Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

I was wondering since my ex petitioned and was granted an annullment, if I would also have to get one since the church has already designated the marriage to be annulled? Son't really know who to ask this of or if ayone knows out where to find the answers.

Mark

Dec 30th 2012 new

The annulment is for the marriage as a whole. However there may have been restrictions placed on one or both of you as conditions for the annulment. You will need to contact your local Tribunal for clarification.

Dec 31st 2012 new

Mark,

You are correct, if your ex-spouse received a decree of nullity, then neither of you are bound to each other. If you have not received a letter from the Tribunal confirming this, then you should contact the issuing tribunal as Tim suggested, but if you've already received the letter, any restrictions that apply to you personally would have been stated in that document.

Looks like you're on to a new chapter in your life. Count on my prayers and Happy New Year!

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-345998 said: I was wondering since my ex petitioned and was granted an annullment, if I would also have to get ...
(Quote) Mark-345998 said:

I was wondering since my ex petitioned and was granted an annullment, if I would also have to get one since the church has already designated the marriage to be annulled? Son't really know who to ask this of or if ayone knows out where to find the answers.

Mark

--hide--
You should have received a letter of notification from the Tribunal,and a chance to reply .If your ex does not know where you live,then there is no address given to the Tribunal.She has to make a reasonable search to give your whereabouts to the Tribunal.Justice is of utmost importance with the investigation .Did you receive a letter stating that the Marriage was declared Null? You should have gotten the first letter to have a chance to respond,and the second and third letter stating the results.You usually have time to contest the results also.Do you want the annulment? If not, contest it.If you want it, then you are okay.Sometimes if there is a problem (impediment) with either spouse,counseling of some sort will be required before being able to be remarried.It's not automatic that you are free to remarry with a declaration of nullity in some cases.Check that out as well.You cannot be certain that the Marriage has been declared null,until you receive your copy from the Tribunal.Your ex could just be saying it's true when it's not.Proof is needed,then there is certainty.Contact the Tribunal (in the Diocese where it was granted) Directly, if you have any questions,and request an official copy with an official seal on it.God Bless you. theheart

Posts 1 - 4 of 4