Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

"Jesus calls the poor and simple shepherds by means of angels to manifest Himself to them. He calls the learned men by means of their science. And all of them moved interiorly by grace hasten to adore Him. He calls all of us with divine inspirations and He communicates Himself to us with his grace. How many times has He not lovingly invited us also? And with what promptitude have we replied? My God I blush and am filled with confusion at having to reply to such a question."

- St. Padre Pio

Often Jesus call us in ways we do not expect or do not like.

How do we know when he is asking us to serve him and others?

How do we respond?

12/28/2012 new

Great quote and questions, David. Love Padre Pio, so straightforward, no mincing words with him. I will have to come back to this as I am on my way to work (how convenient, huh?), but I will revisit this....maybe even take it up with you on FB later. ;)

12/28/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: "Jesus calls the poor and simple shepherds by means of angels to manifest Himself to t...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

"Jesus calls the poor and simple shepherds by means of angels to manifest Himself to them. He calls the learned men by means of their science. And all of them moved interiorly by grace hasten to adore Him. He calls all of us with divine inspirations and He communicates Himself to us with his grace. How many times has He not lovingly invited us also? And with what promptitude have we replied? My God I blush and am filled with confusion at having to reply to such a question."

- St. Padre Pio

Often Jesus call us in ways we do not expect or do not like.

How do we know when he is asking us to serve him and others?

How do we respond?

--hide--

God and I have a funny relationship... He calls me and I ignore Him until He's hitting me upside the head with his Holy Two-by-four! faint

Just kidding... though that is what it took for me to realize that I wasn't meant to be a religious... Sometimes it's not even that I ignore Him, so much as I cannot see where He wants me to be until He wants me to see, and you're right, Jesus does often call us in ways we don't like... and it's hard for me to explain how He has called me... Praying is a big thing and the more I do it, the better I know His voice when He does call.

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-844048 said: God and I have a funny relationship... He calls me and I ignore Him until He's hitting me u...
(Quote) Jessica-844048 said:

God and I have a funny relationship... He calls me and I ignore Him until He's hitting me upside the head with his Holy Two-by-four!

Just kidding... though that is what it took for me to realize that I wasn't meant to be a religious... Sometimes it's not even that I ignore Him, so much as I cannot see where He wants me to be until He wants me to see, and you're right, Jesus does often call us in ways we don't like... and it's hard for me to explain how He has called me... is a big thing and the more I do it, the better I know His voice when He does call.

--hide--

biggrin this is so often the case. god goes to great lengths to gather each of us in. he humbles and abases himself in order that we might finally come to know, love, and serve him.

god's call often moves us out of our comfort zone. often we don't perceive his voice. often we reject his overtures. but he persists.

if today we hear his voice, harden not our hearts.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4