Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Karen-716513 said: I hear you!!! That describes me, too! There's a song on Harry Connick, Jr.'s "Harry ...
(Quote) Karen-716513 said:

I hear you!!! That describes me, too! There's a song on Harry Connick, Jr.'s "Harry for the Holidays" CD called Nothin' New for New Year that I love to listen to each year. I think it sums up the feeling nicely. The lyrics and music are at www.youtube.com

I raise a glass to my guy, wherever he is ... whoever he is!
God Bless Us! Every One!! Happy New Year

--hide--

Nice music recommendation, Karen! ... It hits home all to much, though! ...

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Very nice little town .. Loved their old-fashioned city square ... Gotta watch for the f...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Very nice little town .. Loved their old-fashioned city square ... Gotta watch for the floods, though! - LOL!

--hide--

Yes, I have lived thru a few. Agnes in 72 Eloise in 85 and a few other minor ones. Now I deal with Hurricaines, but I guess every area has their own drawbacks. Glad I don't have to shovel sunshine.

12/31/2012 new

Richard,

I have had only 1 good NYE in my life. He was the very first man I truly had feelings for, I mean completely in love. I have had some NYEs with a date but most without. I feel sad sometimes on any special occasion. And yes, a little tonight. But I think we can find happiness in some other areas of our lives.

For instance, I just bought this house. Tomorrow will be 2 months I have lived here. And even though I have had some issues with the plumbing and the oven stove/oven not working, I am still happy.I have prayed so many novenas to find this house. Sure I would love to have someone to share this home with me, but until that day, I will probably spend most of the NYEs I have left alone.

Again so much to be happy about. Happy New Year's Eve Richard! wave wave wave

12/31/2012 new

heart It could be worse. You could be with someone you are not meant to be with on NYE.

I can't say I am particularly happy to be alone on NYE, but, I am content. Yes, having someone as you described would be wonderful. I do rather envy those who have that.

But, for now, I just count myself lucky to have what I do have, which is a loving home, two fantastic kids, and, of course, there is Missy the cat, too.

Tomorrow is a new day, ad you will feel better. The pain of the loneliness is just more acute sometimes, but always ebbs and flows...Tomorrow it will be better. theheart

12/31/2012 new

Thank you so much for your service to our country Bob hug theheart

Before I moved to Virginia, I lived in a small beach town next to Camp Pendleton. I used to go over there at different times throughout the year, but always went over to the commissary white board to take down dozens of numbers of people away from home during the holidays and call them.

We would get together for food, games, talking, sharing and lots and lots of laughter. It was good times for me, good times for my son, good times for these brave men and in a way and even though he wouldn't admit it - I think it was good for my ex-fiance also.

Some New Years we had a costume party, some New Years we had just a few people and some good food and games.

My point is that it is all wonderful. Whether it is you alone or one, two or more. Sure I would love to have a man who loves me at my side tonight to kiss and toast the New Year in; but hey, I don't...so why should that keep me from celebrating? I am defined not by circumstance but by how I live my life and that I Love who I am. I believe that I am exactly where God wants me right now, and I trust in him theheart

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: Richard,I have had only 1 good NYE in my life. He was the very first man I truly had fe...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

Richard,

I have had only 1 good NYE in my life. He was the very first man I truly had feelings for, I mean completely in love. I have had some NYEs with a date but most without. I feel sad sometimes on any special occasion. And yes, a little tonight. But I think we can find happiness in some other areas of our lives.

For instance, I just bought this house. Tomorrow will be 2 months I have lived here. And even though I have had some issues with the plumbing and the oven stove/oven not working, I am still happy.I have prayed so many novenas to find this house. Sure I would love to have someone to share this home with me, but until that day, I will probably spend most of the NYEs I have left alone.

Again so much to be happy about. Happy New Year's Eve Richard!

