Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: A self-fulfilling prophecy combined with a false sense of beauty: she believes this, so i...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

A self-fulfilling prophecy combined with a false sense of beauty: she believes this, so it (or the converse) becomes so. Being in love is neither being loved or loving. In most cases it waxes and wanes (or worse). What is the result of building even a portion of our self-esteem on such shifting sands?

True beauty comes from living the life God has planned for us: in general and specifically. In many cases the reason we don't have what we want right now is because God knows we're not ready for it and has other plans for us today. The longer we resist doing things His way, the longer it will take to get to the point we're ready to be given what we desire.

--hide--

hmmm -- let me tell you about my Franciscan formation director, now 8osome years old -- she is still in love with Jesus and our faith, but 30 years ago she was really truly deeply into her faith and spent most hours awake in communion with God -- and she felt beautiful!! She felt thin, young, sparkling, glowing and thought she was! And I'm sure that glow 'showed' to others around her! But she said that when she looks back on pictures of herself during those glowing years, she was 'just herself' -- not thin, not young, not 'beautiful' -- just herself -- that is the 'beautiful' I'm referring to. You don't have to 'be outwardly beautiful' to 'be beautiful'!!!!!!!!!!!

12/29/2012 new

My stage mentor back in high school once told me that a person who's not nice to waiters/waitresses, is not a nice person at all. i agree with what he's said, and I definitely concurr with your observation about people with great intellect but fall short of their manners. Such a dilema happens to most people who struggle about themselves--they're not happy with what they have which acccounts for what they do. Suffices that bad behavior leads to bad image. Only then is when ugliness takes center stage--disposition is shifted on the negative. However, we have a choice to shift things to the positive, and that's when we learn to value beaty and brains in a positive light. Hope that helps.

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Arturo-535613 said: My stage mentor back in high school once told me that a person who's not nice to waiters/wai...
(Quote) Arturo-535613 said:

My stage mentor back in high school once told me that a person who's not nice to waiters/waitresses, is not a nice person at all. i agree with what he's said, and I definitely concurr with your observation about people with great intellect but fall short of their manners. Such a dilema happens to most people who struggle about themselves--they're not happy with what they have which acccounts for what they do. Suffices that bad behavior leads to bad image. Only then is when ugliness takes center stage--disposition is shifted on the negative. However, we have a choice to shift things to the positive, and that's when we learn to value beaty and brains in a positive light. Hope that helps.

--hide--

I should note that this response is for Bernadette's last post--sorry I clicked on the wron tab.

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: hmmm -- let me tell you about my Franciscan formation director, now 8osome years old -- she is s...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

hmmm -- let me tell you about my Franciscan formation director, now 8osome years old -- she is still in love with Jesus and our faith, but 30 years ago she was really truly deeply into her faith and spent most hours awake in communion with God -- and she felt beautiful!! She felt thin, young, sparkling, glowing and thought she was! And I'm sure that glow 'showed' to others around her! But she said that when she looks back on pictures of herself during those glowing years, she was 'just herself' -- not thin, not young, not 'beautiful' -- just herself -- that is the 'beautiful' I'm referring to. You don't have to 'be outwardly beautiful' to 'be beautiful'!!!!!!!!!!!

--hide--

This is a perfect example of what I was driving at: the the true (inner) beauty comes from living our life in union with God's will, not being "in love" with another person. The difference is ike building a house on bedrock and building one on sand. For a while both houses will stand. But for how long?

12/29/2012 new
Hi all, I would consistently take brains over beauty, you don't need to be an Enstein though. I think that if you can't have a decent, meaningful conversation with someone it doesn't matter how good looking they are.
12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: This is a perfect example of what I was driving at: the the true (inner) beauty comes fro...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

This is a perfect example of what I was driving at: the the true (inner) beauty comes from living our life in union with God's will, not being "in love" with another person. The difference is ike building a house on bedrock and building one on sand. For a while both houses will stand. But for how long?

--hide--

well, I guess what I'm driving at is when you are truly in a loving relationship, you feel outwardly beautiful -- it's a feeling, yes, but it reflects a true perfect state -- it doesn't have to be between two perfect people with great outward beauty or brains, but it comes from being truly loved and loving. when i am with my tight circle of friends, we all appear beautiful! even in our various physical realities. love gives beauty. maybe we have different ideas of beauty, being as you are male and I am female and not as 'visual'??

12/29/2012 new
(Quote) Arturo-535613 said: In the movie The Ward of Oz, the lion chose courage, the tin man chose the heart, and the scare crow chos...
(Quote) Arturo-535613 said:

In the movie The Ward of Oz, the lion chose courage, the tin man chose the heart, and the scare crow chose the brain...Dorothy chose to go back home to Kansas. .The beauty of the film was Oz was beyond reach..
--hide--
Home is where the heart is A rtura
12/29/2012 new

Amen Ed!!

12/29/2012 new
irked Why is one considered excluded from the other? Blonde used to mean brains until Mariltn, was it Manson or Monroe, showed up. She was even a bleached blonde!
12/29/2012 new

We are all Beautiful and we all have unique gifts no matter how smart we are or how we look ... God Loves each of us heart

www.youtube.com

Posts 41 - 50 of 118