Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 30th 2012 new

Just to add some humor to this topic, Brian, here are ten reasons to go to a bar, none of which involve going for the opposite sex, as you so put it:

1) Kareoke: Find me a kareoke place that is not in a bar

2) Watching sports that are not on your local tv

3) Networking opportunities (even with a few drinks--people can usually offer some decent advice and as long as you are not smashed and appear presentable--it can benefit you and you can make connections)

4) The food: many bars actually have decent food

5) A place to socialize with friends: nothing wrong with this

6) Some of that overpriced alchol actually taste quite good (microbreweries)

7) They might have lier's dice cups (anyone ever played this game--it's quite fun and is briefly shown in the Pirates of the Carabean Part II)

8) Get a free drink on your birthday (some states prohibit this practice but in California, it is allowed)

9) It helps stimulate the the economy and provide jobs

10) It's just nice to get out of the house.

Dec 30th 2012 new

going to the bar also stifles your personal economy . karaoke can be played on Xbox or Wii . it doesn't stimulate the economy if you go just a few times (broken window fallacy)

hah thanks though

Dec 30th 2012 new

Brian,

How do you know what is in their glasses? Did Willy Wonka's smell-o-vision finally come to being??

Dec 30th 2012 new

Happy Birthday, Brian! Happy Birthday!

(Quote) William-913283 said: Just to add some humor to this topic, Brian, here are ten reasons to go to a bar, none of which...
(Quote) William-913283 said:

Just to add some humor to this topic, Brian, here are ten reasons to go to a bar, none of which involve going for the opposite sex, as you so put it:

1) Kareoke: Find me a kareoke place that is not in a bar

2) Watching sports that are not on your local tv

3) Networking opportunities (even with a few drinks--people can usually offer some decent advice and as long as you are not smashed and appear presentable--it can benefit you and you can make connections)

4) The food: many bars actually have decent food

5) A place to socialize with friends: nothing wrong with this

6) Some of that overpriced alchol actually taste quite good (microbreweries)

7) They might have lier's dice cups (anyone ever played this game--it's quite fun and is briefly shown in the Pirates of the Carabean Part II)

8) Get a free drink on your birthday (some states prohibit this practice but in California, it is allowed)

9) It helps stimulate the the economy and provide jobs

10) It's just nice to get out of the house.

--hide--

11. Theology on Tap: hard to get good turnout when the tap belongs to a kitchen or bathroom sink. wink

Dec 30th 2012 new

Because they are holding beer bottles labeled

Dec 30th 2012 new

Happy birthday, Brian. I hope 29 is your best year yet!

It took a lot of convincing for me to realize that modesty is best. As you know, our generation got corrupted by the likes of the handlers of Britney, Christina, and thier Micky Mouse friends. Girls my age were fed lies through them via their handlers. The fashion industry doesn't help. It has made me dislike shopping for clothes.

Dec 30th 2012 new
So true, Marita. We know that girls who show more get more attention. It's a fact of life. It's much more trouble to find styles that are modest, and even if they are "better," we still need to add to it (how many tanks and cami's do I have????). It's so much work! Lol that's why so many women are like forget it! It's more time-consuming and they get less attention out of it. But, even growing up in the "if you got it, flaunt it" generation, I still take the time and effort to be modest and cute, even if it doesn't attract most guys. I know that there are some out there who are truly trying to be pure, and I'm not going to tempt them to sin. But men, when you see a woman dressed modestly, please compliment her! :) We need all the encouragement we can get!
Dec 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: So true, Marita. We know that girls who show more get more attention. It's a fact of life. It's much more t...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: So true, Marita. We know that girls who show more get more attention. It's a fact of life. It's much more trouble to find styles that are modest, and even if they are "better," we still need to add to it (how many tanks and cami's do I have????). It's so much work! Lol that's why so many women are like forget it! It's more time-consuming and they get less attention out of it. But, even growing up in the "if you got it, flaunt it" generation, I still take the time and effort to be modest and cute, even if it doesn't attract most guys. I know that there are some out there who are truly trying to be pure, and I'm not going to tempt them to sin. But men, when you see a woman dressed modestly, please compliment her! :) We need all the encouragement we can get!
--hide--
Amen!
Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: I guess I'm complaining a little
(Quote) Brian-144650 said: I guess I'm complaining a little
--hide--

I have to say it does get more of my attention, but I am more
worried about the photos which are cameraphone or without
combing their hair or without makeup Probably great to be on
a motorcyle with uncombed hair, but if I can tell she isn't wearing
makeup(or actually if I can tell that she IS) someone ought to
clue her in on putting the best foot forward- and please do not
hesitate to let me know directly(see the little message icon?)
about all of MY faliings- I am arrogant enough to know that I
can change for the better, with a LOT of help !

Dec 30th 2012 new

clap clap

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Happy birthday, Brian. I hope 29 is your best year yet! It took a lot of convincing f...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

Happy birthday, Brian. I hope 29 is your best year yet!

It took a lot of convincing for me to realize that modesty is best. As you know, our generation got corrupted by the likes of the handlers of Britney, Christina, and thier Micky Mouse friends. Girls my age were fed lies through them via their handlers. The fashion industry doesn't help. It has made me dislike shopping for clothes.

--hide--

Posts 11 - 20 of 196