Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tanya-906422 said: For the third time tonight I want to bake some cookies for someone. Life is too short not ...
(Quote) Tanya-906422 said:

For the third time tonight I want to bake some cookies for someone.

Life is too short not to live in the moment and be happy and grateful for all that you have, never think for a moment you are all alone in this one and you know what?!

You should go out anyway, live life and live it LARGE. You just might find another soul with no date to dance to James Taylor's How sweet it is..."I want to stop...and thank you baby..."

Since you are not right down the street for me to come drag you out of your funk then my prayer for you is that you have a most Blessed and Bright New Year!!!

www.sky.fm

Neil Diamond is on right now

--hide--

You too, Tanya! Hope it is your best yr yet!!

Dec 31st 2012 new

Thank you Tanya. We need to be good human beings and remember the good things. NYE 1966 I was Officer-of-the-Day on my 311' Coast Guard Cutter in Staten Island. My GF at the time had Dinner w/ me in the Wardroom, then she went home while I finished my Watch.

NYE 1967 was in the Pacific on my CG Cutter returning from Vietnam. NYE 1968 was alone in my Cleveland Apt, and my Parents, both gone now, surprised me w/ a phone call. NYE 1970 was alone in my 3rd-floor Shaker Heights room, hoping I had a date.

All the years since have been infrequent parties, but remembering NYE 2004 w/ friends including an ex-CM local woman now age 50.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Yes sad but reflecting. ABC just showed Neil Diamond singing Solitary Man from 1966...one of my favo...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Yes sad but reflecting. ABC just showed Neil Diamond singing Solitary Man from 1966...one of my favorites.

I remember attending NYE at a friend's in Cleveland 12/31/69. I had no date and was sitting on the right-end of a big couch. At 3:45am, a devout Catholic RN sat on the right-edge of the couch, and told me her date was taking her home, but she'd be back. She was 45 minutes later. The party ended at 6:10am and quite a bit of snow fell during the party.

She was a good woman, and dummy Bob didn't chase her. Maybe I'll get other chances w/ another good woman in 2013.

Also thinking of all the people, celebrities, Newton CT, and others we lost in 2012.

--hide--
Hi bob Happy New Year wave

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said #1 is ...."No one to show how good you look when wearing a lampshade on your hea...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said

#1 is ....

"No one to show how good you look when wearing a lampshade on your head!"

--hide--

When I taught College, I always used comedy in my lessons, but never was clever enough to do what a Dartmouth Professor did on "60 Minutes" - he had his students wear paperbags during Class, forcing them to listen because they couldn't see anything.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: When I taught College, I always used comedy in my lessons, but never was clever enough to d...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

When I taught College, I always used comedy in my lessons, but never was clever enough to do what a Dartmouth Professor did on "60 Minutes" - he had his students wear paperbags during Class, forcing them to listen because they couldn't see anything.

--hide--

Or .. go to sleep! Ha! ha!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Theresa-911246 said: Hi bob Happy New Year
(Quote) Theresa-911246 said:

Hi bob Happy New Year

--hide--

Thank you Theresa - Happy 2013 Theresa.

Dec 31st 2012 new

I know how you feel, Richard. Every NYE, I ask God to let this be my last year single. But, when I look back, I realize there is a reason "he" didn't find me. 2012 was no exception. God is still doing work in me and likely in "him". So, rather than being sad, I try to think about what the upcoming year will hold and how God will bless me in it. 2013 is a year full of promise and hope whereas NYE is just one night, when people go out to forget their realities, if only for a few hours.

Besides, we're all here together, right? God bless us and bring us a year filled with joy.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: I know how you feel, Richard. Every NYE, I ask God to let this be my last year single. But, when ...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

I know how you feel, Richard. Every NYE, I ask God to let this be my last year single. But, when I look back, I realize there is a reason "he" didn't find me. 2012 was no exception. God is still doing work in me and likely in "him". So, rather than being sad, I try to think about what the upcoming year will hold and how God will bless me in it. 2013 is a year full of promise and hope whereas NYE is just one night, when people go out to forget their realities, if only for a few hours.

Besides, we're all here together, right? God bless us and bring us a year filled with joy.

--hide--

Yes, Susie, hoping 2013 is a great yr for us all ... Just wish it was a little more exciting getting it started! - LOL!

Dec 31st 2012 new

I feel your pain. Oh, I don't mind sitting home alone because I know that I am never truly in isolation but I had several invites from friends to join them at parties. Going out alone on this one day of the year would really be depressing - especially at midnight when all you can do is sit and watch. So I will stay home, safe and warm in a comfy enviroment that I am ever so grateful for. I will say a prayer of thanksgiving for the up coming new year and pray that 2013 is the year Our Lord see's fit to send me His prince.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: I feel your pain. Oh, I don't mind sitting home alone because I know that I am never truly in...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

I feel your pain. Oh, I don't mind sitting home alone because I know that I am never truly in isolation but I had several invites from friends to join them at parties. Going out alone on this one day of the year would really be depressing - especially at midnight when all you can do is sit and watch. So I will stay home, safe and warm in a comfy enviroment that I am ever so grateful for. I will say a prayer of thanksgiving for the up coming new year and pray that 2013 is the year Our Lord see's fit to send me His prince.

--hide--

Yeah, I guess that's my point ... that for one yr at least, it would be nice to have a very good NYE ...

Posts 11 - 20 of 70