Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

blocking a viewer

12/27/2012 new

I can't remember, or perhaps it's changed..... how do I block a member from viewing my profile?

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Zoe-337980 said: I can't remember, or perhaps it's changed..... how do I block a member from viewing my prof...
(Quote) Zoe-337980 said:

I can't remember, or perhaps it's changed..... how do I block a member from viewing my profile?

--hide--
Interesting question, Zoe. As far as I know, you can block a member from communicating with you but I'm not sure about blocking a peek at your profile.

Now you've made me curious although the situation hasn't arisen for me.

12/27/2012 new

You would have to submit a Help ticket and request that member be blocked. That will block all interaction, including viewing your profile. However, the blocked member will still be able to see your posts and interact with you in the fora.

theheart

12/27/2012 new

Communication can be blocked by selecting "Block" from the More menu in a conversation.

In order to place a full block, which will prevent communication, profile views, and will prevent either member from seeing each other in search results and matches, please submit a help ticket that includes the member's name, id number, and a reason for the block.

12/27/2012 new

I didn't mean to repeat what you just said, Victor. I took awhile to submit my post and didn't notice that you answered before I did.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Communication can be blocked by selecting "Block" from the More menu in a conversation...
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

Communication can be blocked by selecting "Block" from the More menu in a conversation.

In order to place a full block, which will prevent communication, profile views, and will prevent either member from seeing each other in search results and matches, please submit ahelp ticketthat includes the member's name, id number, and a reason for the block.

--hide--

Does the block prevent one member from viewing another's profile? Or block the browse notifications? If the former, what does the blocked member see when they attempt to view the profile?

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Does the block prevent one member from viewing another's profile? Or block the browse...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Does the block prevent one member from viewing another's profile? Or block the browse notifications? If the former, what does the blocked member see when they attempt to view the profile?

--hide--

The block prevents one member from viewing the other profile. When the profile is searched it displays the message, "All interaction with member has been blocked", similar to the message that displays when searching deleted profiles.

theheart

12/27/2012 new

Thank you all for your responses.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8