Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

So we're at the party for the parish, and the college girl (19) that I've been sort of trying to help transfer to my alma mater is as usual, sitting with my son and I. For the third or fourth time this month, someone comes up to me and compliments me about my helpful children. My son and my collegiate are running about helping get other people napkins, etcetera, as usual. Not five minutes later someone comes up and tells me how lucky I am to have a wonderful son and daughter.

So, I suppose I will just adopt my young protege, she is a sweet 19 year old. How odd I had a daughter I didn't know about when I was 11... laughing

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: So we're at the party for the parish, and the college girl (19) that I've been sort o...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

So we're at the party for the parish, and the college girl (19) that I've been sort of trying to help transfer to my alma mater is as usual, sitting with my son and I. For the third or fourth time this month, someone comes up to me and compliments me about my helpful children. My son and my collegiate are running about helping get other people napkins, etcetera, as usual. Not five minutes later someone comes up and tells me how lucky I am to have a wonderful son and daughter.

So, I suppose I will just adopt my young protege, she is a sweet 19 year old. How odd I had a daughter I didn't know about when I was 11...

--hide--
Katherine, don't worry about that. Perhaps she looks younger than 19. How old is your son? Maybe because they are together helping people just naturally think she is your daughter. Perhaps because they made the comments they think you are young looking but just didn't say it. When I was in high school and used to go and watch my brother play basketball my brother was only to quick to tell me that a classmate of his told him she saw his mother at the basketball game and that he has a pretty mother. It was me at my brother's basketball game. I was in grade 12 and he was in grade 10 at the time. I think it was my hair style at the time. LOL Anyways, recently a year or so ago my mothers neighbour asked me if I just had one brother. I told her no there are 3 of us. I am the oldest I said. Really she said I always thought that you were the youngest. LOL I have a sister a year younger than me and a brother two years younger than me. Sooooo don't worry about it. LOL

Dec 26th 2012 new

Well, she is very young looking and we're all very fair skinned so that's probably it. That, or maybe because I've ended up going to things like her honor society induction because her family's far away and I hated the thought of her having nobody to cheer for her. Hey, a 4.0 college GPA deserves a cheer or two! That's it - she's so smart and my son's so smart they have to be children of a brilliant mum, LOL!

Dec 27th 2012 new
You look much younger than 30. They should have said older sister not mom
Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: So we're at the party for the parish, and the college girl (19) that I've been sort o...

So, I suppose I will just adopt my young protege, she is a sweet 19 year old. How odd I had a daughter I didn't know about when I was 11...

--hide--

I probably would have mistaken her for your lil sis! hug theheart

Dec 28th 2012 new

--hide--

laughing My niece was born when I was 14 and a freshman. During my junior year of high school, my brother (a teacher at my high school) brought her for a half day. A coach came up and asked if she was mine. AHHHH! I had just transferred to public school from Catholic school and was almost like, Are you out of your mind?! He is now an asst. principal and I still think of that comment any time someone mentions his name!

That same niece just turned 17, and her younger brothers (my nephews) are 13 and 9. The 13 year old is very behind physically for his age and could easily pass for a 5th grader instead of 8th grader. So, I have been asked if my nephews are mine. However, technically, that nephew was born a few months before I graduated high school. Still, I'd be offended if someone really thought a 13 year old was my kid!!!!

I hope this made sense! lol

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I probably would have mistaken her for your lil sis!
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I probably would have mistaken her for your lil sis!

--hide--

Oh, no. I guess I'm old enough to have an 9 year old and still have had the 9 year old at 18.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Oh, no. I guess I'm old enough to have an 9 year old and still have had the 9 y...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

Oh, no. I guess I'm old enough to have an 9 year old and still have had the 9 year old at 18.

--hide--

On the bright side, did I mention I am going to be an aunt? Okay, well I have posted it in several topics!

Dec 29th 2012 new
So, I suppose I will just adopt my young protege, she is a sweet 19 year old. How odd I had a daughter I didn't know about when I was 11... This is why I don't assume such things until I am told. I learned after putting my foot in my mouth it's best to keep said mouth shut or ask someone else.
Dec 29th 2012 new
On the bright side, did I mention I am going to be an aunt? Okay, well I have posted it in several topics! Congrats on being an aunt. Will this be your first niece/nephew? I have 9.
Posts 1 - 10 of 14