Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Right now, with preferred customer status, incentive, and military discount, I can get $2000 off a ...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Right now, with preferred customer status, incentive, and military discount, I can get $2000 off a 2012 Chevy Colorado crew cab, Z71/4WD, with some pretty decent accessories. Total cost before trade-in is somewhere around $27000. Sure sounds good so far. I'll do my research and see what comes up.

Can someone tell me if end-of-year deals are better than waiting for the 2013 models?

--hide--

With your military discount, this sounds like a really good deal!

And I don't think there's much of a difference between the 2012 and 2011 models ... but you'd have to look into that, Carl ... all the best!

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

12/05/2012 new

The flip side is, the mechanic told me that everything else looks great, aside from needing the new alternator and battery, so maybe I should just keep going until the next problem, then trade it in. But then again, a new vehicle sounds tempting.

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: The flip side is, the mechanic told me that everything else looks great, aside from needing the new...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

The flip side is, the mechanic told me that everything else looks great, aside from needing the new alternator and battery, so maybe I should just keep going until the next problem, then trade it in. But then again, a new vehicle sounds tempting.

--hide--

It's totally up to you, Carl! smile

snowman fluffy santahat xmastree wreath Ice Skating stocking

12/05/2012 new

It would be paid in full up front (thank you, God) but then that's less money for grad school. But then I'd have a reliable vehicle under warranty..... the pros and cons are considerable.

12/27/2012 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: It would be paid in full up front (thank you, God) but then that's less money for grad school. But then I...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

It would be paid in full up front (thank you, God) but then that's less money for grad school. But then I'd have a reliable vehicle under warranty..... the pros and cons are considerable.

--hide--

A new alternator is nothing; I would replace it.

What did you finally do to resolve your situation?
12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado with 237,000 miles on it, eight years old, and the total cost over the...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado with 237,000 miles on it, eight years old, and the total cost over the past 18 months for scheduled and unscheduled repairs is over $3000. Would I be better off to invest in a new vehicle, rather than continue to pay for periodic maintenance?

--hide--

Yes. I am not an expert on cars but I think you might do better with a newer vehicle.

12/27/2012 new

Truck is repaired. I had it towed to a dealership so I could look at a new vehicle if necessary. I priced a 2012 Colorado crew cab and took the quote with me for a possible future purchase. The mechanic who replaced the alternator and battery told me that otherwise the truck is fine. I've been back and forth to Atlanta and Charleston a few times, and so far no headaches. However, I have some long trips planned next summer, so I'm thinking a new vehicle might be in order. I've certainly earned it.

12/27/2012 new

The average lifespan of a vehicle is 8-10 years, 150,000 miles. I have just over 8 years, 241,000 miles. I think it may have lived its life and then some.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: The average lifespan of a vehicle is 8-10 years, 150,000 miles. I have just over 8 years, 241,000 m...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

The average lifespan of a vehicle is 8-10 years, 150,000 miles. I have just over 8 years, 241,000 miles. I think it may have lived its life and then some.

--hide--

Thanks for sharing. I think you will be happy with a new vehicle and you can bring the idea of dating into the equation while choosing your vehicle. For example taking a woman out in a truck or a Van or some cars is not as nice if you know what I am trying to say but many new cars can serve both functions-- multipurpose and still be kind of a dating car. All of this to say that I have faith in you Carl!

12/27/2012 new

Understood, but I like having a quad cab pickup for practical reasons. It fits just fine in metro Atlanta or Charleston, and still allows me to grab my gear and head off to military duty or fishing in the mountains or on the beach. I could easily afford a BMW or other fancy car, but I want something more suited to my likes and pursuits.

I may go with an SUV, but it's hard to put a rucksack, dufflebags, fishing gear, a mountain bike, or scuba gear in it.

Posts 31 - 40 of 64