Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Tanya-906422 said: Thank you so much for your service to our country Bob Before I moved to Virginia, I lived ...
(Quote) Tanya-906422 said:

Thank you so much for your service to our country Bob

Before I moved to Virginia, I lived in a small beach town next to Camp Pendleton. I used to go over there at different times throughout the year, but always went over to the commissary white board to take down dozens of numbers of people away from home during the holidays and call them.

We would get together for food, games, talking, sharing and lots and lots of laughter. It was good times for me, good times for my son, good times for these brave men and in a way and even though he wouldn't admit it - I think it was good for my ex-fiance also.

Some New Years we had a costume party, some New Years we had just a few people and some good food and games.

My point is that it is all wonderful. Whether it is you alone or one, two or more. Sure I would love to have a man who loves me at my side tonight to kiss and toast the New Year in; but hey, I don't...so why should that keep me from celebrating? I am defined not by circumstance but by how I live my life and that I Love who I am. I believe that I am exactly where God wants me right now, and I trust in him

--hide--

San Clemente?! (Gosh, I loved living there!!) I never thought about going to the base to ask if anyone was alone for the holidays. How kind and generous of you! And you bake, too! You're a great catch, Tanya. wink Hang in there! Chelle

Dec 31st 2012 new

Happy New Year to all biggrin

I spent the new year "alone" in the company of friends. Celebrating the year that was and seeing in 2013. It was great fun and very enjoyable all round. Whilst I feel sad to be alone, I will no allow that fact to prevent me enjoying my life as it is. I am blessed to have a wonderful circle of friends and a great family to celebrate life. Yes I yearn to have completeness of mind, body and spirit with that special person - but at God's will. For the moment I live my life thankful for the blessings I do have.

May 2013 bring blessings and love to us all Praying theheart

Dec 31st 2012 new

We had so much fun, every year - Thanksgiving was always fso fun also, we play apples to apples, have a car bomb and pass each others cell phones around and call each others families wherever they are and give them Thanks for bringing this person into the world to have these moments with biggrin

I can't tell you how many Thanksgivings, Christmas and New Years I spent without a honey of my own, but with others loved ones and never once felt any sadness whatsoever. Most of them were filled with love and tears of joy theheart

I just came back from visiting home so I will post some pix as soon as I sort and upload them! Dearest Chelle, I hope you find your Love soon and maybe he'll want to move back to San Clemente someday Praying It has grown a bit but just as beautiful as you remember :)

Jan 1st 2013 new

It's 2013 here on the East Coast, so HNY to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No, not talking ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No, not talking 'bout the big party, with streamers and goofy hats and noisemakers, but rather missing out on welcoming the new year with someone very close to you, both in person and in spirit ... Someone with that hand-in-glove intimate kinship, one of both mind and body .... I don't want to buy into all the societal pressures of the traditional "have-to-do-it-this-way" NYE, but nonetheless you only get so many NYEs in your life, and it is a shame to spend too many of them alone ...There is an emptiness to that, I think ... And I know God understands, but for us humans, who do live in this human world at this moment, it is a tough time to be solo .... So, yes, if I can be honest, I find it a sad time tonite ...

Anyone else care to share?....

--hide--

Sad for a short time Richard! Enjoy your alone time maybe next year you will be with someone filling your life and you will be missing some ME time so enjoy it now wink

As for me i fought the negative thoughts and i am going to enjoy this time with my son 14 year old. Life goes by fast, one day he will be with his friends or date and won't be around hug

I set the table cheese and wine and coke smile some smoked salmon and some caviar and about to watch a movie with my son waiting the Ball Drop biggrin

HAPPY NEW YEAR CM FAMILY theheart
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Sad for a short time Richard! Enjoy your alone time maybe next year you will be with someone f...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Sad for a short time Richard! Enjoy your alone time maybe next year you will be with someone filling your life and you will be missing some ME time so enjoy it now

As for me i fought the negative thoughts and i am going to enjoy this time with my son 14 year old. Life goes by fast, one day he will be with his friends or date and won't be around

I set the table cheese and wine and coke some smoked salmon and some caviar and about to watch a movie with my son waiting the Ball Drop

HAPPY NEW YEAR CM FAMILY
--hide--

Thanks Therese ...

If I had a great 14 yr old boy like yours,I would definitely be happy! Family is where it's at!

Happy '13!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Laurie, you have stated it exactly!!! ....

Laurie, you have stated it exactly!!! ....

--hide--
Thanks Richard.... so hey, we all did it! A few bumps and bruises, but still standing in the New Year!
I just called my 2 young adult kids and then sent a few text messages to friends and other family.

Decided not to watch the ball drop, but watched the Christmas concert on EWTN.
... God Bless! theheart

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Thanks Therese ...If I had a great 14 yr old boy like yours,I would definitely b...

Thanks Therese ...

If I had a great 14 yr old boy like yours,I would definitely be happy! Family is where it's at!

Happy '13!

--hide--
Hi Richard,

I just saw your new topic and first I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year. I don't know
how long you have been alone on New Year's Eve but I do know that sadness of being without
someone special. I have my sister who lives a couple of towns over and I have my little guy (son
who will always be a child) and am thankful. I was thinking the other day how God puts people in
your way...some step to the side and others won't let you pass. I realize that God doesn't want
us to be all alone and maybe wants us to open our eyes to our surroundings because look at all
we miss by moving out of the way instead of making eye contact.

That is one of my resolutions this year ...to actually get myself out there to see and be seen. What
do you think about that?

Eileen

Jan 1st 2013 new

Happy New Year, Richard, and to all.

Jan 1st 2013 new

I always feel very relieved and happy to welcome a New Year. I know it can be a great start to a great diet and exercise and new goals in the coming year. I gave up feeling sad about not having someone many years ago. I am relieved about that. I feel Happy to be alive on NYE and I am very excited about the future. It depends on one's perspective. I am not looking outside of myself to someone else to find happiness and that is probably the difference. I know I am responsible in large part for the condition things are in and will be in. So as I take responsibility I feel very happy. I feel grateful to God for another year and the opportunity to make things better! Cheers! party

Posts 41 - 50 of 70