Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: John- You should not give up. All of us...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

John- You should not give up. All of us should hold on to hope.

Marian, It's kind of hard to hold onto to hope when one comes into the threads daily and reads all the disparaging remarks made by the men and women on here.

I am by nature a VERY positive and upbeat person, but I see this trait waining daily after visiting the various negative threads/comments.

--hide--

I see negativity here too and we have to remain resolved in our selves not to be led toward losing hope. CM should be a place where we gain hope. Where we have fellowship. Not where we feel torn down. People who write negative posts which are DOWNER POSTS should be dealt with.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-922816 said: Hi All- This is my first time posting on a forum- but this is an important subject to m...
(Quote) Judy-922816 said:

Hi All-

This is my first time posting on a forum- but this is an important subject to me and so i wanted to share with you what the Lord and i are currently working on, in my life. i believe the desire to meet a man to share my life with is God given-I believe He instilled it in me. He knows the desires of my heart and as a loving Father wants very much to bless me in this way- He made woman for man. I very much believe He will fulfill this in me- it is our FAITH that will bring to us that which we desire from our Loving Father. Over and over Jesus says in scripture after scripture 'Your FAITH has healed you, your servant, your child, your sight..." i had to really check myself and say- perhaps it's not God denying my petition but rather do I have the REAL FAITH and courage that i am worthy, ready, and in position to recieve this and do I really BELIEVE that God will bring this forth in my life- today my answer is yes. And so at 43 when i marry, it will further GLORIFY GOD-His MIGHTY POWER and desire to bless me abundantly as the Word of God tells us. Furthermore, praying about this, talking with God about this, reaching out to the Blessed Mother, Communing with Jesus, fellowshipping with other Christians has made my love affair with Christ Jesus even more intimate and i know this pleases Him.

--hide--

Welcome Judy! Keep posting here!

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-922816 said: Hi All- This is my first time posting on a forum- but this is an important subject to m...
(Quote) Judy-922816 said:

Hi All-

This is my first time posting on a forum- but this is an important subject to me and so i wanted to share with you what the Lord and i are currently working on, in my life. i believe the desire to meet a man to share my life with is God given-I believe He instilled it in me. He knows the desires of my heart and as a loving Father wants very much to bless me in this way- He made woman for man. I very much believe He will fulfill this in me- it is our FAITH that will bring to us that which we desire from our Loving Father. Over and over Jesus says in scripture after scripture 'Your FAITH has healed you, your servant, your child, your sight..." i had to really check myself and say- perhaps it's not God denying my petition but rather do I have the REAL FAITH and courage that i am worthy, ready, and in position to recieve this and do I really BELIEVE that God will bring this forth in my life- today my answer is yes. And so at 43 when i marry, it will further GLORIFY GOD-His MIGHTY POWER and desire to bless me abundantly as the Word of God tells us. Furthermore, praying about this, talking with God about this, reaching out to the Blessed Mother, Communing with Jesus, fellowshipping with other Christians has made my love affair with Christ Jesus even more intimate and i know this pleases Him.

--hide--

Welcome Judy! Keep posting here!

Dec 7th 2012 new
Does it seem like I'm saying I did lose my slipper? I don't ever want to lose it.
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Marian, It's kind of hard to hold onto to hope when one comes into the threads daily and read...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Marian, It's kind of hard to hold onto to hope when one comes into the threads daily and reads all the disparaging remarks made by the men and women on here.

I am by nature a VERY positive and upbeat person, but I see this trait waining daily after visiting the various negative threads/comments.

--hide--
That's why CM has you, and others such as Marian, Leon, Nancy, MaryAlice, Sheila, and many, many others who cancel out the negativity and set forth positive attitudes with their own messages. Hope still prevails. hug

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Does it seem like I'm saying I did lose my slipper? I don't ever want to lose it.
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Does it seem like I'm saying I did lose my slipper? I don't ever want to lose it.
--hide--
On the bright side, a dashing prince will find it -- and you!!!

Dec 7th 2012 new

I think it was Father Groeschel (I might be wrong, but some prominent priest), who wrote about the discernment of what vocation one is called to (marriage or the avowed life), and summed it up quite directly:

(to this effect):

If you require a genital expression of your sexuality, then you are called to the vocation of marriage (which is after all the "natural" vocation, as God created us man and woman, for one another).

If your sexuality does not require a genital expression (chastity and celibacy are easy or at least not difficult for you), then that is an additional sign (but certainly not the only sign) that you are may be called to holy orders/consecrated virginity.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I think it was Father Groeschel (I might be wrong, but some prominent priest), who wrote about the di...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I think it was Father Groeschel (I might be wrong, but some prominent priest), who wrote about the discernment of what vocation one is called to (marriage or the avowed life), and summed it up quite directly:

(to this effect):

If you require a genital expression of your sexuality, then you are called to the vocation of marriage (which is after all the "natural" vocation, as God created us man and woman, for one another).

If your sexuality does not require a genital expression (chastity and celibacy are easy or at least not difficult for you), then that is an additional sign (but certainly not the only sign) that you are may be called to holy orders/consecrated virginity.

--hide--

Thanks for a great, succinct and direct post Pat!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'm reading Surrender! right now, and this really resonates with me!
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I'm reading Surrender! right now, and this really resonates with me!
--hide--

I so love that book, Tara.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi all! A question... At what point in life do you decide (discern with cer...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Hi all!

A question...

At what point in life do you decide (discern with certainty) that you might just be called to a single life?

Not asking for myself, just asking in general!

--hide--

Til the day I passed away laughing

Posts 81 - 90 of 93