Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

rolling eyes Alright, I'm just going to shove this thought on out there and see what ya'll have to say. Every so often, I get a wild hair and think, hey,there are folks in other denominations who are truly good Christians, someone of whom even live where I am moving to in July...

Attractive, hard working, really salt of the earth guys. I have met a few.

But, every last time, when the topic turns to religion, I find that I feel almost like they are speaking a different language. I wasn't thinking as I was talking to this one guy who is Baptist - great person - and said something like, "I think all denominations have something to bring to the table. The Baptist, for sure, got the basic memo.".....

I meant that in the nicest of ways. It was not meant to be snarky - I was saying that Baptists often have great kids' programs, and they do get the basic message of Christ across. But, the truth is, I feel like Catholics seem to have gotten the "bulk of the file". There is so much information missing in other denominations - Mary, for one, the Saints, what about the rosary, what about Perpetual Adoration... and,there was no simple prayer and poof I was "saved" like Puff the Magic Dragon....

So, I think to myself, maybe this one or that one, since finding ONE good Catholic guy anywhere near me seems to not be happening...Would anyone date non-Catholics, or is it like I am finding over and over- you just speak a different language? The other thing is, how would I ever be able to respect someone who I don't think is entirely qualified to take on a role of spiritual leadership? So, then I am stuck with an almost non-existent pool of Catholic guys, and that isn't good either. Then narrow that down to looking for a 7/7, and the dating pool got even smaller. Yarfles. That is my word for when I am frustrated. YARFLES!!!!!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: So, I think to myself, maybe this one or that one, since finding ONE good Catholic guy anywhere n...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

So, I think to myself, maybe this one or that one, since finding ONE good Catholic guy anywhere near me seems to not be happening...Would anyone date non-Catholics, or is it like I am finding over and over- you just speak a different language? The other thing is, how would I ever be able to respect someone who I don't think is entirely qualified to take on a role of spiritual leadership? So, then I am stuck with an almost non-existent pool of Catholic guys, and that isn't good either. Then narrow that down to looking for a 7/7, and the dating pool got even smaller. Yarfles. That is my word for when I am frustrated. YARFLES!!!!!

--hide--
Join the club! Lol!

Dec 31st 2012 new
Having non catholic friends is fine, but to date a non Catholic I think is a recipe for disaster in most cases. Yes i have heard how one converted the other over the years, but for every one of those there are dozens going the opposite way. My ex is a good example here. She began dating a baptist man. Never mind she was cheating on me with him before hand. She has announced that shes marrying him outside the Church and her basic reason is that its only opinion and not truth. She has left the faith. I nor anyone else can tell adults what to do, but besides life to begin with, the Catholic Faith is Gods greatest gift to you! Guard it like you would gold!!
Dec 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Alright, I'm just going to shove this thought on out there and see what ya'll have to say. Every so o...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

Alright, I'm just going to shove this thought on out there and see what ya'll have to say. Every so often, I get a wild hair and think, hey,there are folks in other denominations who are truly good Christians, someone of whom even live where I am moving to in July...

Attractive, hard working, really salt of the earth guys. I have met a few.

But, every last time, when the topic turns to religion, I find that I feel almost like they are speaking a different language. I wasn't thinking as I was talking to this one guy who is Baptist - great person - and said something like, "I think all denominations have something to bring to the table. The Baptist, for sure, got the basic memo.".....

I meant that in the nicest of ways. It was not meant to be snarky - I was saying that Baptists often have great kids' programs, and they do get the basic message of Christ across. But, the truth is, I feel like Catholics seem to have gotten the "bulk of the file". There is so much information missing in other denominations - Mary, for one, the Saints, what about the rosary, what about Perpetual Adoration... and,there was no simple prayer and poof I was "saved" like Puff the Magic Dragon....

--hide--
I was engaged to a Missouri Synod Lutheran several years ago. Never again. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life. Period. Don't know how I would feel about other denominations....I could be open..
Dec 31st 2012 new

Having just returned from visiting my Missouri Synod Lutheran family (and having to hear that the Lutheran Book of Concord teaches that Catholics are damned to hell) there is no way I would allow myself to date anyone who was not Catholic. Have I been tempted to want to date a non-denominational guy in the past? Absolutely! But, after hearing my poor mother scream at me that Catholics are not welcome in her house (meaning me and my daughter) it would be too dear of a price to pay for me to do. By the way, my mother also said she had a great Lutheran guy lined up for me to date - but since I was Catholic, there is no way HE would be interested in ME. How is that for a different perspective! Just my two cents worth ... Happy New Year! wave

Dec 31st 2012 new

Maybe it's just the Missionarian in me but maybe also you are being called to be a Missionarian to these non-Catholic guys that you seem to be attracted to. Have you consodered that?

Dec 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Lois-765906 said: Having just returned from visiting my Missouri Synod Lutheran family (and having to hear that the Lutheran Book ...
(Quote) Lois-765906 said:

Having just returned from visiting my Missouri Synod Lutheran family (and having to hear that the Lutheran Book of Concord teaches that Catholics are damned to hell) there is no way I would allow myself to date anyone who was not Catholic. Have I been tempted to want to date a non-denominational guy in the past? Absolutely! But, after hearing my poor mother scream at me that Catholics are not welcome in her house (meaning me and my daughter) it would be too dear of a price to pay for me to do. By the way, my mother also said she had a great Lutheran guy lined up for me to date - but since I was Catholic, there is no way HE would be interested in ME. How is that for a different perspective! Just my two cents worth ... Happy New Year!

--hide--
Ouch Lois.....so sorry that happened to you!
Dec 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Lois-765906 said: Having just returned from visiting my Missouri Synod Lutheran family (and having to hear that the Lutheran Book ...
(Quote) Lois-765906 said:

Having just returned from visiting my Missouri Synod Lutheran family (and having to hear that the Lutheran Book of Concord teaches that Catholics are damned to hell) there is no way I would allow myself to date anyone who was not Catholic. Have I been tempted to want to date a non-denominational guy in the past? Absolutely! But, after hearing my poor mother scream at me that Catholics are not welcome in her house (meaning me and my daughter) it would be too dear of a price to pay for me to do. By the way, my mother also said she had a great Lutheran guy lined up for me to date - but since I was Catholic, there is no way HE would be interested in ME. How is that for a different perspective! Just my two cents worth ... Happy New Year!

--hide--
Ouch Lois.....so sorry that happened to you!
Dec 31st 2012 new
Once again I did not mean to post twice!!!!!! Darned iPad.
Dec 31st 2012 new

I would if he shared my values and respected my religion.

Posts 1 - 10 of 35