Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

"This Is 40"

12/28/2012 new

Has anyone heard of this movie? I just saw it this evening, and it made me sad, yet hopeful at the same time. This couple (married with 2 kids) turns 40, and they have an extremely dysfunctional relationship along with several other messed up relationships with people in their lives. I'm tellin' ya, I'd rather be single for my entire life than be in a relationship like that one! I don't want a relationship revolving around resentment, arguing, and/or dishonesty that's okay because "we love each other." I want so much better for myself. I hope that the kind of marriage I want is possible. I hope my belief is true: a relationship with God is most important, and to have a relationship with God together with your spouse is, as they say, "where it's at!"

Can anyone relate?

12/28/2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-846180 said: Has anyone heard of this movie? I just saw it this evening, and it made me sad, yet hopeful at th...
(Quote) Kelly-846180 said:

Has anyone heard of this movie? I just saw it this evening, and it made me sad, yet hopeful at the same time. This couple (married with 2 kids) turns 40, and they have an extremely dysfunctional relationship along with several other messed up relationships with people in their lives. I'm tellin' ya, I'd rather be single for my entire life than be in a relationship like that one! I don't want a relationship revolving around resentment, arguing, and/or dishonesty that's okay because "we love each other." I want so much better for myself. I hope that the kind of marriage I want is possible. I hope my belief is true: a relationship with God is most important, and to have a relationship with God together with your spouse is, as they say, "where it's at!"

Can anyone relate?

--hide--

Kelly - fortunately a relationship with the Lord is for eternity; whereas, a dysfunctional retionship in this world can unfortunately feel like an eternity. Focusing first on the everlasting-relationship is the best priority, and the worldly relationship will happend in-time. Do not settle for anything less.

Posts 1 - 2 of 2