Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: And the humorous: "All the good music has already been written by people with w...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

And the humorous:

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."
~ Frank Zappa

--hide--

Ha, ha! Yes, we need some funny ones...Off to work; I will be anxious to continue this thread tonight...I love great quotes!

Dec 28th 2012 new

Heard this on the radio last night:
"Music is like a river that flows and washes off all the dust of the day."
Forgot which jazz great they said said that.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Heard this on the radio last night:"Music is like a river that flows and washes off all t...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Heard this on the radio last night:
"Music is like a river that flows and washes off all the dust of the day."
Forgot which jazz great they said said that.

--hide--
Love that quote.

Dec 28th 2012 new

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dec 28th 2012 new

.................................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................

"A fart is the cry of an imprisoned turd."

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: .....................................................................................................
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

"A fart is the cry of an imprisoned turd."

--hide--
Lina, you have my kind of humor~ I've been accused of having the maturity of a nine year old!

Dec 28th 2012 new

I thought the line could be taken with depth too, not just the surface humor.

People who complain and moan about things a lot usually do so, not because they truly enjoy being miserable, but because they have some hidden trapped hurts or wounds that just aren't being taken care of. Like infants crying. So if someone is being "stinky", maybe it's because of old unresolved business. If they could just let it out in the proper way/receptacle, well, that would clear the air!

Er sumpin' like that. biggrin

Dec 28th 2012 new

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

"Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas - how he got into my pajamas, I'll never know."

- Groucho Marx

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly."

- Winston Churchill

"It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so"

- Will Rogers

Dec 28th 2012 new

"Turn your face to the sun and let the shadow fall behind you."

-- I've read this is everythin from a Maoi to a Chinese proverb.

"We're burning daylight."

-- John Wayne

Dec 28th 2012 new

Christmas is for kids and cops.
Whitey Bulger

Posts 11 - 20 of 200