Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 30th 2012 new
Thou hast made us for Thyself O Lord and our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee -St. Augustine
Dec 30th 2012 new

From Ash Wednesday by T.S. Elliot. Okay, going to pull it out of context and it's repeated twice in parts 1&6, I recommend reading the entire thing though (its awesome).

"Teach us to care and not to care
Teach us to sit still"

This is my justifiaction for not dancing in public...

“Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.”
H.P. Lovecraft

Dec 30th 2012 new

"This above all: to thine own self be true,"

(Shakespeare Quote)

Dec 30th 2012 new

Finding the right work is like discovering your own soul in the world. St. Thomas Moore

Dec 30th 2012 new

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
-- Mother Teresa

- Elizabeth

Dec 30th 2012 new
“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.”
―Mother Teresa (I love that one!)
Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-741232 said: “I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so mu...
(Quote) Mark-741232 said: “I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.”
―Mother Teresa (I love that one!)
--hide--

I've said this for years and I never thought to Google it. I would have never know if it wasn't for this biggrin Jinkies, mystery solved!

Dec 30th 2012 new

Meg,

Wonderful thread and a great respite from the sex threads and will I ever find anyone? Good topic.

Here are some I wish to share:

I have not read all the responses so if one these was posted prior, my sincere apologies. I did not mean to plagiarize.

Mark Twain

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Mother Theresa

I am not sure exactly what Heaven will be like. But I don't know that when we die and if comes the time for God to judge us, He will not ask, "How many good things have you done in your life?" Rather He will ask, "How much love did you put into what you did?"

Stephen Levine

When your fear touches someone's pain, it becomes pity. When your love touches someone's pain, it becomes compassion. --

Author Unknown

Working for God on earth doesn't pay much but His retirement plan is out of this world.

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardship and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

Sir Winston Churchill

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Ann Landers

The Lord gave us two ends -- one to sit on and the other to think with. Success depends on which one we use the most.

Theodore Zeldin

Conversation is a meeting of minds with different memories and habits. When minds meet, they don't just exchange facts: they transform them, reshape them, draw different implications from them, engage in new trains of thought. Conversation doesn't just reshuffle the cards: it creates new cards.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 30th 2012 new
Wow. Thanks, Leon. There are a lot of great quotations.
Jan 1st 2013 new

"Albert Einstein wrote, 'Everybod is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.' The question I have for you is what is your genius? You see I believe that we are all capable of doing one thing better than any other person alive at this time in history. What is your one thing? ...How will you know when you discover your genius? There are two signs: joy and a feeling of timelessness...This is not work, it is passion." From The Rhythm of Life-Living Every Day With Passion and Purpose by Matthew Kelly

Posts 61 - 70 of 200