Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 12th 2012 new

A Blessed Advent Season! I found this waiting for me in my email. Isn't that what we had been saying...

What does it look like to be an Advent people? The question for each one of us is this: What is God's will for me. What is my commitment to God and what does remaining faithful for me, today, at this moment, look like?

We will only find those answers within. Nobody can do this hard work for us. If we do not focus on and live from the Vertical Relationship with Christ, then the plan of Christ, for us and for the world, is at risk. If we drop out of service, the world will feel it. The world will feel our absence from service in many ways, because of the ripple effect of goodness. When one action of kindness is offered, it spreads. When one person is healed, that person goes on to heal others and this is how each of us affects the whole when we choose love.

How many of us take the Mystery of the Incarnation for granted!

I love these thoughts from Bl. Guerric, for Advent... Bl. Guerric insists on the fact that the Incarnation is the supreme gift of God's infinite generosity. And therefore the Christmas mystery is one of the most beautiful and complete revelations of the whole mystery of God. The Lord of heaven had nothing to gain from the Incarnation, and yet He gave Himself entirely to us. What is this but a proof of His need to give Himself - a proof that God is Love...He is born in Bethlehem in order that He may be born in us...He is born Son of Man in order that we may be born sons of God... spontaneity and gladness of heart...are the sign of a true Christian spirit; a spirit of joy based on total and trusting acceptance of God's Will.

Our interior resentments, anxieties and temptations to discouragement are not merely subjective moods but incidents in a struggle between good and evil. This is the chief reason why we must resist our passions and not be dominated by them...true faith works through charity, and true charity liberates the inner sources of vital spiritual activity which are also the fountainhead of joy.

...If our eyes are fixed on Him, and if we constantly remember what the Incarnation means, what is given to us in Him, we can never be truly depressed or discouraged, except of course in a superficial and sensible way that does not enter into the depths of the will. We may feel sadness but we will never fully give in to it.

What Guerric is criticizing with vehemence and power is a certain spirit of pessimism and self-pity which sometimes creeps into pious people and infects their souls with resentment and gloom. It is the spirit which expresses itself in murmuring and complaints, a spirit that is dissatisfied with everything, both God and man. This spirit cannot find rest, and constantly seeks to satisfy its restlessness by lamenting and attacking the evil that it sees all around it. ...this is the spirit of ingratitude. Those who suffer by it, suffer through their own fault. (He is not advocating not to preform Spiritual Works of Mercy, Admonish the Sinner, Instruct the Ignorant,... when faced with combating evil you are confronting in your present moment, he is speaking of living a perpetual mode of restlessness, as you cannot find even peace in God).

The root of this sin is the implicit conviction that God has not been good to us that there is nothing to be grateful for that we have a right to be dejected. Sadness, fully consented to, is a denial of God's mercy it leads to infidelity and despair. The ungrateful man hardens his heart and refuses to see the goodness and mercy of God. He does not want to see them! Clearly then the cure for this sadness is for us to consider closely, with faith and love, the meaning of the Incarnation, in such a way as to be nourished interiorly by the true Bread of life which contains in itself all delights... If the gift of God is to be seen as it really is, we must realize that He has made salvation easy for us. But the sad ones, are always precisely complaining of the hardness of their lot, of the sufferings and crosses and labors which they have to undergo, as if God had not done everything to make life sweet and easy for them. They refuse to turn their eyes to the merciful love which lightens all our burdens. They refuse to realize that heaven can be purchased with a cup of cold water. How great is this fulness of time which Christ brought with Him from heaven! Precious and costly as it is, Christ set it at a very low price. In two minutes, whether with a cup of cold water or with the mere intention, one may buy the Kingdom of heaven. But now Christ can find few buyers among a whole multitude of rich people. And yet,... we draw back from this bargain, and lament and complain as if we were being cheated, as if the little that is asked of us were altogether too much. We refuse to look at the infinite worth of the treasure we are purchasing with a little labor on this earth and we cry out that out lot is insupportable.

I could not help but draw the comparison of the Request of Our Lady of America. What Our Holy Mother Mary is offering us in the United States:

She would be a safeguard for our Country,

Her picture or statue (of Our Lady of America) honored in all homes as safeguard for the family.

She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

The United States of America would turn back toward morality.

Our Lady of America asks us, She requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace. (That means we should be pure in our lives, go to Confession believe and live all the Holy Catholic Church teaches! We can't be cafeteria catholics picking and choosing what we want to believe, there is no such thing, you are either a Catholic or you are not!)

