Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Interesting subject, I pray each and everyone one of us can do something to make a change. I felt i ne...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Interesting subject, I pray each and everyone one of us can do something to make a change. I felt i need to share this speech with you, and what is said supports the view point of many posters here!!
COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!
Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:
"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death.

Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

- Darrell Scott

--hide--

Thank you Therese. That is a powerful speech by Darrell Scott. I'll be posting it in another forum.

Dec 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Psychologists do not have an objective definition of mental health, unlike the physical...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Psychologists do not have an objective definition of mental health, unlike the physical medical practice which can define objective criteria for conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, COPD, or diabetes. How a person "feels" and whether that is to be considered "normal" is very subjective and, as you correctly note, is conditional upon secular humanistic influences.

Even with that, a large amount of the "mental health infrastructure" requests sound even more fishy and self-serving when you consider that the main beneficiary, other than the government by having more people administratively stripped from full citizenship, is big Pharma.

The FDA, when petitioned by Dr. Irving Kirsch of the University of Connecticut under the Freedom of Information Act, released the full files on the six most widely perscribed antidepressants approved between 1987 & 1999. Of 47 trials conducted on the drugs (Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Effexor, Serzone, & Celexa), only 20 showed measurable advantages over placebos, which was much a much lower ratio than reported in published literature. It turns out also that the average patient improvement on the drugs was 10 on the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale versus 8 on placebos. While clinically meaningless, especially with side effects considered, it was enough to allow the drugs to be approved as effective by the FDA, where a drug only has to be shown to be 15% more effective than a placebo in two (2) clinical trials - no matter how many failed trials you have to get there.

Source: Michael Murray, M.D., "What the Drug Companies Won't Tell You and Your Doctor Doesn't Know", pp 156-157

www.amazon.com

--hide--

For sure Steven. Curtailing or eliminating the use of psychiatric medication would make a lot more difference in ending the mass murders than any gun control would. This video by the CCHR clearly shows big pharma’s role in the mass murders.

www.youtube.com

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a watchdog organization investigating and exposing psychiatric human rights violations. If you go to their website you'll see that they not only want to suppress or eliminate the use of psychiatric medication but it seems that they want to eliminate the psychiatric industry all together.

www.cchr.org

Dec 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Timothy-240636 said: The surest way for evil to succeed is for good men/women to do nothing to check its spread. The...
(Quote) Timothy-240636 said:

The surest way for evil to succeed is for good men/women to do nothing to check its spread. The devil's greatest triumph is to have convinced huge swaths of society that he does not exist. Newtown's tragedy is due to demonic influence. I was a public high school teacher for forty-two years. Listen and I'll tell you about our teens...they are angry, disappointed, fearful and disgusted. And those emotions are directed mainly at the adults in their lives. Why? It is because they so desperately want to have courageous and truthful adults to whom they can look up to. So many of these young people are children of divorce. They are the ones who were not aborted, whereas a large percentage of their age group was aborted. So many of their teachers are wimps who push all the trendy liberal garbage of the NEA down their throats..same sex "marriage," homosexuality, abortion, money-acquisition, etc. These young people thirst for truth, thirst for adults who have guts to speak truth. They want lions, not liars. So many of these kids are so confused. What are you all doing to change the status quo? Metal detectors...putting a band-aid on the huge, gaping wound. Get out there and have the fortitude to work with young people...proclaim Christ to them....inform yourselves about His Love...and spread the Word!

Tim

--hide--

Tim, you've really nailed the problem of the younger generations: it's not that they are bad children it's that we are bad adults. As adults we have become self-centred and put what we want above what is right. Meanwhile in any group like a marriage, family or even a Church we must not only compromise actually make sacrifices if we want to stick together. Unfortunately sacrifice is rarely practiced by anyone anymore.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Do you have any other information concerning the comments of the Connecticut Pol...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Do you have any other information concerning the comments of the Connecticut Police Spokesman, John?

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Well, I find it strange that he would say that 'he' or the Conneticut State Police are the sole authority for information. I agree with him on not believing everything you hear. Misinformation (to mislead) always has some truth to it. Most of our news (MSM) is misinformation.

