Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Really!?!?

Dec 29th 2012 new

Ok, this is for real, b/c I'm tired of seeing it and well I guess I'm complaining a little but more just concerned. There are 2 commonalities that I see constantly on profiles of women on here that, frankly, might have better luck on match.com.

1) you have pictures in your profile with you at a bar drinking; or you have more than 1 picture on here with alcohol in it.

2) you have pictures in your profile showing off cleevege and/or short/tight fitting dresses/clothing that looks too 'pop' culture

Ok first, I am in no way a prude about drinking, I like alcohol on occassion and enjoy it at events, but certainly not daily or often for that mater. Is the first thing you ladies want to covey to a future partner, that 'hey i'm cool' I drink, yea I have fun! Thats probably a horrible way to start a pickup line...hey is your fav. drink a hot toddie b/c you certainly look tasty...I mean lets be real. If you are 'tired of meeting the same kind of guy at bars' then you come on here and post bar pictures, I'm confused, do you not like the bar scene or do you just not like the guys at the bar scene, which when I last checked was the only reason to go to a bar is to meet people of the opposite sex, you certainly don't go for the overpriced alcohol do you? If you do haha well I guess you are not really worth it either, lol, no offense...maybe

Secondly, you want to attract a good, wholesome guy, who doesn't oogle over every living and breathing thing that walks by him, Treats you with respect, and upholds your dignity, and yet you have pictures that show off 75% of your breasts/legs. Modest is hottest. When I say modest, I don't mean wear a full ninja suit like the muslim women, b/c thats rediculous but, wear something that covers up 100% of your chest and at least 50% of your legs. If we need to see more of either, it will come on our wedding night. I am all for dressing fashionably and its quite attractive actually when women dress very nice and coordinate and look put together. I have a friend who is married now but came to work every day very nicely put together, women, can you help me out here?

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Ok, this is for real, b/c I'm tired of seeing it and well I guess I'm complaining a little but m...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

Ok, this is for real, b/c I'm tired of seeing it and well I guess I'm complaining a little but more just concerned. There are 2 commonalities that I see constantly on profiles of women on here that, frankly, might have better luck on match.com.

1) you have pictures in your profile with you at a bar drinking; or you have more than 1 picture on here with alcohol in it.

2) you have pictures in your profile showing off cleevege and/or short/tight fitting dresses/clothing that looks too 'pop' culture

Ok first, I am in no way a prude about drinking, I like alcohol on occassion and enjoy it at events, but certainly not daily or often for that mater. Is the first thing you ladies want to covey to a future partner, that 'hey i'm cool' I drink, yea I have fun! Thats probably a horrible way to start a pickup line...hey is your fav. drink a hot toddie b/c you certainly look tasty...I mean lets be real. If you are 'tired of meeting the same kind of guy at bars' then you come on here and post bar pictures, I'm confused, do you not like the bar scene or do you just not like the guys at the bar scene, which when I last checked was the only reason to go to a bar is to meet people of the opposite sex, you certainly don't go for the overpriced alcohol do you? If you do haha well I guess you are not really worth it either, lol, no offense...maybe

Secondly, you want to attract a good, wholesome guy, who doesn't oogle over every living and breathing thing that walks by him, Treats you with respect, and upholds your dignity, and yet you have pictures that show off 75% of your breasts/legs. Modest is hottest. When I say modest, I don't mean wear a full ninja suit like the muslim women, b/c thats rediculous but, wear something that covers up 100% of your chest and at least 50% of your legs. If we need to see more of either, it will come on our wedding night. I am all for dressing fashionably and its quite attractive actually when women dress very nice and coordinate and look put together. I have a friend who is married now but came to work every day very nicely put together, women, can you help me out here?

