. I think I see more clearly now than ever before.

And, again, as I wrap this up, I glance down at my toes and see the many rainbow colors of love, right there on my toes to remind me how lucky I am. I look out my window and there is no crazy ex staring in, and I listen and hear happy, playing children. Oh, I may still shed a few tears, yet, but they will be tears of joy for all of these miracles...Things I might not have seen before. It really HAS been an incredible Christmas!

Well, time to go get that turkey out of the oven and see if it got baked enough to be any good....

--hide--

Celia, all I can say is God bless you, God bless you, God bless you.

Your ability to maintain a semblence of peace and order in spite of the chaos is a feat I fear i would not be able to accomplish. You are doing the right thing on many levels. I agree God gave you a miracle.
Posts 11 - 16 of 16