I came across this website after the Aurora shooting wellaware1.com it is an interesting site and it takes time to comprehend its logic. But it is either misinformation or just carelessly inaccuarte. Some of the claims I cannot see while others sound probable.

What I have been hearing is that this was a Homeland Security Drill reported as an actual event. The motivation for this, if proven to be true would be for gun confiscation. I remember a time when police would have to provide a motive which we no longer see, just the shooter was a nut.

Why would anyone shoot children? it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) John-711000 said:

--hide--

> What I have been hearing is that this was a Homeland Security Drill reported as an actual event.

"this" being Aurora or CT? I'm not following the logic: if this were a drill, why would there have been funerals after the event?

> Why would anyone shoot children? it doesn't make a lot of sense.

If the irrational made sense, it wouldn't be irrational.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: > What I have been hearing is that this was a Homeland Security Drill reported as an actual ev...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

> What I have been hearing is that this was a Homeland Security Drill reported as an actual event.

"this" being Aurora or CT? I'm not following the logic: if this were a drill, why would there have been funerals after the event?

> Why would anyone shoot children? it doesn't make a lot of sense.

If the irrational made sense, it wouldn't be irrational.

--hide--

I heard both Aurora and CT but I haven't made up my mind yet. Some people are saying actors are being used as false witnesses (that I can believe in this age) the rest is supposedly some kind of trick film and photography.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I heard both Aurora and CT but I haven't made up my mind yet. Some people are saying ...

I heard both Aurora and CT but I haven't made up my mind yet. Some people are saying actors are being used as false witnesses (that I can believe in this age) the rest is supposedly some kind of trick film and photography.

--hide--

John
I believe both events happened. There is a line between distorted truth and an outright lie. Certainly our media lies to us. But I think it is impossible on that grand of a scale, that kind of lie would only equal to the ones who think the moon landings are faked and the Holocaust did not happen. We fall into this trap not that we don't want to believe the truth but because those who report the truth cannot be trusted. Yes it is dangerous when the media inflates "a man on the white horse" like Obama to "god like" status. But that is not the only danger.
I prayed outside an abortion clinic the Friday after Ct. we counted forty one go in to have abortions. So where was the media? Here were 41 children snuffed out. Nobody cared! This is squarely is the media fault. It is not so much what they report that we must filter and fact check but we need to go after the media on what they refuse to report.

The media like Pilate seems to say "truth, what is that?"

Pilate had truth right in front of him.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-41230 said: For sure Steven. Curtailing or eliminating the use of psychiatric medication would make a ...
(Quote) Mike-41230 said:

For sure Steven. Curtailing or eliminating the use of psychiatric medication would make a lot more difference in ending the mass murders than any gun control would. This video by the CCHR clearly shows big pharma’s role in the mass murders.

www.youtube.com

The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a watchdog organization investigating and exposing psychiatric human rights violations. If you go to their website you'll see that they not only want to suppress or eliminate the use of psychiatric medication but it seems that they want to eliminate the psychiatric industry all together.

www.cchr.org

--hide--

It's not that I don't agree that the Psychiatric profession isn't in desperate need of reform, but the CCHR is an organization owned by, and for many years exclusively funded by, the Church of Scientology. We don't need one dubious profession to be replaced with something more dubious.

Dec 31st 2012 new

[quote]Steven-706921 said:

CCHR is an organization owned by, and for exclusively funded by, the Church of Scientology.

Scientology or Co$
Oh great, I just hear the theremin playing in the background. we are borg

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: It's not that I don't agree that the Psychiatric profession isn't in desper...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

It's not that I don't agree that the Psychiatric profession isn't in desperate need of reform, but the CCHR is an organization owned by, and for many years exclusively funded by, the Church of Scientology. We don't need one dubious profession to be replaced with something more dubious.

--hide--

Right Steven, I see that the CCHR is funded by the Church of Scientology now and also see your point.

Posts 171 - 180 of 200