Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Dec 31st 2012 new

I am so sorry for your loss Tracy. I too lost my husband of 41 years earlier this year. The holidays have been a little lonely but thanks to my church family and being in the choir and being a cantor I have been kept very busy during the holidays. I pray that during the new year you can find something to keep you busy and that you enjoy. You and all other's who have lost someone dear are in my prayers.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-905154 said: I am so sorry for your loss Tracy. I too lost my husband of 41 years earlier this year. The holida...
(Quote) Judy-905154 said:

I am so sorry for your loss Tracy. I too lost my husband of 41 years earlier this year. The holidays have been a little lonely but thanks to my church family and being in the choir and being a cantor I have been kept very busy during the holidays. I pray that during the new year you can find something to keep you busy and that you enjoy. You and all other's who have lost someone dear are in my prayers.

--hide--

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Judy. I lost my husband 6 years ago and those firsts are so absolutely difficult to deal with. I am so glad you have joined CM. I think, for the most part, you'll find us a kind and understanding group. I have found some wonderful friends here. Keep posting and look around the rest of CM. The Women's room can be interesting. I you find you have questions you don't want to post in public, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to see if I can help.

God bless,

Elizabeth

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-905154 said: I am so sorry for your loss Tracy. I too lost my husband of 41 years earlier this year. The holida...
(Quote) Judy-905154 said:

--hide--
Judy, I'm sorry for your loss as well. You will be in my prayers. hug Praying

I echo what Elizabeth posted. I will be happy to help in any way that I can.

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently depa...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently departed husband. And tomorrow (Jan. 1) is my 50th birthday. Just wondering how other widows/widowers cope with the sadness and loneliness, while still holding on to hope for the future?

--hide--

Praying rosary hug theheart YOu have come to a very supportive community. Peak around and feel free to post in the prayer thread too.. So many good Catholics here and we all make up the body of Christ .. Praying and encouraging one another. Blessings to you as you in the New Year.. May God comfort and heal your loss and may you find others to shower you with His Love and Kindness. Praying Kathleen

Dec 31st 2012 new

So sorry for your loss Tracy. It will be 5 years for me in January. I think you have gotten some great advice. Try not to be alone-surround yourself with great people. I have found that keeping myself very busy helps with the grief-although it still comes around at major Holidays.

I have a whole house full of kids-my boys are having a party. I am so exhausted from going in to work early I wonder if I am going to make it to midnight. I think it will feel good to go outside and scream Happy New Year.

Thinking of all the widows and widowers here tonight-even if I do not meet anyone on CM as far as dating-I am already glad that I have joined because I have met some very nice people in this forum.

Take care and Happy Birthday!!

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: So sorry for your loss Tracy. It will be 5 years for me in January. I think you have gotten som...
(Quote) Theresa-637436 said:

So sorry for your loss Tracy. It will be 5 years for me in January. I think you have gotten some great advice. Try not to be alone-surround yourself with great people. I have found that keeping myself very busy helps with the grief-although it still comes around at major Holidays.

I have a whole house full of kids-my boys are having a party. I am so exhausted from going in to work early I wonder if I am going to make it to midnight. I think it will feel good to go outside and scream Happy New Year.

Thinking of all the widows and widowers here tonight-even if I do not meet anyone on CM as far as dating-I am already glad that I have joined because I have met some very nice people in this forum.

Take care and Happy Birthday!!

--hide--

So glad to hear the party is going well, Theresa. You are so right about the great support system among the widows and widowers. If for no other reason having you guys to talk with who really understand what it is like to be left behind has been a great blessing. Hope you get some sleep tonight. wide eyed wave

- Elizabeth

Dec 31st 2012 new

Many thanks to all who responded to my post and welcoming me to this site. I'm glad I decided to join. I agree that staying busy is essential. If I didn't have my Garden Center that we ran together for 20 years to go to every day, our four adult children, our fourteen year old daughter Renee, our seven grandchildren, our large extended family and friends who all miss Paul terribly, and of course, our precious faith, I probably would have gone insane by now! Paul's battle and death from cancer has truly been the heaviest cross and most painful trial I've ever been through. My faith has been bruised, but not destroyed, thank God. My son took me out to eat tonight for my birthday and the girls are fixing me dinner tomorrow amd my sister-in-law brought me the most delicious homemade coconut cream pie I've ever tasted. Please pray for me and mine and I pray the good Lord and His Holy Mother Mary, whose Feast Day we celebrate tomorrow, will bless you and your families abundantly in 2013.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Many thanks to all who responded to my post and welcoming me to this site. I'm glad I decided...

Many thanks to all who responded to my post and welcoming me to this site. I'm glad I decided to join. I agree that staying busy is essential. If I didn't have my Garden Center that we ran together for 20 years to go to every day, our four adult children, our fourteen year old daughter Renee, our seven grandchildren, our large extended family and friends who all miss Paul terribly, and of course, our precious faith, I probably would have gone insane by now! Paul's battle and death from cancer has truly been the heaviest cross and most painful trial I've ever been through. My faith has been bruised, but not destroyed, thank God. My son took me out to eat tonight for my birthday and the girls are fixing me dinner tomorrow amd my sister-in-law brought me the most delicious homemade coconut cream pie I've ever tasted. Please pray for me and mine and I pray the good Lord and His Holy Mother Mary, whose Feast Day we celebrate tomorrow, will bless you and your families abundantly in 2013.

--hide--

Thank you, Tracy for your prayers. We will wish a Happy New Year's for all of us and pray that God grants us His peace.

- Elizabeth

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently depa...

I just joined catholicmatch.com. Tonight is the first New Year's Eve without my recently departed husband. And tomorrow (Jan. 1) is my 50th birthday. Just wondering how other widows/widowers cope with the sadness and loneliness, while still holding on to hope for the future?

--hide--
Happy Birthday! wave

So sorry about your loss.The first year was a bit difficult.Lots of prayers including Adoration helped.The Lord is our comforter,healer and helper. theheart My boys were young so they kept me very busy.Getting involved in Church activities,developing a hobby,learning a new skill or improving on an old one helped to look forward to other things and expand the circle of friends.

Jan 1st 2013 new

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my first two sons to crib death. The pain does get better, with time.

Posts 11 - 20 of 23