--hide--

Far be it from me to give advice on attracting women (I have none). But my mom always told me you attrtact more bees with honey and our faith tells us that charity is the highest form of expressing our faith and St. France said to preach the gospel and use words if you must. With that being said your post could come across as making a lot of judgements about these women without knowing a thing about any of them. While objectively you might be right (not saying you are or are not) subjectively they may be quite ignorant of the issues you have brought up. The average Mass going Catholic does not know their faith all that well and the people on CatholicMatch are at different places in their faith just like a parish.

If you want an unsolicited suggestion I would first pray for them and second maybe try befriending a few of them and really get to know them and you might at some point be able to sway them when they realize you have their best interest at heart and are not simply ranting about them on a message board. If they you don't feel like that is a good use of your time or you are called to that I would say simply pray.

Dec 30th 2012 new
What is sad, Brian, is that these women probably receive more attention than modestly dressed women... As in real life. Some of them may not truly understand the effects of their lack of modesty.
Dec 30th 2012 new

Happy birthday Brian.
365 more days to the big 30.
Good luck.

Dec 30th 2012 new

Happy Birthday! Happy birthday think positive . I know what you mean . But for me my first priority is my son everthing else comes in second . to me family values and his upbringing is a important thing ,

Dec 30th 2012 new

Happy Birthday!!!Brian! Happy Birthday!

Dec 30th 2012 new
Lol! Your post made me laugh, but I know, unfortunately, they're probably getting more "leads" than me! I mean, look at my profile: CHASTITY??? Um, how do I exit out of this profile? And how quickly can I do that? Lol
Dec 30th 2012 new

Happy Birthday to you Brian.

I agree that many people don't think things through at all. It's the same reason that guys post pictures with baseball hats, and sunglasses, and standing by their car. They just don't think.

But I think Admin Brian makes a very good point, that maybe some of these women have never actually met a man who was not interested in partying and who did not want to be pandered to with T and A (if you will excuse the expression). It's terribly hard to be a woman (especially a young woman) in today's world.

All that talk about modesty is great, but most guys' eyes will follow the chick in the tight low cut dress, while you are sitting there in your high necked, decent lengthed dress. So women feel they have to do something to compete, as it were.

That's all I can say--I hope that everyone takes your post as a message to go back and look at their own pictures, and look at them the way their "target audience" will see them, and think about what every possible reaction will be.

Dec 30th 2012 new

I think the photos posted will tell you a little about that person and if they are a good match or not. It sounds like you do not want to be dating or corresponding with someone who posts pictures you disapprove of. ?? or do you like what you see, but you don't want everyone else seeing it?? Maybe - these photos will tell you a little about the person's overall judgment and discretion. just a thought.

actually, I have no idea what women put in their pictures ... and they should cover up I suppose. If women can have alluring photos of themselves, why can't the men? I could tell you what bugs me about the photos of men on here. Well, not necessarily just on this site - but in general on dating sites. sure, he posted a pic of himself, but he was about 50 ft away from the camera and you can't see his face. ohh ... and pets (all sorts of pets - some are cute and some are not). and super shiny cars /motorcycles / boats/ etc.. and bathrooms. At least he straightened the towels and cleaned the shower before taking the pic of himself in the mirror. Just once, I'd like to see a dirty car. :) and the men would say - an unwashed car would be a lady's car, not a man's car. ~~~whatever.~~ And if an undershirt is the only thing you have on when you take a pic in the mirror, please make sure it is clean and not all stained and gross. oh - and leave the shirt on please (again, not so much a problem on this website).

I digress and I think I hijacked your post - but really I think people that frequent singles sites should have an anonymous forum where they can just gripe about what they find out about the opposite sex from visiting singles websites. there are some horror stories out there. For the record, I like pics of small animals; really don't care about photos of cars / motorcycles / boats / ATVs / motor homes / trucks. but that's just me I guess.

Dec 30th 2012 new

I do not discount or judge them but if their whole profile is good I'll talk but actions my friend speak louder and when I've gotten to know them it's close to 100% no Bruno . they need prayers n I will pray for them but it's ALL about 1st impressions

Posts 1 - 10 of 196