Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Peace of Christ to all

Chemistry in relationships thrives when love and discipline converge , forming a lasting bond!

What do you think?

wave theheart You get a Gold Star!
Casey

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Peace of Christ to all Chemistry in relationships thrives when love and discipline conver...
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

Peace of Christ to all

Chemistry in relationships thrives when love and discipline converge , forming a lasting bond!

What do you think?

Casey

--hide--

Casey - are you trying to define chemistry? It may be too subjective as we each have unique "likes." I'm sure your question will lead to a lively discussion to follow... biggrin

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Peace of Christ to allChemistry in relationships thrives when love and discipline converg...

Peace of Christ to all

What do you think?

Casey

--hide--

All relationships should start out with chemistry and true love is discipline - action shows the maturity of the love. Chemistry is the excitement and the skp of the heart beat. A mature love sees you through the rough times, when the giggles just aren't there at that moment.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Casey-637092 said: Peace of Christ to all Chemistry in relationships thrives when love and discipline conver...

Peace of Christ to all

What do you think?

Casey

--hide--

I think Casey needs to be more disciplined laughing Just kidding wink
Really we all need to have discipline in our lives. For me it is more discpline to pray and be in the presence of Christ.

Peace and Prayers to you ! Praying hug theheart

Dec 29th 2012 new

well, maybe I'm different than most, but for me there has to be a 'click' in understanding before any 'chemistry' starts for me. when I'm talking to someone and we suddenly realize we understand each other or have some connection in thinking, then is when I get that physical/chemical awareness and the friendship goes to a more intimate relationship. but that could be because I was married youngish and haven't allowed myself to have any 'awareness' or 'interest' in any male but my ex-husband for so many years? i 'turned off' that reaction to the physical presence of men so long ago that i'm not 'aware' of it so soon as others now?

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: well, maybe I'm different than most, but for me there has to be a 'click' in underst...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

well, maybe I'm different than most, but for me there has to be a 'click' in understanding before any 'chemistry' starts for me. when I'm talking to someone and we suddenly realize we understand each other or have some connection in thinking, then is when I get that physical/chemical awareness and the friendship goes to a more intimate relationship. but that could be because I was married youngish and haven't allowed myself to have any 'awareness' or 'interest' in any male but my ex-husband for so many years? i 'turned off' that reaction to the physical presence of men so long ago that i'm not 'aware' of it so soon as others now?

--hide--

You are absolutely correct Rachel - I believe there must be chemistry in a relationship - but chemistry is only a fraction of it. Love and a mature love is what keeps the relationship going through good times and bad and helps it to continue to grow as it matures. Love at times is a choice even with the chemistry that keeps the relationship.

Jan 1st 2013 new

Peace of Christ to all

What do you think?

Casey

--hide--

Eros, or romantic love, thrives in mystery. It's those unknown questions about our love that become so compelling or intoxicating... So what is one to do when the day to day knowledge of our spouse starts to wear that mystery thin? (Wish I could remember where I read it... perhaps Fr. Thomas Morrow's Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World.) But when one possesses a well developed prayer life... learning to absorb God's love & mystery on a regular basis, it becomes that much easier to keep Eros alive & kicking as we continually become more sacrificial and sensitive with our beloved...

Correct me if I'm wrong Casey, but is this what you mean by discipline... the continual effort both parties make to be open to & stay in tune with each other? Prayer & sacramental live becomes the driving force while the decisions & determination of the couple allow chemistry to thrive... IMHO .... rose rose rose

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: Eros, or romantic love, thrives in mystery. It's those unknown questions about our ...
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

Eros, or romantic love, thrives in mystery. It's those unknown questions about our love that become so compelling or intoxicating... So what is one to do when the day to day knowledge of our spouse starts to wear that mystery thin? (Wish I could remember where I read it... perhaps Fr. Thomas Morrow's Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World.) But when one possesses a well developed prayer life... learning to absorb God's love & mystery on a regular basis, it becomes that much easier to keep Eros alive & kicking as we continually become more sacrificial and sensitive with our beloved...

Correct me if I'm wrong Casey, but is this what you mean by discipline... the continual effort both parties make to be open to & stay in tune with each other? Prayer & sacramental live becomes the driving force while the decisions & determination of the couple allow chemistry to thrive... IMHO ....

--hide--

Dear Debbie ,

Very well said !!!! discipline of ones self to always look for the good in others and to correct what is needed in self

As the precious blood flows form Mercies side

Casey rose rose rose wave

Posts 1 - 8 of 8