Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

a lonewolf by circumstance...

Dec 22nd 2012 new

Hello everyone,

Just wondering about something on my mind...

Have any of you here on CM met someone on the site, had some meaningful conversation with them and then said to yourself in a dismayed sigh "If only he/she lived closer!" I say this because it's happened to me and it sometimes give me grief that there aren't many practicing catholics around where I live. Just wondering...

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Hello everyone,Just wondering about something on my mind...Have any of yo...
(Quote) David-820720 said:

Hello everyone,

Have any of you here on CM met someone on the site, had some meaningful conversation with them and then said to yourself in a dismayed sigh "If only he/she lived closer!" I say this because it's happened to me and it sometimes give me grief that there aren't many practicing catholics around where I live. Just wondering...

--hide--

I actually haven't said that because I knew before talking to them that they didn't live close. It just is what it is, so I'm thinking more about, "How could this work?" rather than "If only he lived closer." Or even more so, I'm just enjoying the communication and giving it up to God. Just take it slow and see what happens. I have not gotten to a point where I felt strongly about immediately meeting someone very far away. If I was at a point where I felt like "this could be it!," I would just figure out how to make it happen!

Good luck to you, David, in your search near and far!

Dec 22nd 2012 new

Hi David,

I can relate to what you are asking. Try to put it in a different perspective. I was chatting with someone far away too. Feeling lonely also. I went to adoration and the idea came to me that God meets all our needs. He gives us people to help us through our days. Try to be grateful that you met someone nice to talk to and to help ease the loneliness. She may not have been a practical person to date, but the friendship can help you learn more about yourself and women in general. Have also read that we will find the right person in God's perfect timing. I read a lot of self help books that are very uplifting. Get yourself out there and try to do things that keep you optomistic. It may feel like there aren't many practicing Catholics in your area, but there must be. Just have to look a little and be patient. Keep the faith!

Dec 22nd 2012 new

Hello David,

You are not alone in this circumstance. I have met very many nice men, both near and far. I am with Marissa that we will all find that one person in God's own time, but I also know that when there's a will, there's a way. If you meet a special lady, somehow, someday, in some way, you *will* be together.

Until then, God bless you. rosary

Dec 25th 2012 new
(Quote) David-820720 said: Hello everyone,Just wondering about something on my mind...Have any of you here on CM m...

Hello everyone,

--hide--

Does it count after meeting them and realizing your on the other coast that maybe this may not work lol. i did that once :(. But yes unfortunately I met a couple great women but 3000 miles away and a $2000 dollar plane ticket yeaahhhhh that isn't really feasible.
Dec 31st 2012 new

Oh but there are...! They don't all belong to Catholic Match though. Look into the Catholic church(es) in your area and find out what single Catholics do for fun besides fill an empty pool with marshmallows and watch the California sun make the biggest rice crispy treat EVER wave

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Hello everyone,Just wondering about something on my mind...Have any of yo...

Hello everyone,

--hide--

David, you raise an excellent point. But isn't that perhaps why we joined CM? We weren't finding persons like us in our surrounding communities? I know of three different couples who met on Catholic dating sites and made the decision to accept the challenge of a long distance relationship. They are all now married, but it was because they made some serious choices for it - two of the couples bit the bullet and paid for airline tickets and had a short courtship. Another man was in the position to move closer to his woman of interest. These are of course risky moves, but I think if you are serious about finding a spouse, risk is necessary. The fact is, men and women of character AND share our Catholic Faith are not plentiful. You have to decide how serious you are in your search and what you are willing to risk. I pray that you have PEACE in whatever you decide!

Jan 14th 2013 new

Hello everyone,

--hide--

Err david, you are aware that Laconia and Concord have HUGE young adult groups, right? Manch-vegas has quite a few, too and gals outnumber guys 10 to 1.

Jan 14th 2013 new

I've not said that because distance doesn't matter to me. I've had it said to me by men though.

Jan 14th 2013 new

Hello everyone,

--hide--
I say it to myself all the time. Solid catholics are hard to find these days... Regardless, I believe it is in God's good time. All we can do is keep trying. theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 11