Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandpar...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandparents, they have been around 60 years married. But ever since remember, they've always had this I-hate-you-i-cant-stand-you relationship.
--hide--

My parents had this kind of relationship, Alma Rosa. (By the way Alma Rosa is a beautiful name.) I remember talking to Monsignor Wade about their relationship and he told me that they had created a relationship they were comfortable with. I would never be comfortable with that kind of relationship and worked hard at making sure my marriage was kinder and more loving than I saw with my parents. I think "happily ever after" does last. It just last differently for each couple who makes it work.

One of my favorite sayings about marriage goes something like this, "The sign of a good marriage is that everything is debatable and challenged. Nothing is turned into law or policy. The rules, if any, are known only to the two players, who seek no pubic trophies."

- Elizabeth

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen different types of marriages. But for example my grandpar...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen different types of marriages. But for example my grandparents, they have been around 60 years married. But ever since remember, they've always had this I-hate-you-i-cant-stand-you relationship.
--hide--
My parents will be Married 60 years in June 2013.They have always been in love, kind, and affectionate with each other.In my 54 years ,I have never heard them fight.

Dec 29th 2012 new

God wants us to be nice to each other in marriage - to always try harder than the day before. When I think of a happy marriage the word "JOY" comes to mind.

Jesus
Others
Yourself

theheart

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: God wants us to be nice to each other in marriage - to always try harder than the day before. Whe...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

God wants us to be nice to each other in marriage - to always try harder than the day before. When I think of a happy marriage the word "JOY" comes to mind.

Jesus
Others
Yourself

--hide--
I agree, Nancy. And...forever means forever. Obviously for some of us it didn't work out that way but that doesn't mean we stop believing in the forever of marital vows and the love, effort and sacrifce to have a happy marriage.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I agree, Nancy. And...forever means forever. Obviously for some of us it didn't work out that w...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I agree, Nancy. And...forever means forever. Obviously for some of us it didn't work out that way but that doesn't mean we stop believing in the forever of marital vows and the love, effort and sacrifce to have a happy marriage.

--hide--
This is why God gives us second and sometimes third chances at marriage - He can see how bad the marriage was. I believe marriage is a wonderful gift from God's big heartbeat

God does heal our broken hearts and homes.

Marriage is sacrifice- it is not self seeking. It is not rude. It is compromising, loving , helping each other be their best version of themselves.

God knows my heart is healed and I am ready for my second chance. Thank You Jesus theheart

Dec 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!! All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandparen...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Hello everyone!!

All my life I've seen differwnt types of marriages. But for example my grandparents, they have been around 60 years married. But ever since remember, they've always had this I-hate-you-i-cant-stand-you relationship.
--hide--

A woman prefers a white Jaguar(car) over a Prince on a white horse...
Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: A woman prefers a white Jaguar(car) over a Prince on a white horse...
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

--hide--

Now where did that popcorn emoticon go...???

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: (Quote) Meg-920823 said: I agree, Nancy. And...forever means forever. Obvi...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

Quote:
Meg-920823 said:

This is why God gives us second and sometimes third chances at marriage - He can see how bad the marriage was. I believe marriage is a wonderful gift from God's big

God does heal our broken hearts and homes.

Marriage is sacrifice- it is not self seeking. It is not rude. It is compromising, loving , helping each other be their best version of themselves.

God knows my heart is healed and I am ready for my second chance. Thank You Jesus

--hide--

Nancy,

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas.

You and Meg's post above yours is so very true. Although there are many good times in marriage, as you know it takes hard work to maintain that relationship. After 20 years, I am totally healed from my first marriage. I never think about it unless someone brings up the subject. As I have mentioned to another poster, I look at life through my windshield not my rear view mirror.

You are just a little over a month from flying to Florida. I know the anticipation grows each day. However, you won't see any snow in Florida. laughing

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: A woman prefers a white Jaguar(car) over a Prince on a white horse...
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

--hide--

Not true, Jim. smile

- Elizabeth

Dec 29th 2012 new
Alma Rosa,

Happily ever after exist in many marriages. I see the marriages of my sister, close friends, church members, they have lasted 20's , 30's or 40 something years. They still enjoy each other (they have fun in each other's company). It takes a lot of work from both of them at times, especially when they go through difficult stages or situations. Communication, respect, love, and commitment are essential elements. There has to be forgiving on both parts at times. People around them see their little act of affection, for example reaching to hold each other's hands or hugging each other, etc. When I see them together, it give me hope.
Posts 11 - 20 of 59