Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Or .. go to sleep! Ha! ha!
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Or .. go to sleep! Ha! ha!

--hide--

They couldn't because Professor Bob would call on them frequently.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: #1 is ...."No one to show how good you look when wearing a lampshade on you...

#1 is ....

"No one to show how good you look when wearing a lampshade on your head!"

--hide--

Are you wearing a lampshade as you type on this forum? Take a picture and post it... laughing

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: Are you wearing a lampshade as you type on this forum? Take a picture and post i...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

Are you wearing a lampshade as you type on this forum? Take a picture and post it...

--hide--

Ha! No chance ... Maybe in 2113!!!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: I know how you feel, Richard. Every NYE, I ask God to let this be my last year single. But, when ...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

I know how you feel, Richard. Every NYE, I ask God to let this be my last year single. But, when I look back, I realize there is a reason "he" didn't find me. 2012 was no exception. God is still doing work in me and likely in "him". So, rather than being sad, I try to think about what the upcoming year will hold and how God will bless me in it. 2013 is a year full of promise and hope whereas NYE is just one night, when people go out to forget their realities, if only for a few hours.

Besides, we're all here together, right? God bless us and bring us a year filled with joy.

--hide--

I totally understand Richard's thoughts and feelings. I feel them too. I really appreciate Susie's comments and Kathleen's(550311) comments, too! They help me look at tonight, and being alone right now, in a different more positive light. Thanks ladies! Saying a prayer for all of us...

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No...

Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No, not talking 'bout the big party, with streamers and goofy hats and noisemakers, but rather missing out on welcoming the new year with someone very close to you, both in person and in spirit ... Someone with that hand-in-glove intimate kinship, one of both mind and body .... I don't want to buy into all the societal pressures of the traditional "have-to-do-it-this-way" NYE, but nonetheless you only get so many NYEs in your life, and it is a shame to spend too many of them alone ...There is an emptiness to that, I think ... And I know God understands, but for us humans, who do live in this human world at this moment, it is a tough time to be solo .... So, yes, if I can be honest, I find it a sad time tonite ...

Anyone else care to share?....

--hide--
Richard I know how you feel, just the other night I had a bout of melancholy. For alot of people the end of the year signifies the exploration date of an unrealized goal or dream. This is certainly unsettling, especially at a time when everyone around you is celebrating. New years is a time for celebration of a new beginning for you. Yes,it wouldv'e been nice to bask in a celebration with that special someone, but your not alone. Last year I was so tired I went to bed early and slept right through it.Try to start the new year well rested and with a smile. Happy 2013!!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Ha! No chance ... Maybe in 2113!!!

Ha! No chance ... Maybe in 2113!!!

--hide--

Richard, do you know where Wilkes-Barre is?

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: Richard, do you know where Wilkes-Barre is?
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

Richard, do you know where Wilkes-Barre is?

--hide--

Yes, yrs ago I went to WB for work training ...

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Yes, yrs ago I went to WB for work training ...

Yes, yrs ago I went to WB for work training ...

--hide--

I was born there and lived there my first 42 years. Beautiful mountains and country side. Phily always scared me. LOL

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: I was born there and lived there my first 42 years. Beautiful mountains and country side....
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

I was born there and lived there my first 42 years. Beautiful mountains and country side. Phily always scared me. LOL

--hide--

Very nice little town .. Loved their old-fashioned city square ... Gotta watch for the floods, though! - LOL!

Dec 31st 2012 new

I hear you!!! That describes me, too! There's a song on Harry Connick, Jr.'s "Harry for the Holidays" CD called Nothin' New for New Year that I love to listen to each year. I think it sums up the feeling nicely. The lyrics and music are at www.youtube.com

I raise a glass to my guy, wherever he is ... whoever he is!
God Bless Us! Every One!! Happy New Year

wave

Posts 21 - 30 of 70