Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Nfl Playoffs...

Dec 31st 2012 new

I hope your team had a great season.We will comment on upcoming games and make predictions.

There are rules that need to be set:

The deadline for all prognostications,is the prior Thursday at 8pm EST,7pm CST,6pm MT,and 5pm PST.

Predictions are due by the following dates:1/3/13, 1/10/13, 1/17/13, and 1/31/13,respectively.

The point values for each game,are as follows:

Wild Card: 3 points each.

Divisional: 5 points each.

Championship: 7 points each.

Super Bowl: 12 points. Tiebreaker:total points(2)

PLEASE refer to your picks,by TEAM NAME,not city or state...it makes it easier to keep track of your performance.

Enjoy the playoffs!

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: I hope your team had a great season.We will comment on upcoming games and make predictions. ...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

I hope your team had a great season.We will comment on upcoming games and make predictions.

There are rules that need to be set:

The deadline for all prognostications,is the prior Thursday at 8pm EST,7pm CST,6pm MT,and 5pm PST.

Predictions are due by the following dates:1/3/13, 1/10/13, 1/17/13, and 1/31/13,respectively.

The point values for each game,are as follows:

Wild Card: 3 points each.

Divisional: 5 points each.

Championship: 7 points each.

Super Bowl: 12 points. Tiebreaker:total points(2)

PLEASE refer to your picks,by TEAM NAME,not city or state...it makes it easier to keep track of your performance.

Enjoy the playoffs!

--hide--

Gerard,

I like your point system for the various levels of play. That way, if we start off slow, it gives everyone a chance to catch up. Also, you gave very explicit ground rules to submitting everyone's picks.

I will be brave and be the first to pick:

As always, home teams in bold:

Saturday, January 5, 2013 (afternoon and night)

Texans
over the Bengals (Although the Bengal defense is so much improved from when we played them last year, I'm am just too loyal)

Packers over the Vikings (I feel Aaron Rogers at home with his receiving core is going to be strong)

Sunday, January 6, 2013 (afternoon)

Ravens over the Colts

Redskins over the Seahawks

You might note I picked all the home teams to win.

I wish you all success in your choices. This is going to be fun. Thanks Gerard.

Happy New Year to all,

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Jan 2nd 2013 new

We all have a clean slate, so let the games begin!!!

SATURDAY JANUARY 5TH

Bengals over Texans (sorry Leon, but your Texans have fallen apart. Hope I'm wrong though) sad

Packers over Vikings (home field advantage with my pick on this one)

SUNDAY JANUARY 6TH

Colts over Ravens (I think the Colts are so motivated and have that Superbowl ring in their sights)

Redskins over Seahawks (tough pick that could go either way, but I'm giving home filed advantage with my pick here)

Good luck to all my NFL buddies!! wave

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Texans, Packers, Colts, Seahawks.

Boo to Linda for picking Skins over the Seahawks! ;-)

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Redskins over Seahawks (tough pick that could go either way, but I'm giving home filed advant...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Redskins over Seahawks (tough pick that could go either way, but I'm giving home filed advantage with my pick here)

--hide--

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: Texans, Packers, Colts, Seahawks. Boo to Linda for picking Skins over the Seahawks! ;-)<...
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

--hide--
Now, Ed, I said that game could go either way. Care to make a friendly wager?? Loser has to post....I'm sorry, (insert winner's name) You were right, and I was wrong!! wink scratchchin laughing laughing

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Gerard,I like your point system for the various levels of play. That way, if we st...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Gerard,

I like your point system for the various levels of play. That way, if we start off slow, it gives everyone a chance to catch up. Also, you gave very explicit ground rules to submitting everyone's picks.

I will be brave and be the first to pick:

As always, home teams in bold:

Saturday, January 5, 2013 (afternoon and night)

Texans
over the Bengals (Although the Bengal defense is so much improved from when we played them last year, I'm am just too loyal)

Packers over the Vikings (I feel Aaron Rogers at home with his receiving core is going to be strong)

Ravens over the Colts

Redskins over the Seahawks

You might note I picked all the home teams to win.

I wish you all success in your choices. This is going to be fun. Thanks Gerard.

Happy New Year to all,

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

Thank you for the picks.Good luck.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

Texans over the Bengals (Leon...the Texans are "OVERDUE")

Packers over the Vikings (Aaron Rodgers will be more of a factor than Adrian Peterson. Sorry Gerard)

Ravens over the Colts (Sorry Nancy....I luv em' but Baltimore has lots of "D")

Seahawks over the Redskins (Seahawks have been on fire no matter where they've played and Washington has injuries)

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: We all have a clean slate, so let the games begin!!! SATURDAY JANUARY 5TH...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

We all have a clean slate, so let the games begin!!!

SATURDAY JANUARY 5TH

Bengals over Texans (sorry Leon, but your Texans have fallen apart. Hope I'm wrong though)

Packers over Vikings (home field advantage with my pick on this one)

SUNDAY JANUARY 6TH

Colts over Ravens (I think the Colts are so motivated and have that Superbowl ring in their sights)

Good luck to all my NFL buddies!!

--hide--

Linda,

Thank you for the input.Good luck.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: Texans, Packers, Colts, Seahawks. Boo to Linda for picking Skins over the Seahawks! ;-)<...
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

--hide--

Welcome to this topic,Ed.Hope to see you throughout the playoffs.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Texans over the Bengals (Leon...the Texans are "OVERDUE")...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Texans over the Bengals (Leon...the Texans are "OVERDUE")

Packers over the Vikings (Aaron Rodgers will be more of a factor than Adrian Peterson. Sorry Gerard)

Ravens over the Colts (Sorry Nancy....I luv em' but Baltimore has lots of "D")

Seahawks over the Redskins (Seahawks have been on fire no matter where they've played and Washington has injuries)

--hide--

Jerry,

Glad you are back with us,for the post season.

Posts 1 - 10 of 110