Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Ahem, a very special CM woman turned 40 just today! Join me in wishing Kathie 430651 o...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Ahem, a very special CM woman turned 40 just today!

Join me in wishing Kathie 430651 of Two Rivers, WI a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Welcome to the best years of your life!

--hide--

Thank you, David, you are a dear friend hug I agree, these are the very best years, so much wisdom...

On a different note, I apologize I got this forum topic a bit off track...

Dec 27th 2012 new
Furthermore, based on my experience on CM, a guy is far more likely to get interest from ladies close in age.

You are a smart man Kwaku. clap
Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: if i keep working and growing, i may get to half a brain before long.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

if i keep working and growing, i may get to half a brain before long.

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing

David, your one of the most intelligent men I've seen here.
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: And what would that accomplish? I'll tell you exactly what would happen... <...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

And what would that accomplish?

I'll tell you exactly what would happen...

1000 men will view your profile to find out how old you are, many of who will be much older than you, but couldn't determine that prior to seeing your age.

You'll get 1000 notifications that these men viewed your profile.

Maybe 10 will actually send you an emote or message, as the other 990 may or may not choose to contact you due to your age.

There will be 1000 more threads posted by women complaining about why so many more older men are viewing their profiles, or why so many more men are now viewing your profile and not initiating contact.

Then, the pack of forum wolves make their presence known...

"These older men are all perverts and creepers."

"Men don't know how to take the lead."

And so on and so on and so on...

Sound about right?

--hide--

Yes, Victor you are right. I guess that I am hoping that people (ie. guys) would be more open minded, but I guess that you want what you want. I think it is more my problem than theirs. It is difficult to keep searching when you have already been searching for such a long time and nothing has bloomed....just a little frustrating. Thanks for your input. biggrin

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Yvonne-395154 said:
(Quote) Yvonne-395154 said:

--hide--

scratchchin Methinks you missed my point... I was simply suggesting that the idea wouldn't necessarily lessen your problem, but rather make it worse than it is in the present.

'Tis all. biggrin

theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Kwaku-654846 said: (author's comments preceded by ">" below)
(Quote) Kwaku-654846 said:

(author's comments preceded by ">" below)

--hide--

> there is no logical reason for a guy in his 40s to prefer women in their 30s or 20s

Do you expect logical reasons for other personal preferences, either in another person or in general (foods, entertainment, etc.)? If not, then why so for this one?

> (not unless he wants to have children

This would seem to be a very good reason since procreation and education of children are two of the fundamental purposes of marriage.

> I presume most men here in their 40s have had children already).

There are a significant number of men over 40 who have never married. Those who do have children may desire more.

Dec 28th 2012 new

Ladies... please don't shoot me!

I would date a man in his very early 40's if we really hit it off...

Now having said that, most of the men I talk to are my age up to 35ish...

And I seem also to get messages from the late 40's and early 50's crowd too! I just jokingly ask if they have a younger brother, son, nephew, etc. They get the point. Praying hug

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Ladies... please don't shoot me! I would date a man in his very early 40's if ...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Ladies... please don't shoot me!

I would date a man in his very early 40's if we really hit it off...

Now having said that, most of the men I talk to are my age up to 35ish...

And I seem also to get messages from the late 40's and early 50's crowd too! I just jokingly ask if they have a younger brother, son, nephew, etc. They get the point.

--hide--

You are fine DEAR! I hope someone good comes along!

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: > (not unless he wants to have children This would seem to be a very good reason since p...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

> (not unless he wants to have children

This would seem to be a very good reason since procreation and education of children are two of the fundamental purposes of marriage.

> I presume most men here in their 40s have had children already).

There are a significant number of men over 40 who have never married. Those who do have children may desire more.

--hide--

I understand that men in their 40s may prefer women "in their childbearing years" but women in their 40s are not completely out on that one. We might not have 12 kids in us, but maybe a couple or so. Adoption is always an option - and not necessarily only babies as there are older children needing good homes too. There I said it publicly, maybe someone will like it and most likely it will scare a few men off.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: There I said it publicly, maybe someone will like it and most likely it will scare a few men of...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

There I said it publicly, maybe someone will like it and most likely it will scare a few men off.

--hide--

If you haven't scared them off yet, I don't think this will make a difference. wink

Posts 31 - 40 of 200