So much is to be acheived for us and Our Country by this little request, do we too think it is too much to be asked?!
The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes Her statue of Our Lady of America to be carried in Solemn procession and be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. and housed there permanently.. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."

How Bl. Guerric's words came back, Christ can find few buyers among a whole multitude of rich people. And yet,... we draw back from this bargain, and lament and complain as if we were being cheated, as if the little that is asked of us were altogether too much. We refuse to look at the infinite worth of the treasure we are purchasing with a little labor on this earth and we cry out that out lot is insupportable.

I would asked that we pray the Prayer to Our Lady of America found in the Prayer Forum under Prayer for Our Beloved Country for Her request to succeed as well as doing what is in our power to do to have her little request fulfilled! theheart

Dec 15th 2012 new

UPDATE on the Devotion, Our Lady of America: wave I have just learnt from Fr. Kevin Barrett, of Catholic Familyland, Dr. Scott Hahn is on board and seeing what he can do in helping promote the devotion. A lot of people are touching bases with Bishops and Cardinals to help further Her request. Ignatius Press is distributing sets of programs on Our Lady of America!

Nice as Christmas gifts for yourselves and others. Use it at various Parish functions and organizations. Any Knights of Columbus members willing to help promote the Devotion to others?!

Our Lady of America Place your order toll-free by calling 1-800-651-1531 or Ignatius.com

Availability: - In Stock Length: 6 episodes, 120 minutes Edition: DVD Code: OLOA-M Retail Price: $10.95 Web Sale Price: $9.85 Product Options

More Sharing ServicesShare

Email Print

Related Products: Our Lady of America- Audio Talk on CD

This important new documentary presents four leading authorities on the true story of the approved apparitions of Our Lady of America in the 1950s to an American nun who was a member of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Most Precious Blood of Jesus. The contents of the messages, requests and promises of Our Lady, specifically for the people of America, are urgently important.

Hear the details of the inspiring story of Our Lady of America, beginning with Mary's appearances to Sister Mary Ephrem between 1954 and 1959, and the growth of the devotion to this day. Learn about the Blessed Mother's great love for the people of America because of our devotion to her as the patroness of USA under her title of the Immaculate Conception. Be reassured by the Church's approval of Mary's message, and be moved by Our Lady's plea for purity in an age of sin and excess. See the connection between Our Lady of America and her Son's gift of Divine Mercy, and feel the call to spiritual action by Mary's urgent message for the future of America and the world. This compelling message is presented by four experts experts on this story - Kevin McCarthy, Albert Langencamp, Father Bernard Geiger, OFM Conv., and Father Kevin Barrett.

"In a particular way, Our Lady of America expressed her desire that the United States of America, through her intercession, be devoted to the purity of love. She identified herself to Sister Mary Ephrem as "Our Lady of America, The Immaculate Virgin' . . . She calls the people of our nation to the new evangelization through a renewed dedication to the purity of love."
- Cardinal Raymond Burke, Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura

Read the entire letter by Cardinal Burke to all the US bishops on Our Lady of America by clicking here.

or reading the 1st post.

So it seems to be gaining momentum. Thank you for all your prayers, sacrifices and contacting.... CM family we are making a difference. Please continue and spread the word to family, friends and your various parishes, Priest, Bishops etc... Mostly She wishes that Her Son who loves us so MUCH not be offended by us who have received so Much from HIM let us with our lives help by living them in PURITY!

Our Lady of America stated, "Reform of
life is what I ask..."

The next day, during a Holy Hour, Our Lady came to repeat the call
to her children in America to dedicate their lives to her Purity:

"My child, I
entrust you with this message that you must make known to my children in
America. I wish it to be the country dedicated to my purity. The wonders I will
work will be the wonders of the soul. They must have faith and believe firmly in
my love for them. I desire that they be the children of my Pure Heart. I desire,
through my children in America, to further the cause of faith and purity among
peoples and nations. Let them come with confidence and simplicity, and I, their
Mother, will teach them to become pure like to my Heart that their own hearts
may be more pleasing to the Heart of my Son."

