Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No, not talking 'bout the big party, with streamers and goofy hats and noisemakers, but rather missing out on welcoming the new year with someone very close to you, both in person and in spirit ... Someone with that hand-in-glove intimate kinship, one of both mind and body .... I don't want to buy into all the societal pressures of the traditional "have-to-do-it-this-way" NYE, but nonetheless you only get so many NYEs in your life, and it is a shame to spend too many of them alone ...There is an emptiness to that, I think ... And I know God understands, but for us humans, who do live in this human world at this moment, it is a tough time to be solo .... So, yes, if I can be honest, I find it a sad time tonite ...

Anyone else care to share?....

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No, not talking 'bout the big party, with streamers and goofy hats and noisemakers, but rather missing out on welcoming the new year with someone very close to you, both in person and in spirit ... Someone with that hand-in-glove intimate kinship, one of both mind and body .... I don't want to buy into all the societal pressures of the traditional "have-to-do-it-this-way" NYE, but nonetheless you only get so many NYEs in your life, and it is a shame to spend too many of them alone ...There is an emptiness to that, I think ... And I know God understands, but for us humans, who do live in this human world at this moment, it is a tough time to be solo .... So, yes, if I can be honest, I find it a sad time tonite ...

--hide--

Richard we can't help our feelings they just are and yes many people are said/depressed, etc. on New Year's Eve, myself included in past years but I have learned to take action when I get like this. I just came back from sitting before the Blessed Sacrament, realizing the greatest love of all is the love He gives us and askng Him to help me understand this and to see this in others. We are never alone, as God is always there.

Dec 31st 2012 new

Yes sad but reflecting. ABC just showed Neil Diamond singing Solitary Man from 1966...one of my favorites.

I remember attending NYE at a friend's in Cleveland 12/31/69. I had no date and was sitting on the right-end of a big couch. At 3:45am, a devout Catholic RN sat on the right-edge of the couch, and told me her date was taking her home, but she'd be back. She was 45 minutes later. The party ended at 6:10am and quite a bit of snow fell during the party.

She was a good woman, and dummy Bob didn't chase her. Maybe I'll get other chances w/ another good woman in 2013.

Also thinking of all the people, celebrities, Newton CT, and others we lost in 2012.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No...

--hide--

ONLY if you can find the top 10 REASONS For feeling sad on New Year's Eve wink

Really We need to lift each other up and encourage one another.. We have been given each day as a GIFT !!!! That is why it is called the PRESENT...
Receive that Gift and make the best of it.. Alone with Friends or just in the presence of God wherevever you are at..

Blessings to us that are alone... and may we feel God's presence and Love around us.. We are here at this specific time and place for a Reason..
GOD Bless AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!! heart rose wave Praying hug rosary theheart

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: ONLY if you can find the top 10 REASONS For feeling sad on New Year's Eve
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

ONLY if you can find the top 10 REASONS For feeling sad on New Year's Eve

Really We need to lift each other up and encourage one another.. We have been given each day as a GIFT !!!! That is why it is called the PRESENT...
Receive that Gift and make the best of it.. Alone with Friends or just in the presence of God wherevever you are at..

Blessings to us that are alone... and may we feel God's presence and Love around us.. We are here at this specific time and place for a Reason..
GOD Bless AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!

--hide--

I do think I can write a Top 10 list!!!!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: I do think I can write a Top 10 list!!!!

I do think I can write a Top 10 list!!!!

--hide--

Ok what's number one scratchchin

Dec 31st 2012 new

cookie For the third time tonight I want to bake some cookies for someone.

Life is too short not to live in the moment and be happy and grateful for all that you have, never think for a moment you are all alone in this one and you know what?!

You should go out anyway, live life and live it LARGE. You just might find another soul with no date to dance to James Taylor's How sweet it is..."I want to stop...and thank you baby..."

Since you are not right down the street for me to come drag you out of your funk then my prayer for you is that you have a most Blessed and Bright New Year!!!

www.sky.fm

Neil Diamond is on right now lovestruck!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Ok what's number one

Ok what's number one

--hide--

#1 is ....

"No one to show how good you look when wearing a lampshade on your head!"

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: ONLY if you can find the top 10 REASONS For feeling sad on New Year's Eve

ONLY if you can find the top 10 REASONS For feeling sad on New Year's Eve

GOD Bless AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!

--hide--

Extremely well said. clap

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Richard we can't help our feelings they just are and yes many people are said/depressed...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Richard we can't help our feelings they just are and yes many people are said/depressed, etc. on New Year's Eve, myself included in past years but I have learned to take action when I get like this. I just came back from sitting before the Blessed Sacrament, realizing the greatest love of all is the love He gives us and askng Him to help me understand this and to see this in others. We are never alone, as God is always there.

--hide--

Just back from 5pm Mass. He is indeed present in us and all around us. A Happy and Blessed New Year to everyone.

Posts 1 - 10 of 70