Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Clueless

Dec 29th 2012 new

I am always barking up the wrong tree. When I am interested in a woman but I have no clue if she are interested in me. Do women send clues or signals to men they are interested in?

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Tony-796158 said: I am always barking up the wrong tree. When I am interested in a woman but I have no clue if she a...
(Quote) Tony-796158 said:

I am always barking up the wrong tree. When I am interested in a woman but I have no clue if she are interested in me. Do women send clues or signals to men they are interested in?

--hide--

Sometimes it involves you making the first move and then the ball is in her court. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Best of luck, sir!

Dec 29th 2012 new

Not always, but a good woman, who thinks she has found a good man, has been known to do that if she senses he is thinking she's not interested in him.

Dec 29th 2012 new

It could depend on how long you have been messaging back and forth.

If you've been talking a while, and barely keeping her end of the conservation going it could be that she's interested in (just) friendship. However, a lady could do the same and be interested in more than friendship, if you haven't "made a move." So, generally, I'd say that is she's sending long messages, more than a few sentences, after a while, chances are she's interested. If not, she's being polite in keeping up the conversation, but may not know you're own intentions towards her. I hope this helps! Good luck! Praying

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Tony-796158 said: I am always barking up the wrong tree. When I am interested in a woman but I have no clue if she a...

--hide--
Tony, Welcome to Catholic Match. You're at the right place!

Dec 29th 2012 new

--hide--

Forget about clues, signals, and all that other stuff. You're looking for a signal from her while she's doing the exact same thing to you... and you're both doing nothing but wasting time. Sure, it's "cute" and a novelty at first, but the novelty wears-off very quickly, and you both either become bored, or disgusted, and lose interest in pursuing each other before you give it the first chance to begin.

Forget the treasure hunt... just talk to her. Spend your time learning the answers to your questions than wondering what those answers may or may not be.

theheart

Dec 29th 2012 new

--hide--

If she keeps responding to you in a friendly manner and you are getting positive vibes when you try to move the relationship forward such as to phone call, or to a meeting, then she's interested..

PHONE... This is something really important for you guys to understand.. I have seen tons of posts from women about the phone call issue.. You guys offer your phone numbers quite often on here.. The thing is, this site is full of traditional women who seem to get insulted if a man's phone number is offered first..These woman want YOU to ask for their phone number and YOU to make the call..

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Forget about clues, signals, and all that other stuff. You're looking for a signal from h...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Forget about clues, signals, and all that other stuff. You're looking for a signal from her while she's doing the exact same thing to you... and you're both doing nothing but wasting time. Sure, it's "cute" and a novelty at first, but the novelty wears-off very quickly, and you both either become bored, or disgusted, and lose interest in pursuing each other before you give it the first chance to begin.

Forget the treasure hunt... just talk to her. Spend your time learning the answers to your questions than wondering what those answers may or may not be.

--hide--

Thank you, Victor! A friend sent me an article a day or so ago that he saw on the Internet. It was talking about dating and how most of us don't date these days because we're so fearful of rejection. Why is that? Are we so dependent upon what others think of us that we will just crumble if they don't show interest? I'm not! Of course, I don't want the man to be rude or mean. I wouldn't be rude or mean, unless there was no other option. Why not show a little assertiveness and let the chips fall where they may?! This is the only way we'll ever find our true Catholic match. That is why we're here, right? Even friendships involve risks, don't they? Chelle

Dec 29th 2012 new

I don't know why my post didn't post, and I'm not going to rewrite it. However, I have to tell you, it was really good!! You get a Gold Star!

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: I don't know why my post didn't post, and I'm not going to rewrite it. However, I ha...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

I don't know why my post didn't post, and I'm not going to rewrite it. However, I have to tell you, it was really good!!

--hide--

The reason your post appeared to be missing was because you placed the text before the [ /quote ] tag at the end of the quoted block. This can be easy to do when there are extra blank lines at the end of the quoted material and the tag is below the bottom of the visible window.

This happens fairly frequently, so don't feel badly about it. My suggestion to everyone is that when you use Reply & Quote to be sure to use the scroll bar to move to the bottom of the window and insert your text after the closing tag.

Posts 1 - 10 of 20