Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

facebook hobby lobby

12/30/2012 new

I was on the hobby lobby FB page shortly after the news came out and found quite an eclectic debate going on about whether the company was justified in their stance against the afordable healthcare act (obamacare). Seems like they have decided to take a stance against the law and face a fine of $1.3 million per day rather than comply with what they consider to be an unjust law. Their position is that they oppose Plan-B in the HHS Mandate and the supreme court refused to take up their case. My understanding is that the fines will begin on Jan 1.

If you would like to express support for the cause, you might consider adding a comment on the Hobby Lobby FB page.

12/30/2012 new
(Quote) Greg-729474 said: I was on the hobby lobby FB page shortly after the news came out and found quite an eclectic debate going on abo...
(Quote) Greg-729474 said:

I was on the hobby lobby FB page shortly after the news came out and found quite an eclectic debate going on about whether the company was justified in their stance against the afordable healthcare act (obamacare). Seems like they have decided to take a stance against the law and face a fine of $1.3 million per day rather than comply with what they consider to be an unjust law. Their position is that they oppose Plan-B in the HHS Mandate and the supreme court refused to take up their case. My understanding is that the fines will begin on Jan 1.

If you would like to express support for the cause, you might consider adding a comment on the Hobby Lobby FB page.

--hide--
I ran cross a "thank you page" on The Becket Fund web site last night and wanted to share the link on CM. So glad to see this thread dedicated to supporting Hobby Lobby. Let's all say thank you via both FB and the Becket Fund. They are inspirational and courageous Christians and deserve our emotional support! They are fighting for all of us!

www.becketfund.org
12/30/2012 new

I read the article entitled: Attorney: Hobby Lobby won't comply with HHS Mandate.

www.stophhs.com

12/30/2012 new

Below are two quotes from LifeNews.com on this issue. The folks at CatholicVote.org are also fighting this issue. This is mind boggling. In third world countries, yes...but in America...

- Elizabeth

“Today’s shocking decision from the 10th Circuit is an utter rebuke of religious freedom. Hobby Lobby now faces fines of up to 1.3 million dollars a day if it’s owners refuse to violate their consciences by paying for and providing abortion-causing drugs for its employees. This is a dereliction of duty of the part of the courts to protect IRS citizens from bureaucratic bullies who care little for the First Amendment,” said Ashley McGuire, Senior Fellow with The Catholic Association, after the appeals court ruling in that case.

“Plaintiffs have not cited, and the court has not found, any case concluding that secular, for-profit corporations such as Hobby Lobby and Mardel have a constitutional right to the free exercise of religion,” the ruling said.

www.lifenews.com

12/30/2012 new

I just posted my support for them. Thank you, this was a good idea.

12/30/2012 new
Support Hobby Lobby. Here's How. UPDATED

"Here's all you have to do: buy something, anything at all, from Hobby Lobby on January 5th.

Learn all about it over at the Facebook page, "Standing With Hobby Lobby".

www.patheos.com
12/31/2012 new

It is almost like a war on the hobby lobby website - i posted a number of times to argue for 1st amendment freedom & also to support a few that had made comments and then were crudely criticized - i also posted on the mike huckabee fb page and asked if he would consider covering the HL story in a similar way to how the chik-fil-a story was covered - any support you can provide with positive comments or supportive comments will probably be appreciated by HL and by those who are arguing for religious freedom

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I ran cross a "thank you page" on The Becket Fund web site last night and wanted to share the l...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I ran cross a "thank you page" on The Becket Fund web site last night and wanted to share the link on CM. So glad to see this thread dedicated to supporting Hobby Lobby. Let's all say thank you via both FB and the Becket Fund. They are inspirational and courageous Christians and deserve our emotional support! They are fighting for all of us!

www.becketfund.org
--hide--

thanks mary for the link - i sent them a note of support - greg

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: I just posted my support for them. Thank you, this was a good idea.
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

I just posted my support for them. Thank you, this was a good idea.

--hide--

Thanks Matt

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Below are two quotes from LifeNews.com on this issue. The folks at CatholicVote.org are also ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Below are two quotes from LifeNews.com on this issue. The folks at CatholicVote.org are also fighting this issue. This is mind boggling. In third world countries, yes...but in America...

- Elizabeth

“Today’s shocking decision from the 10th Circuit is an utter rebuke of religious freedom. Hobby Lobby now faces fines of up to 1.3 million dollars a day if it’s owners refuse to violate their consciences by paying for and providing abortion-causing drugs for its employees. This is a dereliction of duty of the part of the courts to protect IRS citizens from bureaucratic bullies who care little for the First Amendment,” said Ashley McGuire, Senior Fellow with The Catholic Association, after the appeals court ruling in that case.

“Plaintiffs have not cited, and the court has not found, any case concluding that secular, for-profit corporations such as Hobby Lobby and Mardel have a constitutional right to the free exercise of religion,” the ruling said.

www.lifenews.com

--hide--

thanks elizabeth

Posts 1 - 10 of 17