--hide--

Good luck to you with the house, Carolyn ... Guess that is like spending NYE with someone new and someone who hopefully you will grow to love and it will love you back(smile) ... But yes, it is better to be alone on NYE than to be with the wrong person, someone who doesn't "get" you .. I was imagining that ideal situation, where you are with your true person, your "soulmate"(if that's not too cliched for me to say) .... That would indeed be a great NYE indeed, don't you think? ,,, Happy '13!!!

12/31/2012 new

Hi Richard,

Yes, sadness is most certainly allowed on New Year’s Eve, but only for a short
time. It is permissible to give oneself a brief period of time for a small
"pity party." Here you can think such things like... "Wow it's
NYE and I'm alone." -Alone in the sense that there is a longing for true
intimacy, not a crowded room, or the smiling faces and jokes of acquaintances,
but the love, concern, warmth and companionship that true intimacy
brings.

If you are like me, it is not that I mind being alone most of the time. There is a comfortable
familiarity to this New Year’s Eve aloneness, but I agree, enough already! I knew, of course,
that it would poke its' ugly head into the evening, but New Year's Eve is just another night. It is
frightening to admit that I'm getting to be a professional at dealing with being
alone on nights like this. And that feeling never seems to go away, does it? It likes to show up around
valentine's day and even the 4th of July. Sometimes it is just a perception that everyone else is happy
and together, and of course we know better, right?

So prepare and then just feel bad. Acknowledge the feeling. It's okay to feel bad. It's
part of our human design. But don't let the feelings theheart simmer and fester. Feel it and be done, being grateful for intimacy
with Christ the Lord, and trusting in His perfect plan. If necessary, acknowledge that loneliness for that personal relationship with
another is true suffering, and that you are not alone in that suffering.

We have taken a step forward, just by being on this site.

Here's wishing everyone a blessed 2013. Let’s be grateful and look forward to what
God has planned. Our world could change forever in a second and every moment is a precious gift. We are alive!

wave
Happy New Year!

Laurie

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Laurie-337098 said: Hi Richard, Yes, sadness is most certainly allowed on New Year’s Eve, but only for ...
(Quote) Laurie-337098 said:

Hi Richard,

Yes, sadness is most certainly allowed on New Year’s Eve, but only for a short
time. It is permissible to give oneself a brief period of time for a small
"pity party." Here you can think such things like... "Wow it's
NYE and I'm alone." -Alone in the sense that there is a longing for true
intimacy, not a crowded room, or the smiling faces and jokes of acquaintances,
but the love, concern, warmth and companionship that true intimacy
brings.

If you are like me, it is not that I mind being alone most of the time. There is a comfortable
familiarity to this New Year’s Eve aloneness, but I agree, enough already! I knew, of course,
that it would poke its' ugly head into the evening, but New Year's Eve is just another night. It is
frightening to admit that I'm getting to be a professional at dealing with being
alone on nights like this. And that feeling never seems to go away, does it? It likes to show up around
valentine's day and even the 4th of July. Sometimes it is just a perception that everyone else is happy
and together, and of course we know better, right?

So prepare and then just feel bad. Acknowledge the feeling. It's okay to feel bad. It's
part of our human design. But don't let the feelings simmer and fester. Feel it and be done, being grateful for intimacy
with Christ the Lord, and trusting in His perfect plan. If necessary, acknowledge that loneliness for that personal relationship with
another is true suffering, and that you are not alone in that suffering.

We have taken a step forward, just by being on this site.

Here's wishing everyone a blessed 2013. Let’s be grateful and look forward to what
God has planned. Our world could change forever in a second and every moment is a precious gift. We are alive!

Happy New Year!

Laurie

--hide--

Laurie, you have stated it exactly!!! ....

12/31/2012 new

Thank you Tanya. My 2 parakeets have enjoyed singing along w/ ABCs Rockin' Eve.

Could have attended 2 parties tonite, but like to stay off the road, plus we should be getting some mean weather after midnite.

12/31/2012 new

Yes, I would much rather be alone, as I am now, and happy. Someday.....

HAPPY NEW YEARS RICHARD! wave hug

Posts 31 - 40 of 70