Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Virginia for New Year's

12/30/2012 new
Hi all! I'm in Northern Virginia visiting my brother, sister-in-law, and new twins this week. I am trying to find a fun Catholic New Year's Eve party! Not having any luck! Any Northern Virginians or DCers know of any fun Catholic get-togethers or clean fun parties (non-club scene but drinking and dancing are awesome) going on New Year's Eve?
12/30/2012 new
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi all! I'm in Northern Virginia visiting my brother, sister-in-law, and new twins this week. I am trying to f...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi all! I'm in Northern Virginia visiting my brother, sister-in-law, and new twins this week. I am trying to find a fun Catholic New Year's Eve party! Not having any luck! Any Northern Virginians or DCers know of any fun Catholic get-togethers or clean fun parties (non-club scene but drinking and dancing are awesome) going on New Year's Eve?
--hide--
Come on party people! Help a chica out! ;)
12/30/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Come on party people! Help a chica out! ;)
--hide--

Nancy,

If you want to make a 3 1/2 hour trip to New York City, let me know...

Will

12/30/2012 new
(Quote) William-607613 said: Nancy, If you want to make a 3 1/2 hour trip to New York City, let me know......
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Nancy,

If you want to make a 3 1/2 hour trip to New York City, let me know...

Will

--hide--
Lol!!! Would LOVE to!!!! NYC is magical! Sadly, it's not likely to happen this week!
12/30/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Lol!!! Would LOVE to!!!! NYC is magical! Sadly, it's not likely to happen this week!
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Lol!!! Would LOVE to!!!! NYC is magical! Sadly, it's not likely to happen this week!
--hide--

I'm not sure it's magical; it was freezing cold there tonight. But I do understand it has a certain appeal...

I'm sorry you won't make be making the trip, but I won't hold it against you. ;)

12/31/2012 new

Fredericksburg has a pretty fun "First Night" event in downtown. If you've never been, it's a a great historic downtown area they cordon off for the event. It costs $10 I think? I used to live there, love it :) And I thiiiiink it's family oriented....

If you are closer to DC, Alexandria has something similar, a "First Night" and I know that one is kid/family friendly. It is bigger than F-burg's, but it is also more $$: $20 per ticket.

Otherwise, I would suggest looking at popular restaurants if you just want to have a smaller atmosphere and a midnight toast sorta deal.

12/31/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-583970 said: Fredericksburg has a pretty fun "First Night" event in downtown. If you've never been, it's a ...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

Fredericksburg has a pretty fun "First Night" event in downtown. If you've never been, it's a a great historic downtown area they cordon off for the event. It costs $10 I think? I used to live there, love it :) And I thiiiiink it's family oriented....

If you are closer to DC, Alexandria has something similar, a "First Night" and I know that one is kid/family friendly. It is bigger than F-burg's, but it is also more $$: $20 per ticket.

Otherwise, I would suggest looking at popular restaurants if you just want to have a smaller atmosphere and a midnight toast sorta deal.

--hide--
Thank you, Mary! I'll look into both! *hugs*
12/31/2012 new

--hide--

Nancy,

Are you looking for a place to go to for several people? Because if there is a group of you, and there are guys in the group, I'm thinking...Road Trip.

Will

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Thank you, Mary! I'll look into both! *hugs*
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Thank you, Mary! I'll look into both! *hugs*
--hide--

If you're near Winchester, VA, they had Cracker Barrels on 2 consecutive I-81 Exits when I Programmed there in 2000 & 2002.

12/31/2012 new
(Quote) William-607613 said: Nancy, Are you looking for a place to go to for several people? Because if there is a...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Nancy,

Are you looking for a place to go to for several people? Because if there is a group of you, and there are guys in the group, I'm thinking...Road Trip.

Will

--hide--
Lol! A road trip would be fun... But I am visiting family and with my brother's newborn twins, I am the only one up for mingling! :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 14