Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

My Profile: What to include?

Dec 29th 2012 new

I have spent a lot of time tweaking my profile during my time at CM, trying to prepare something that accurately projects who I am. I like informative profiles because I want to know that I have something in common with the person. I am satisfied that my introduction provides a window into who I am. My question is regarding the "My Ideal Match" section. Mine is rather long and I wonder if all the detail is overwhelming to men who read it and perhaps they think that no one could possibly possess all the qualities listed. I am not so idealistic as to believe someone would possess every quality listed, but also want to provide some real content for a man to base his decision as to whether we are compatible.

Please share your thoughts on what works with profiles! What do you prefer: brevity or detail? Does a wordy "ideal match" section repel or attract? What are you looking for when you read a profile? What are some red flags that cause you to move on? What's information do you look for on a profile?

Dec 29th 2012 new

Feel free to look at mine. I did tweak mine quite a bit. Lol a Catholic Match brother also told me I should change "ideal" things to "dealbreakers"! Ha!

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Feel free to look at mine. If you didn't know, it doesn't show when you view the same sex lol! I did twea...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Feel free to look at mine. If you didn't know, it doesn't show when you view the same sex lol! I did tweak mine quite a bit. Lol a Catholic Match brother also told me I should change "ideal" things to "dealbreakers"! Ha!
--hide--

Thanks for the advice. Regarding the "ideal" as "dealbreakers" - that's what I'm wondering - is the perception that all the qualities listed are non-negotiable? Because I'm not sure that they are for me. If that's the perception, I need to pare down my list because probably NO ONE (except Jesus) would meet all of these ideals!

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I have spent a lot of time tweaking my profile during my time at CM, trying to prepare somethin...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I have spent a lot of time tweaking my profile during my time at CM, trying to prepare something that accurately projects who I am. I like informative profiles because I want to know that I have something in common with the person. I am satisfied that my introduction provides a window into who I am. My question is regarding the "My Ideal Match" section. Mine is rather long and I wonder if all the detail is overwhelming to men who read it and perhaps they think that no one could possibly possess all the qualities listed. I am not so idealistic as to believe someone would possess every quality listed, but also want to provide some real content for a man to base his decision as to whether we are compatible.

Please share your thoughts on what works with profiles! What do you prefer: brevity or detail? Does a wordy "ideal match" section repel or attract? What are you looking for when you read a profile? What are some red flags that cause you to move on? What's information do you look for on a profile?

--hide--

Hi Kristen,

Here are my two cents... Your introduction is well done, it conveys who you are and what it important in your life. The ideal match is well written and does provide men with a broad view of what you are looking for; however, it could be a little overwhelming, and some men may interpret it as a checklist, which is not your intention. Maybe consider some consolidation and fewer explanation points. biggrin

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: Hi Kristen, Here are my two cents... Your introduction is well done, it convey...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

Hi Kristen,

Here are my two cents... Your introduction is well done, it conveys who you are and what it important in your life. The ideal match is well written and does provide men with a broad view of what you are looking for; however, it could be a little overwhelming, and some men may interpret it as a checklist, which is not your intention. Maybe consider some consolidation and fewer explanation points.

--hide--

Thanks - that is exactly what I was wondering. God bless!

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Thanks - that is exactly what I was wondering. God bless!
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Thanks - that is exactly what I was wondering. God bless!

--hide--

Disclaimer - since I'm not the brightest bulb on the old Christmas tree, wait for additional feedback from other men on this forum. biggrin You'll find some very sincere and empathetic insight....stay tuned....

Dec 29th 2012 new

Will do!

Dec 29th 2012 new

Not a fan of the first paragraph of your ideal match section. I think the rest of it is good though. You need more photos especially of you doing things or visiting places. You can never have to many photos. My two cents

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Not a fan of the first paragraph of your ideal match section. I think the rest of it is good thou...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Not a fan of the first paragraph of your ideal match section. I think the rest of it is good though. You need more photos especially of you doing things or visiting places. You can never have to many photos. My

--hide--

Thanks for the feedback - I will definitely revise that. Definitely need more photos.

And any other readers - P\please share your thoughts on what works with profiles! What have you found works? Brevity or detail? Does a wordy "ideal match" section repel or attract? What are you looking for when you read a profile? What are some red flags that cause you to move on? What's information do you look for on a profile?

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Not a fan of the first paragraph of your ideal match section. I think the rest of it is good thou...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Not a fan of the first paragraph of your ideal match section. I think the rest of it is good though. You need more photos especially of you doing things or visiting places. You can never have to many photos. My

--hide--

Well, I've updated my profile based on these suggestions. We'll see if it helps!

Share your thoughts on what works with profiles! What have you found works? Brevity or detail? Does a wordy "ideal match" section repel or attract? What are you looking for when you read a profile? What are some red flags that cause you to move on? What's information do you look for on a profile?

Posts 1 - 10 of 21