Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

--hide--
I agree that some 40-something men might be looking for younger women, especially if they still want to start a family of their own... and for those that just want someone younger... well... I can't do anything about that. However, I will say it's better to be up front & honest & have someone like you for YOU, age & all!!! Praying that God has someone special in store for you (& me) in the New Year!!! God bless-

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

--hide--

I am with you Kristen. This is my second time on here and I wish that age was the last thing that was shown. I feel the double duo of death, now way over forty and with two children. I worry that guys my age who have never been married either want someopne younger to have more children or find it hard to accept someone with children. I also agree that it is easy on the outside to have someone accept me, but as you mentioned, they do not have the same faith and ideals that I am looking for. Good luck and keep the faith.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I just read a profile of a guy who sounded great but then I saw his requirements for a woman -- ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I just read a profile of a guy who sounded great but then I saw his requirements for a woman -- he was 49 and looking only for women in their twenties or early thirties -- seriously???

Like they say men who are looking for women looking like Victoria's Secret babes ought to at least look like GQ guys!

--hide--

I can't help myself...: Eew! On both! I heard a comediene (female) quip once that Victoria's Secret was that only under 20's could wear thier... eh... stuff!

Ha! My elder son came up with a minimum age formula: Half your age PLUS seven years.

Understanding that experiential and intellectual compatibility are inportant components to a viable match, I've kept open the possibility that there might be one young enough to have a child with me - I was always a bit saddened by my "Ex's" refusal at 34 to have any more than our two sons. I had always envisioned having a daughter. On the other hand, I realize that God's intended for me may have daughters... so were I still ACTUALLY in my forties (vs the 40-14 I like to claim :) I would certainly be open to another 40-something! 20-something would probably not be a wise match.

12/27/2012 new

I disagree not all of us in our 40's are looking for a 20 something woman. I won't date someone that young. Just one opinion.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Yvonne-395154 said: I am with you Kristen. This is my second time on here and I wish that age was the l...
(Quote) Yvonne-395154 said:

I am with you Kristen. This is my second time on here and I wish that age was the last thing that was shown. I feel the double duo of death, now way over forty and with two children. I worry that guys my age who have never been married either want someopne younger to have more children or find it hard to accept someone with children. I also agree that it is easy on the outside to have someone accept me, but as you mentioned, they do not have the same faith and ideals that I am looking for. Good luck and keep the faith.

--hide--

Try to be 60 and aware that the men your age are looking for 40 somethings.. That's an ouch.. I prefer a man of my own generation, but they prefer much younger..That leaves the 70 something crowd for me.. weeping

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Yvonne-395154 said: I wish that age was the last thing that was shown.
(Quote) Yvonne-395154 said:

I wish that age was the last thing that was shown.

--hide--

And what would that accomplish?

I'll tell you exactly what would happen...

1000 men will view your profile to find out how old you are, many of who will be much older than you, but couldn't determine that prior to seeing your age.

You'll get 1000 notifications that these men viewed your profile.

Maybe 10 will actually send you an emote or message, as the other 990 may or may not choose to contact you due to your age.

There will be 1000 more threads posted by women complaining about why so many more older men are viewing their profiles, or why so many more men are now viewing your profile and not initiating contact.

Then, the pack of forum wolves make their presence known...

"These older men are all perverts and creepers."

"Men don't know how to take the lead."

And so on and so on and so on...

Sound about right?

theheart

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the be...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Kristen-878108 said:

Just from my observation on here, it seems a number of guys are looking for younger women- some quite a bit younger. They seem to be living in a fantasy world. My (late ex) wife was 2 months older. I only date women around my own age- I may be old, but I'm not an old fool!

Having been a photographer for many years, I'm critical of profile pictures which can stop someone from checking them out, and sometimes make technical suggestions. Nothing to criticize with yours, so that's not a factor.

Blessings and good luck.

--hide--

Peter you are very realistic, humble and brave to say what you think. Your post is a realistic toned post. I mentioned some men being delusional in expecting a much younger woman to respond to them with desire in another room and I was attacked a few days ago, last night I believe. Yet you, a very mature man seem ok with admitting that it is based in fantasy. You are stronger in my mind then those who won't even discuss this issue without some sort of ire. I have no trouble in real life. I think some men are stuck on numbers beside the profile picture which denote age. Some even fib as to their age. They think we can't tell? Prudence is based in reality.

12/27/2012 new

--hide--

I can only be honest....Having been on this site for a while and having just turned 43 this is my experience...Guys here in their early 40's seem to want the younger girls. Maybe they are worried about not being able to have children with us older ladies...if that is a priority for them. I think there is the rare guy out there who will see past it. But that is my honest opinion, and if you look at profiles men will often bluntly state their age preference for younger women. I will never respond to a guy who does not want to date women who are at least up to his own age. Sometimes I will get a random message from one of these guys...and I will respond 'I am apparently out of your required age bracket'...

I just call it like I see it...

12/27/2012 new

--hide--

For me, It has been a strange situation to find onesself unable to make heads or tails of so many men who are my age but who seem to be looking at women from a different decade then they are now in. People do have many types of good experiences here but this problem you are sensing is an overall issue that keeps coming up. This topic is one that has hurt a number of CM women quite deeply. Many of these ladies are fit, active and wonderful with great qualities of congeniality, beauty, intelligence, various types of TRUE giftedness, devotion to God, friendliness ect. Somehow this ship keeps sailing by... pirate with its eye on something else...

12/27/2012 new

--hide--

The CM "environment" is a good place to meet men (and women as friends) who share the same faith, morals, and values as you do. It is not a perfect environment, though, in that I feel people tend to think that if you are Catholic then everything else will fall into place.

I don't believe it is problematic for anyone to have their age listed. If age would be an issue with someone, then that is their issue and should not affect you.

Sure, I would gather that some men here who are in their 40's are looking for women in the same age range. I would also assume that some men are not. Age is a preference to a lot of people. It would not be productive to hide one's age, or for some, to be dishonest about age. These, to me, would show insecurity.

Someone will come along and you will realize why it didn't quite work with anyone else - and that will be because it was meant to work with that particular person who saw much more in you than any number could ever reveal about you.

Blessings to you, dear hug

Posts 11 - 20 of 200