Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

12/29/2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: (Quote) George-80266 said: (Quote) Gerard-400247 said:
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Quote:
George-80266 said:

Quote:
Gerard-400247 said:

George,

Your picks are late;Thursday 8 pm EST is the deadline.There is a rule in effect,where late entries are subject to a 2 point weekly total.

This is Christmas time;your picks will be accepted and there will be no disqualification.

PLEASE get your predictions in on time.Next week,there will be no free pass.

Ok sorry about that! I was not aware of that. I thought with no Thursday game it was ok to be later! I will now know for future games down the road?

George,

I hope you and your loved ones had a great Christmas.

There is a deadline in effect;Thursday 8 pm EST. I have issued a number of reminders(everyone has been in compliance,except for you,in the last two weeks).You were given a waiver last week,because it was near Christmas.I did mention that there would be no free pass,this week.In order to maintain the integrity of the rule and this thread,your picks will not count this week and the two point penalty will be enforced.While I think that you are a good guy,there can be no APPEARANCE of somebody using extra time,to gain an unfair competitive advantage.

I hope you understand and continue to be a part of this topic.

--hide--

Gerard,

I totally agree. In a thread of this type, you must have rules for all to follow.

George, I hate to see you get this penalty but I must agree with Gerard. There is a protocol to follow and all of us need to be in compliance. I have enjoyed your participation and hope you will continue to be part of "our gang" in the future.

Blessings to you both, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

12/31/2012 new

Leon,

Thank you for the support. Yes,this is a rather unique thread and DOES require some rules and most people abide by them.It's important to keep it entertaining and fun.There is a competitive element and therefore necessary,to set boundaries and maintain fairness.

When somebody isn't in compliance,it is necessary to take corrective action...there is nothing personal,in play.

You have always been an OUSTANDING example,of someone who understands and respects the nature of this thread and you do a GREAT job of welcoming new people.Your picks are always presented on time and you constantly show great integrity and guidance.

Good luck to the Texans on Saturday.

12/31/2012 new

SCOREBOARD UPDATE:WEEK 17

Jerry: 165...11 wins,1 bonus(12).

Nancy: 161...10 wins,1 bonus(10).

Gerard: 159...9 wins,0 bonus(11).

Leon: 151...11 wins,1 bonus(11).

Linda: 128...10 wins,5 bonus(12).

George: 104...2 points,0 bonus(7).

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: SCOREBOARD UPDATE:WEEK 17 ...

--hide--

Correction:George has 8 bonus points.

12/31/2012 new

--hide--

Jerry,

Congratulations,you win the regular season contest.It was quite a feat! biggrin

12/31/2012 new

--hide--
Hi Gerard, first I'd like to thank you for doing such a great job on the NFL thread. You've made this fun and competitive. I've enjoyed the weekly interactions VERY much.

Now to the not so important business....I actually had 11 correct picks this week. Not that it will make any difference, but hey.. wink laughing laughing

Happy New Year to you and all in our great group here.

12/31/2012 new

Congratulations to Jerry for winning the title of "KING" of the football picks. Job well done. You get a Gold Star! clap Bow

12/31/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Gerard, first I'd like to thank you for doing such a great job on the NFL thread. You'...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Gerard, first I'd like to thank you for doing such a great job on the NFL thread. You've made this fun and competitive. I've enjoyed the weekly interactions VERY much.

Now to the not so important business....I actually had 11 correct picks this week. Not that it will make any difference, but hey..

Happy New Year to you and all in our great group here.

--hide--

Linda,

Thank you for the kind words.It has really been a great pleasure to have you and all the other wonderful people, involved each week.

Sorry about the miscalculation...it happens when you post in the early morning.

Happy New Year to all.

01/01/2013 new

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Wish my Cowboys had done better though. (they won't till some profound changes are made.....and additions)
Thank you Gerard and Linda....and thanks to all for a fun season.
(you're right Gerard it was NO small feat....lots of stiff competition!)
And the playoffs should be fun!!!

01/01/2013 new

Gerard,

I echo what Linda states in her first sentence.

For the second straight year, you did a marvelous job of coordinating the picks over the NFL season. You did a great job of keeping up with everyone's weekly picks. clap I had put together a chart in Excel so I could follow my progress each week or lack thereof. laughing For the regular season, the most picks I had in any week was 12 (Week 7) and finished with a winning percentage of 59.6. I don't think anyone would be trusting their money with me.

Jerry, congratulations on winning the regular season. clap This Texan removes his hat and salutes you. Your picks were consistent week after week. I, like you and Linda hurt and are disappointed the Cowboys are not in the playoffs - again. Maybe it is because the country at large expects them to be there every year. Whatever their problems, I hope they work on them in the off season.

Linda and Nancy - your presence was so appreciated. The fact you participated that is usually a "guy thing" showed me your passion for professional football. clap clap

George - your presence was also appreciated. The more we have participating, the more fun it is to play.

...............and regarding my Texans, they picked the wrong time of the season to implode although I am loyal to my home team and wish them success. They backed themselves into a hole by not getting the home field advantage.

Gerard, your Vikings came a long way since Week 1. I was pulling so hard for Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson's season rushing record. To miss by just 9 yards is disappointing. I wish them well throughout the playoffs.

Linda, hopefully the Lions can make some progress during the off season.

Nancy, I was so impressed with the Colts. Andrew Luck is going to become one of the league's best QBs.

I wish you all a very Happy and prosperous New Year. May God bring each of you joy, happiness, peace, good health and much love during 2013 and beyond.

Love you all, Praying hug rose rosary

Leon

Posts 111 - 120 of 125