Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Yep. I have become pretty good at modifying clothing. It's rare that I buy something...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Yep. I have become pretty good at modifying clothing. It's rare that I buy something attractive and can wear it as is.

"But men, when you see a woman dressed modestly, please compliment her! :) We need all the encouragement we can get!"

Hear, hear!

--hide--

Yes, all you ladies have a great point and it's a great reminder to myself to encourage that behavior which I wish to see. It's like this, if a priest gives a homily supporting pro-life, do I then compliment him on it or do I figure, "it's about time"? One of many things I've learned in life is that I need to support and encourage people/policies/ideas that I want to see. I will make a much more conscious effort to compliment women who are dressed modestly.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Happy Birthday, Brian! 11. Theology on Tap: hard to get good turnout when the...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Happy Birthday, Brian!

11. Theology on Tap: hard to get good turnout when the tap belongs to a kitchen or bathroom sink.

--hide--

laughing I just went to my 2nd TOT last week and saw a CM guy. Oh man, that was a little weird. We had 2 chats recently, but I never heard back from him. Thankfully, he didn't seem to spot me out of the crowd. lol

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Far be it from me to give advice on attracting women (I have none). But my mom ...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Far be it from me to give advice on attracting women (I have none). But my mom always told me you attrtact more bees with honey and our faith tells us that charity is the highest form of expressing our faith and St. France said to preach the gospel and use words if you must. With that being said your post could come across as making a lot of judgements about these women without knowing a thing about any of them. While objectively you might be right (not saying you are or are not) subjectively they may be quite ignorant of the issues you have brought up. The average Mass going Catholic does not know their faith all that well and the people on CatholicMatch are at different places in their faith just like a parish.

If you want an unsolicited suggestion I would first pray for them and second maybe try befriending a few of them and really get to know them and you might at some point be able to sway them when they realize you have their best interest at heart and are not simply ranting about them on a message board. If they you don't feel like that is a good use of your time or you are called to that I would say simply pray.

--hide--
WOW! I couldn't have said it better myself! i agree with you 100%

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: been there done that, got told never to tell her how she looked or smell...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

been there done that, got told never to tell her how she looked or smells ever again. ( she wore a nice scent from,.. somewhere, and she smelled nice). ahhh yes,.. the life of the elephant man..

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing clap

Dec 31st 2012 new

Brian, maybe you could go to some high schools (and even college campuses) and do some motivational presentations on this subject? Kids are influenced with just the opposite messages at such a young age... Wear short, wear tight, wear revealing.....They probably don't know what the word "modesty" means. You make a really great point about how your clothes communicate a message. Perhaps some women don't even know what they are communicating.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-468220 said: i guess i just have to keep bloooooging
(Quote) Joe-468220 said:

i guess i just have to keep bloooooging

--hide--

Maybe try a help ticket? :/ That's unfortunate. I use Safari because I have Mac, but maybe try another browser?

Has anyone told you that you resemble Sean Payton, my team's coach (well, kinda suspended). GEAUX SAINTS! :)

Dec 31st 2012 new

Soooo, I think I have one photo of me with a drink, and it says I'm taste-testing at the Anheuser-Busch factory in St. Louis; is that too much for you to handle? :P I think most of my pics are of me stumbling through mountains and stuff tongue

And God forbid anybody ever see more than 50% of my legs. Yeeach eyepopping

Dec 31st 2012 new

So I just took a look through my pictures and realized I have three of me in a bar/pub, one holding a beer, one in a vineyard, two at a brewery, and two from New Year's Eve while out with a friend.

To which I can only say...God, please spare me the misfortune of ending up with a man who flies into a rage at the sight of a woman holding a drink or showing a tiny bit of skin. Life is too short.

I think Shakespeare said it best: "Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?"

Or perhaps Hilaire Belloc?

"Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s always laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!”

Oh, and you should NEVER assume that a Catholic girl at a bar is there to "meet guys." (By which I assume you mean one to go home with?) That is an apalling rash judgement to make about your sisters in Christ. I certainly would never make such a vulgar assumption about the Catholic men I know, many of whom enjoy an evening out at their local watering hole on a regular basis.

Dec 31st 2012 new

Yeah, I think putting up photos of you having fun is always okay, even if it's not the kind of fun a guy might like :) I LOVE wine tasting and going to vineyards. I LOVE good craft beers! That doesn't mean I drink them a lot (maybe one a month??) and I LOVE a good G&T with my conversation. I go to the bar a lot with friends, but it's usually because I'm DD and just want to dance with them :)

Showing off skin is sometimes subjective....If I wear a nice dress, it might look like I'm showing off a lot of skin, because I HAVE more skin than thinner girls; if a thin girl were to wear the same style dress, it would probably look modest on her :( And having DDD sweater kittens doesn't help trying to appear modest! I can wear a turtleneck and it'll still look showy :/

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Livia-407406 said:Or perhaps Hilaire Belloc?"Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,There’s always...
(Quote) Livia-407406 said:
Or perhaps Hilaire Belloc?

"Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There’s always laughter and good red wine.
At least I’ve always found it so.
Benedicamus Domino!"

--hide--

PS. I love Hilaire Belloc :)

Posts 31 - 40 of 196