Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

listing countries

12/21/2012 new

Just a suggestion: It would be nice if, for users outside of the United States, the full country name is listed rather than an abbreviation. For some profiles that come up in searches I have a hard time figuring out what country the person is in. Canada (CAN) and Australia (AUS) are obvious, but PNG and TCA are not. scratchchin

12/23/2012 new

(Quote) Lindsey-426482 said: Just a suggestion: It would be nice if, for users outside of the United States, the full countr...
(Quote) Lindsey-426482 said:

Just a suggestion: It would be nice if, for users outside of the United States, the full country name is listed rather than an abbreviation. For some profiles that come up in searches I have a hard time figuring out what country the person is in. Canada (CAN) and Australia (AUS) are obvious, but PNG and TCA are not.

--hide--

Just for clarification, where are you suggesting that the full country name be listed (e.g., in the header of the profile, under the photos int he forums, etc.)?

12/27/2012 new

Because a growing number of members now use mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets to use the site, it is important that we make the site accessible to all members, whether they use a mobile device or a laptop/desktop computer. Many country names are quite long and by spelling out each country, the formatting of the site ends up being compromised, making it difficult to read the page.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Because a growing number of members now use mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets to u...
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

Because a growing number of members now use mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets to use the site, it is important that we make the site accessible to all members, whether they use a mobile device or a laptop/desktop computer. Many country names are quite long and by spelling out each country, the formatting of the site ends up being compromised, making it difficult to read the page.

--hide--

Nothing a little JS can't deal with (have a po p-up with the full country name appear when the country abbreviation is moused-over).

12/27/2012 new

Easy now, Jerry. smile I was just repeating what I was told the last time this topic came up. I'll bring it up to Nate and see what he can do.

12/27/2012 new

What about possibly having a list of countries and their abbreviations in the help section? That way nothing would have to change on profiles or in the forums but members would be able to look a country up easily.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: What about possibly having a list of countries and their abbreviations in the help section? That...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

What about possibly having a list of countries and their abbreviations in the help section? That way nothing would have to change on profiles or in the forums but members would be able to look a country up easily.

--hide--

For those who want a list now, try this:

www.worldatlas.com

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Just for clarification, where are you suggesting that the full country name be listed (e.g., in th...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Just for clarification, where are you suggesting that the full country name be listed (e.g., in the header of the profile, under the photos int he forums, etc.)?

--hide--

Actually, I hadn't thought that far. Just that it would be nice to have the full country name listed somewhere in the profile itself, not necessarily on our forum avatars or the previews that come up in a search. More like something that comes up when you view the full profile.

I like Angela's suggestion of a key to the abbreviations. biggrin

Posts 1 - 8 of 8