Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found or unavailable

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

New here

Dec 26th 2012 new

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Theresa and I will be widowed 5 years in January. Just signed up for CM yesterday-I guess just testing the waters of the whole online meeting thing. I am just looking for other young widows and widowers close to my age. I was 39 when I was widowed and have school age kids at home. Most grief groups are not for the younger widow/widower so there is not much support. Most of my friends are married and I feel like I have been thrown back out into the single world-except with two kids to take care of. Not much family left-lost both parents as well at a pretty young age. Just seeing if anyone is in the same situation or a similar situation. Thanks for reading.

Dec 27th 2012 new
Welcome home to Catholic Match!

It will be 5 years for me in June. I was 38 when my husband passed away. Unfortunately, we were not able to have children. hug hug
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Theresa and I will be widowed 5 years in January. J...
(Quote) Theresa-637436 said:

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Theresa and I will be widowed 5 years in January. Just signed up for CM yesterday-I guess just testing the waters of the whole online meeting thing. I am just looking for other young widows and widowers close to my age. I was 39 when I was widowed and have school age kids at home. Most grief groups are not for the younger widow/widower so there is not much support. Most of my friends are married and I feel like I have been thrown back out into the single world-except with two kids to take care of. Not much family left-lost both parents as well at a pretty young age. Just seeing if anyone is in the same situation or a similar situation. Thanks for reading.

--hide--

Hello Theresa, you are not alone. My wife passed away six years ago in February. I, too, lost my parents. My mother passed away about nine months prior to my wife. I have three wonderful boys who are a blessing each day. Welcome to CM. There are many faithful and nice people here.

Dec 27th 2012 new

Thanks for reaching out with the welcome message. Nice to have a forum for widows and widowers here.

Dec 27th 2012 new

Sorry should have said welcome messages (plural). Looking forward to posting in this forum.

Dec 27th 2012 new

Welcome, Theresa! wave

theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Theresa and I will be widowed 5 years in January. J...

--hide--
Greetings, Theresa. I don't fall anywhere close to what your seeking in your inquiry, but I wanted to say "Hello" and "Welcome to the CM forums." There are others in similar circumstances, although I'm not sure how close anyone would be to your area. Your widowhood status was reached at an early age. As you'll learn, you're not alone in this. Earlier there was a post from a young woman in her 20's who lost her husband while he was serving in the armed forces. Tragic and unfortunate -- yes!! Can those of you in this situation overcome it? Yes again, but it isn't easy. You're probably heard other advice to take it "one day at a time." Well, that's the best way. A good spiritual life and developing your Faith will help.

If you own Church doesn't offer a support group compatible with your needs as a young widow, perhaps there's such a program in the Archdiocese.

You'll find numerous single parents on CM -- both men and women. They are truly saints for supporting their families, and working hours on end to keep the family together.

We hope you will visit some of the other "rooms" in the forums and participate often.

Dec 28th 2012 new

waveHi! Welcome to CM! I have only been a memebra few months, but I have already participated in a dinner and met wonderful people. I think this couldbe what you are looking for!

I am a widow as well. Congrats on stepping out!

Praying hug

Michele

Dec 30th 2012 new

--hide--

You are certainly right about grief groups not being a place for the younger widow/widower. It took years for me to meet anyone who had lost a spouse that had young children. This was my 5th Christmas without my husband. Having school-aged children and entering the dating world presents quite a few challenges. It also provides a great deal of much needed humor. May God bless you and your search.

Kathy

Jan 17th 2013 new

2013 Jan ..Welcome Newbees....Theresa and all may I say that CM is a lovely place to be. I joined as a widow of 5years. My new status since joining is ! TA DA ! In a relationship as of Oct 2012....met on CM....plan to marry this year. I place my life in God's good hands...for he said: My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways. Isaia 55
Thank you Lord for your gifts, I praise you and glorify you and give you thanks for your great glory Amen

Posts 1 - 10 of 10