Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

12/28/2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I have a few dresses that are looking pretty on their hangers... Maybe... Maybe I'll wear one on New...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I have a few dresses that are looking pretty on their hangers... Maybe... Maybe I'll wear one on New Years Eve anyway!!! Ladies, let's get dolled up anyway!
--hide--
Hi Alice wave I love your new profile picture - such a wonderful smile - I hope things are going good for you - have a great weekend - Nancy from Lakeville hug

12/28/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: Hi Alice I love your new profile picture - such a wonderful smile - I hope things are going good ...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

Hi Alice I love your new profile picture - such a wonderful smile - I hope things are going good for you - have a great weekend - Nancy from Lakeville

--hide--

wave Thanks, Nancy! New Year's Eve dolled up with my kids and a glass of sparkling grape juice. What could beat that?

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I have a few dresses that are looking pretty on their hangers... Maybe... Maybe I'll wear one on New...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I have a few dresses that are looking pretty on their hangers... Maybe... Maybe I'll wear one on New Years Eve anyway!!! Ladies, let's get dolled up anyway!
--hide--

Alice, you might just have an idea. Why do we need dates to wear a fab dress and hot heels? My daughter loves it when we get dressed up!

Sparkling grape juice and the beautiful dress it s with the kiddos. And maybe a rousing game of monopoly. wink

12/29/2012 new
After six years I thought I'd be dating by now too. I'm ok with it but today is my first born son's 18th anniversary, my daughter came to the Cemetery with me but now I'm home alone and feeling it. I know God is with me but I wish so much to to feel the warmth of love's embrace. Blessings to you all for a joyous love filled New Year.
12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Maria-907776 said: After six years I thought I'd be dating by now too. I'm ok with it but today is my first born so...
(Quote) Maria-907776 said: After six years I thought I'd be dating by now too. I'm ok with it but today is my first born son's 18th anniversary, my daughter came to the Cemetery with me but now I'm home alone and feeling it. I know God is with me but I wish so much to to feel the warmth of love's embrace. Blessings to you all for a joyous love filled New Year.
--hide--

Oh, dear, Maria, so sorry for your loss:(

03/12/2013 new

I was ready to date about 2 years after my marriage ended. But life happens & I didn't have much opportunity. In a relationship with a man for about 2 years that was NOT good. Physical problems caused me to just not think about getting out & about until I moved half way across country. I have been single-again for 15 years!!!! I have enjoyed the growth & freedom this time afforded me. I was very busy being involved with divorce ministry through the years.

I decided to get on this site last spring because I thought, "why not?! Perhaps there is someone out here I'm meant to meet." I met a very nice gentleman & have been seeing him for several months. He seemed almost too good to be true & I was harboring some expectations about our relationship--not a wise thing to do, believe me! And he told me we are just friends & he is not the one for me! I am able to accept just friendship if we can just go on seeing each other on a casual basis, but I need to be prepared if he should terminate all contact with me, no matter how much we might enjoy each other's company.

I am older, but I believe I could be a good wife to the right man. There's just so much more to enjoying travel, attending performances, etc. with a worthy companion. I hear a lot of stories about couples finding each other at an advanced age & it would be nice to be included in that statistic!

What does the Lord have in store for me? If it is to continue as a single woman, then so be it, but I'm not forgoing the possibilities.

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: I was ready to date about 2 years after my marriage ended. But life happens & I didn't ha...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

I was ready to date about 2 years after my marriage ended. But life happens & I didn't have much opportunity. In a relationship with a man for about 2 years that was NOT good. Physical problems caused me to just not think about getting out & about until I moved half way across country. I have been single-again for 15 years!!!! I have enjoyed the growth & freedom this time afforded me. I was very busy being involved with divorce ministry through the years.

I decided to get on this site last spring because I thought, "why not?! Perhaps there is someone out here I'm meant to meet." I met a very nice gentleman & have been seeing him for several months. He seemed almost too good to be true & I was harboring some expectations about our relationship--not a wise thing to do, believe me! And he told me we are just friends & he is not the one for me! I am able to accept just friendship if we can just go on seeing each other on a casual basis, but I need to be prepared if he should terminate all contact with me, no matter how much we might enjoy each other's company.

I am older, but I believe I could be a good wife to the right man. There's just so much more to enjoying travel, attending performances, etc. with a worthy companion. I hear a lot of stories about couples finding each other at an advanced age & it would be nice to be included in that statistic!

What does the Lord have in store for me? If it is to continue as a single woman, then so be it, but I'm not forgoing the possibilities.

--hide--

This happens to guys too. My sister's advice: you will meet her when you least expect to. My response: I will meet someone in the shower? She doesn't always get my humor but I understand her point. The Good Book says there is a time to every purpose under Heaven. Now is my time to work on me and catch up on reading. Que sera sera. It's not so bad really.

04/09/2013 new
Dont worry ...I keep 4 years divorce and I dont had any dates in 4 years ,because in my catholic believes I keep married ,because I dont do the annulement process .My ex after 22 years of marriage and 4 kids is living the crazy life and now goes by the second woman he lives with . And I am the only one alone , and everybody pushing me to meet someone and man approaching me constantly because really I am lucky I look younger ....and I "run" because I feel like I am unfaithfull after 4 years .I feel like a strange woman ,looking around how everybody divorce ,dates and change the boyfriend like underwear and I keep in my soul that I keep married and keep faithfull and married to a idiot .....that did the worst things . ........But as soon I see this site I was shock how many of you can get the annullement ,I get married out of USA and in some places is faster than others and easy . I am in the same boat than you lorrie ......and everyday I am asking me if GOD ...dont need the annullement for make me feel free ....when God knows I respect him ( my ex and the sacrament ) in our relationship like girlfriend by four years and like wife by 22 years and this 4 years of spiritual "limbo"....
Posts 11 - 18 of 18