Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 1st 2013 new

I'm so thankful and grateful for my new job -- began a couple weeks ago!

clap santahat

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: I'm so thankful and grateful for my new job -- began a couple weeks ago! <...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

I'm so thankful and grateful for my new job -- began a couple weeks ago!

--hide--

CONGRATULATIONS

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: Well said Meg!
(Quote) John-746882 said: Well said Meg!
--hide--

Ditto
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: As Christmas is upon us and the year closes to an end, I am looking back on this year in appreciat...
(Quote) John-746882 said:

As Christmas is upon us and the year closes to an end, I am looking back on this year in appreciation of the many gifts I've been given. My late Mom kept gratitude lists, jotted down on small pieces of note paper, for all the things that happened to her and her loved ones (particularly her children) in any given year. This gratitude was the greatest secret to my Mom's saintly joy, in the midst of struggles.

This is my 500th post, and only the 2nd new topic I've ever started. I'm looking at this as a milestone, and I believe as my subscription expires in January, I will no longer have a need to be on Catholic Match, which has been a Godsend for me personally.

This is my very abbreviated gratitude list; these are particularly related to CM. I invite you to post your own gratitude lists here as well.

LD friends made here on CM, many in the fora

Sharing a story in the sports forum about my Dad's cousin, and his love of--of all things--the Red Sox

The laughter in the fora. (Sometimes laughing at my own jokes even if no one else does!)

The Our Lady of America threads which are changing my life for the better

The prayer threads. So many people getting support through these.

Hangin' with my bros in the guys forum.

Learning not to get too caught up in conflict, even when I disagree strongly. (See prayer threads, still gotta work on this)

Trivia, even though I've never cracked the top 10. I'm usually in the middle of the pack.

And last, but really first:

The wonderful gift of a Catholic relationship

These top the gratitude list for me. Please add your own, whether CM related or otherwise. Have a Merry Christmas! God bless.

John

--hide--

I will miss your wonderful comments, John and of course it is up to you, but I hope you decide to renew with CM. You will be missed. Meg

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Thank you John! And thank you for this beautiful thread to end the new year with and bring in t...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

Thank you John! And thank you for this beautiful thread to end the new year with and bring in the New year with. God bless you!

--hide--

Thank you, John. I am grateful to see the world now with new eyes and in a new way. It is truly a blessing.

Jan 1st 2013 new
Happy New Year Therese! May 2013 be filled with great things for you!
Jan 1st 2013 new
Congratulations MaryAlice!!! Happy New Year! Thanks for adding your voice of gratitude!
Jan 1st 2013 new
Hi Meg, Thank you so much for your kind remarks. My girlfriend said to me the other day, "You're going to miss this," after I showed her all the great interaction I had with so many good people in this thread in particular. She's right. I am sure I will. But there's a season for everything as I paraphrase the old song by The Byrds, which quotes Ecclesiastes. There are so many good and kind voices in here. I'm just going to enjoy the next few weeks. God bless and Happy New Year Meg!
Jan 1st 2013 new

This is one of the nicest threads I've seen on CM in awhile. This past year, in particular, I noticed how much I had been seeing only things that needed to be "fixed" or that weren't good enough, and I also noticed how this has robbed me of my joy, so I started being more grateful, and it really does make a difference.

I am grateful for past experiences that have been difficult, in dating, at work, and otherwise, and often through my own fault. Without them I would not have learned some badly needed lessons.

I am grateful for my job, even on the tough days, for many would be grateful for any type of work and I do get a lot of joy from it even in the difficult times.

I am grateful that I am healthy and active. I have vowed to make 2013 a year of better health choices, but even without any changes I have my family, my friends, my mobility...because I work with adults with severe and profound developmental disabilities I have seen what it's like to be dependent on others for personal cares. And because I also work with developmentally disabled adults who have more abilities, including the ability to hold a job, I have seen what it's like to be without friends and without transportation. I have so much....

I am grateful for my family, with all our varied and colorful choices. Sometimes they would not necessarily be choices I would make, but I'm grateful that through it all we are family, we love one another, and we are there for one another.

I am grateful for the beauty I see around me. Sometimes I think about all the things that God created for us to enjoy. Then I think about all the beauty that He created that will never even be discovered...it was just made for the joy of creating. And we are made in His image, meant to both enjoy and create beauty, whether anyone else ever notices or not.

I am grateful for my faith. It is the light and the compass in my days, and when I pay attention, it is that which will bring me safely home.

I am grateful for the opportunities present in my life. Often I find myself wondering which path to take, whether I should take more classes, hope that a different opportunity opens up in my present company (I have reached my salary cap), or seek a different line of work. Sometimes I am frustrated, but there is blessing in this, because I have choices that so many people in other countries do not have.

Jan 1st 2013 new
I am grateful for my friends and family.

I am grateful for a nice job and for a nice place to live.

I am grateful for being able to travel and meet new people.

I am grateful that I have been blessed and can share my blessings with others....
Posts 51 - 60 of 172