Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: well, I guess what I'm driving at is when you are truly in a loving relationshi...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

well, I guess what I'm driving at is when you are truly in a loving relationship, you feel outwardly beautiful -- it's a feeling, yes, but it reflects a true perfect state -- it doesn't have to be between two perfect people with great outward beauty or brains, but it comes from being truly loved and loving. when i am with my tight circle of friends, we all appear beautiful! even in our various physical realities. love gives beauty. maybe we have different ideas of beauty, being as you are male and I am female and not as 'visual'??

--hide--

Rachel, you are right on track. Semantics and the difference between the male/female understanding/thought processes may be in play here. I have followed many of your posts and find you to have a balanced, God-centered view of life. Hang in there and take the opinions offered with a grain of salt, even those presented as gospel. While these opinions may make for a lively discussion, as we both know, the Gospels have already been written and that was long ago.

I know exactly what you mean about the beauty of a love relationship. It is very easy to recognize. The couple appears to have a glow about them... when together and when apart.

- Elizabeth

Jan 1st 2013 new

I agree... both, please.

Jan 1st 2013 new

Beauty

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Mick-929473 said: (Quote) Rachel-731570 said: If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but 'no ...
(Quote) Mick-929473 said:

[quote]Rachel-731570 said:

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but 'no one be holding me,' can I be beautiful?? It doesn't feel like it. A woman in love and loved feels and looks the most beautiful!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel

Have you ever heard of the book the 5 love languages? I think you would get a lot out of it. What describe: being held makes you
feel beautiful and loved. This is one of the five love languages:

Physical touch.

The idea is if you keep each other’s "love tank" full both will be happy. It is written by a Christian author and was required by the
Church for me and my previous fiancee to read in preparation for marriage. Search the internet for 5 Love Languages and take the free
5 minute test to see what degree each of the 5 love languages you are. The other four are:

Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation

God bless,

Mick
--hide--

I have the book it is very powerful for a successful relationship and it doesn't say anything about the outside beauty all it needs intelligence and perseverance...

There is a quote that says Love is not how much you can get but how much you can give it is not about giving up but holding on it's not about saying i love you but about showing how much it is true.

How we succeed in our relationship needs actions beside the words, Beauty can offer a very limited help. It needs intelligence to know how to deal with different situations and how to work for the success of the relationship.

When someone possesses the outside beauty it is a plus and it is a gift from God but how much they work to enhance this beauty with the inner beauty is a way to show appreciation and to return the gift.
Jan 1st 2013 new
That type of Love is called Agape Love. In the Christian perspective it is the most important form of love. That is why we are also called to feed the poor for example. Mick
Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Mick-929473 said: That type of Love is called Agape Love. In the Christian perspective it is the most important form of love. That is...
(Quote) Mick-929473 said: That type of Love is called Agape Love. In the Christian perspective it is the most important form of love. That is why we are also called to feed the poor for example.

Mick
--hide--

Agape love is very unique love. Just to clarify my point, i didn't mean that one should sacrifice while the other one is not. It is true that true love should always be unconditional. It is unlimited giving with no expectations in return. However a successful relationship should be built on mutual love which means unlimited giving without expectations from both parties.
Jan 1st 2013 new

All of the above please. :)

I will say, however, that there is something about a person who is faithful and has a good heart that makes them more "beautiful" than the "hottest" supermodel! I wont lie and say that the supermodel isn't attractive, but I that is inconsequential compared to a faithul, intelligent, loving person. Just sayin'...

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Arturo-535613 said:
(Quote) Arturo-535613 said:
--hide--
Without a doubt, I'll go for brains if it's a question of one or the other. It won't hurt if the woman has both and from experience, a lot of women have them both.

Posts 111 - 118 of 118