Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently departed husband. And tomorrow (Jan. 1) is my 50th birthday. Just wondering how other widows/widowers cope with the sadness and loneliness, while still holding on to hope for the future?

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently depa...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently departed husband. And tomorrow (Jan. 1) is my 50th birthday. Just wondering how other widows/widowers cope with the sadness and loneliness, while still holding on to hope for the future?

--hide--
Welcome to CM, Tracy. Sorry for your loss. I went through the same and there is no easy way through it, but to go through it. Try not to be alone. After 7 years, I no longer feel the overwhelming loss and sadness. Pray and stay close Jesus, Mary and Joseph. God bless you. theheart

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently depa...

--hide--
Welcome to CM Tracy! ((Hugs)) I had the same thing last year. My husband died at the end of Jan. 2011. I felt all alone in the world. I have two sons and being older teens they were not inclined to hang out with mom. So I made my own fun! I got on CM and we had a party in the chat room. It wasn't the same as having that physical person with me, but I didn't feel so alone either.

Please know that you are never alone. You have new friends here on CM and most of all God is always with us. May you have a Happy 50th Birthday! and look me up any time you need to talk to someone. Happy Birthday! wave hersheyskiss rose Mary

Dec 31st 2012 new

Sorry for your loss Tracy . . . I am also widowed and find the holidays through February which would be our anniversary are very challenging. I take the attitude that I might be alone; however, I am not necessarily lonely. We have gone through a great loss that many of our relatives and/or friends have not yet approached.

Take advantage of whatever supports you have, including therapy when needed. I have disciplined myself to feel the void in creative ways and you too must strive towards thoughs goals. RC

Dec 31st 2012 new

--hide--

Hello Tracy, sorry for you loss! Holidays can be lonely, especialy first ones. Tomorrow is my anniversary, it would have been 18 years. You are not alone tonight, comfort and companionship are only a short prayer away! biggrin

Dec 31st 2012 new

--hide--

Hi Tracy, so glad you have joined CM. First, let me tell you how sorry I am for your loss. All those firsts are so difficult. I lost my husband 6 years ago. Time really does heal though I feel sure there will always be some scars left. I found grief to be like a gaunlet. If I ever stopped, I would be eaten up by it. I was pretty angry when I had to continue working after my husband died. My father, who I never thought was a particularly wise person told me that working was the best thing for me. That staying at home and stewing in my grief would be destructive. And, he was right. By working I was able to have some relief from the grief and feel good about my accomplishments.

We have somehting else in common, Tracy. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday. He would have been 65.

I think you will find some very interesting topics on the fora. Sometime you have to have some pretty thick skin which is unfortunate, but most of the time it is a pleasant group. Also, check out the Women's room. We have some lively discussions in there. If you are up for politics the War Room is available...they call that the Culture and Current Events room I think. Can't remember exactly. I think that is my senior moment setting in.

When rereading your last question I thought of something that helped me early on. Each New Year's Eve I would plan one thing that I was going to do to help me deal with the grief. The first year was just to put one foot in front of the other which at times was quite a feat. I have forgotten how most of the years went, but I believe the second year was to find Joy in my life. The third year was to recreate my environment. The fourth to reach out to others. I really can't remember exactly, but I think you get the picture. This year I have decided to go back to the second year and seek out joy again.

Post often, Tracy and don't hesitate to send me a message if you want to discuss something without the whole CM world reading it. I think you will find some pretty nice people here. I have.

God bless,

- Elizabeth

Dec 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently departed husband....

--hide--

hug you have my prayers and condolences, while I have not lost a spouse to death, I lost my only son at the age of 22 a year ago May. I pray for God to provide consolation and hope to you tomorrow and always. welcome to CM and Happy Birthday tomorrow hug
Dec 31st 2012 new

--hide--
Hi Tracy,

First of all let me offer my sincere condolences on the passing of your husband. We all here (widows/widowers) understand the pain and challenges you're facing. Life is never the same as it once was, but we have to try and find a new/different way of adjusting to the changes. Hopefully, we here can help you deal with all the emotions/sadness. For I believe there is comfort to be had when sharing with others who have walked this same road.

As for your question....I myself am feeling very lonely and sad tonight in remembering my former life with Bob, so I decided to log onto CM and maybe seek some form of comfort from my fellow widow/widowers, and there you were......new to CM and seeking comfort from us. I can only tell you that there is no easy way around the grief/memories/loss. As Elizabeth stated, sometimes you just have to focus on putting one foot in front of the other. I promise you it will get easier. I know that's not much consolation to you tonight, but know that you will be in our prayers. hug Praying

Dec 31st 2012 new

hug

I am sorry for your loss dear Tracy.

You are not alone, the Lord walks with you on this journey biggrin

Take up a new hobby or pastime; Adobe Photoshop is a wonderful place to create loving and long lasting pieces of art from all the photos you have of your lives together.

By the way, I just came back to VA from visiting my loved ones back home in California for Christmas - the next day was my birthday that I spent getting my broken down car diagnosed only to find out the expense is not worth fixing and yes - I am at home alone with my pets, new PJ's and skype for New Years.

I had a few invites but not one of them are right nor do they compare to the me time that is this New Year. Its about time I did something I want to do for New Years! SOOOO...

I am going to gain 5 pounds eating chocolate, frozen yogurt and Pellegrino (I will wake up and go run anyways). Then I will play my favorite Christmas songs on my clarinet with family on skype until I hyperventilate. A suitable trade and grateful to be Blessed by the Grace of God theheart

I hope you do something fun for Tracy tonight; I am praying for you and for the loss of your sweetheart Praying If I could come to IN and bake you a cake, I would.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tanya-906422 said: I am sorry for your loss dear Tracy. You are not alone, the Lord walks with you o...
(Quote) Tanya-906422 said:

I am sorry for your loss dear Tracy.

You are not alone, the Lord walks with you on this journey

Take up a new hobby or pastime; Adobe Photoshop is a wonderful place to create loving and long lasting pieces of art from all the photos you have of your lives together.

By the way, I just came back to VA from visiting my loved ones back home in California for Christmas - the next day was my birthday that I spent getting my broken down car diagnosed only to find out the expense is not worth fixing and yes - I am at home alone with my pets, new PJ's and skype for New Years.

I had a few invites but not one of them are right nor do they compare to the me time that is this New Year. Its about time I did something I want to do for New Years! SOOOO...

I am going to gain 5 pounds eating chocolate, frozen yogurt and Pellegrino (I will wake up and go run anyways). Then I will play my favorite Christmas songs on my clarinet with family on skype until I hyperventilate. A suitable trade and grateful to be Blessed by the Grace of God

I hope you do something fun for Tracy tonight; I am praying for you and for the loss of your sweetheart If I could come to IN and bake you a cake, I would.

--hide--
Tanya,

I'm thinking a hobby or new pastime should be just the ticket for her. Yep!!! And throw in a cake and she's all set for the New Year. shocked rolling eyes

Posts 1 - 10 of 23