Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Traditional way or not?!

12/28/2012 new
Ladies if you like someone's picture would you check his profile?

If you liked someone's profile would you send him a message or emotigram? If you did how often do guys respond?

Gentlemen how would you think about a woman checking first your profile or sending you message or emotigram?

I was reading about a lady who sent emotigram to a gentleman and he blocked her. eyepopping
12/28/2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Ladies if you like someone's picture would you check his profile? If you liked someone'...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Ladies if you like someone's picture would you check his profile?

If you liked someone's profile would you send him a message or emotigram? If you did how often do guys respond?

Gentlemen how would you think about a woman checking first your profile or sending you message or emotigram?

I was reading about a lady who sent emotigram to a gentleman and he blocked her.
--hide--

My profile is viewed and I frequently receive messages from women with whom I have had no prior contact. It doesn't weird me out at all. As a personal preference, I always reply to at least the initial message regardless of interest. I've made a lot of friends during my time on this site that were born from this very circumstance.

As for getting blocked, some people are just like that. What can you do. In truth, it's inconsequential. In the past I used to send emotes to everyone on the birthday list every day. I can count numerous times where she blocked communications having neither replied, or even viewed my profile.

There was actually an instance with one who did that who then also sent a complaint ticket to admin when I posted a comment to a topic she had posted here in the fora because I wasn't "in her preferred age range". True story.

As they say, it takes all types. What can you do besides just do your thing and let the rest work itself out.

theheart

12/28/2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Ladies if you like someone's picture would you check his profile? If you liked someone'...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Ladies if you like someone's picture would you check his profile?

I was reading about a lady who sent emotigram to a gentleman and he blocked her.
--hide--

Therese - the compliment works the same in both directions; after reading a profile and viewing a the photo(s), I will send a brief note because I'm interested in learning more about the woman. If a woman sends me a note, then it is because she is interested in learning more about me. There is nothing wrong with a woman making the first contact. biggrin

12/28/2012 new

--hide--

Yes, yes, and very rarely... it's a little bit frustrating to be honest... irked However, as I've been told on here before... it only takes one smile

12/29/2012 new
I am curious to know. Do you try to contact someone who checked your profile but didn't leave a note? or when they don't leave a note does it mean they are not interested?

In other word if i checked someone's profile without leaving a note or emotigram do i give him the impression that i am not interested ?
12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I am curious to know. Do you try to contact someone who checked your profile but didn't leave a no...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I am curious to know. Do you try to contact someone who checked your profile but didn't leave a note? or when they don't leave a note does it mean they are not interested?

In other word if i checked someone's profile without leaving a note or emotigram do i give him the impression that i am not interested ?
--hide--

It's a guessing game at best. Some guys will make that assumption and some won't. Those who have been on this site longer will tend to chalk-up a view without a message as either a lack of interest, window shopping, or, in some instances, the gal "dropping the hanky" hoping it'll motivate us to make the first move. Many newer members, who tend to be still on the eager side, will see any interaction as an invitation to initiate communication, but they will usually view your profile as well before sending a message.

As for me, I already communicate with many people on a regular basis on this site, so I tend not to send a message in these instances unless I recognize her as being active elsewhere on the site (forum, chat, etc.). At least in those cases I'm more certain that she is a paid member and I'm not chasing ghosts. I'm also a bit different than many on here, as I'll communicate with almost anyone, regardless of whether I'm interested or think of the gal as a potential match.

theheart

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I am curious to know. Do you try to contact someone who checked your profile but didn't leave a no...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I am curious to know. Do you try to contact someone who checked your profile but didn't leave a note? or when they don't leave a note does it mean they are not interested?

--hide--

As with almost any other question you can ask along these lines, the answer is a very definite..... it depends on the person. I would say most men would not assume a browse without any contact is an expression of interest, though some may contact you anyway.

12/30/2012 new

I read the forums and at times, enjoy viewing the profiles of those who post. So, when we are viewed, there might be other reasons.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8