I would asked that we pray everyday the Prayer to Our Lady of America found in the Prayer Forum under Prayer for Our Beloved Country for Her request to succeed as well as keeping that intention in our daily rosary and doing what is in our power to do to have her little request fulfilled! theheart

God Bless and what a gift we can give to Jesus in this Advent Season to go to Confession and live PURE LIVES. A GOD LEFT HEAVEN FOR US TO BE AMONG US IN THE INCARNATION, WILL WE RETURN HIS LOVE, WE ALL KNOW HOW UNREQUITED LOVE FEELS, LET HIM NOT KNOW IT FROM US! theheart

Dec 22nd 2012 new

From the Liturgy of Hours - theheart

O God,
who, seeing the human race fallen into death,
willed to redeem it by the coming of your Only Begotten Son,
grant, we pray, that those who confess His Incarnation with humble fervor
may merit His company as their Redeemer.

From Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary of Magdalen, O.C.D.

God's greatest work, the Incarnation of the Word, destined to enlighten and save the whole world, takes place in obscurity and silence, and under the most humble and most human conditions. Caesar's edict obliges Mary and Joseph to leave their little home in Nazareth and undertake a journey. They travel on foot like the poor, in spite of the discomfort of Mary's condition. They do not think of objecting to the trip; they make no complaint, but obey with promptness and simplicity. He who commands is a man, but their profound spirit of faith discovers God's Will in the command of the pagan emperor. And they go, trusting in God's Providence; GOD KNOWS, GOD WILL PROVIDE; "To them that love God, all things work together unto good." (Rom 8,28). In Bethlehem there is no room for them; they are obliged to take shelter in a hillside cave. The poverty of this refuge for animals does not dismay or scandalize them. They know that the Child who is about to be born is the Son of God; but they also know that God's works are entirely different from man's! And if God wishes His greatest work to be accomplished here, in this wretched stable in utter poverty Mary and Joseph EMBRACE HIS WILL! The least bit of human reasoning would be enough to confuse and disturb them, and arouse doubts. Mary and Joseph are extremely humble; hence, they are docile and filled with faith in God. And God, as is His custom made use of what is humble and despicable in the eyes of the world to accomplish the greatest of His works : the INCARNATION OF THE WORD. The lessons found in this truth should help us in living our lives: What does it matter to the person of faith what path God marks out for us as long as we know He is there with us and the end for which we are destined HEAVEN! Everything in life that comes to us is the best that could befall us for working out our salvation. God never leaves us alone. He is guiding us all along life's journeys. It maybe a cross but in order to have peace and even a joy we must cooperate and not lose heart.' This has always kept me grounded if you like it get and read Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence the secret to peace and happiness by Bl. Claude de Columbiere.

A reminder so much is to be acheived for us and Our Country by this little request of Our Lady of America, do we too think it is too much to be asked of us personally?! She requested that the U.S. return to purity....

I would asked that we pray everyday the Prayer to Our Lady of America found in the Prayer Forum under Prayer for Our Beloved Country for Her request to succeed as well as keeping that intention in our daily rosary and doing what is in our power to do to have her little request fulfilled!

If I do not get on the next few days, week(s) I would like to wish all on CM a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A MOST BLESSED NEW YEAR!
What gift to give Jesus in this Advent Season? ( soon to be Christmas Season), but to go to Confession and live PURE LIVES so to live this very special Year of Faith in a Worth and Fruitful Manner. A GOD loves us, He has revealed Himself, LEFT HEAVEN FOR US TO BE AMONG US IN THE INCARNATION, WILL WE RETURN HIS LOVE? WE KNOW HOW UNREQUITED LOVE FEELS, LET HIM NOT KNOW IT FROM US ESPECIALLY IN This Christmas Season in The Year of Faith and all throughout our lives! theheart

Dec 22nd 2012 new
Thanks Colette. Merry Christmas to you as we'll.
Dec 23rd 2012 new

Our Lady of America, pray for us.

Jan 1st 2013 new

Update wave The message of Our Lady of America is authentic and worthy of being promulgated.

A Cardinal recently did state that the legal squabbling that is taking place over the devotion is unfortunate and is hurting the devotion and the work of Our Lady.

We need to pray for its peaceful and just end. Please pray
that this petition pending before The Holy See, Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline
of the Sacraments resolves all... matters. theheart

Please keep this intention in your Rosary and perhaps pray the Prayer to Our Lady of America found in the Prayer Forum under Prayer for Our Beloved Country.

Messages of Our Lady of America to Sr. Mildred...

Reformation of life

On August 22, 1957, Our Lady said:

"What am I to do, child of my heart, when
my children turn from me? The false peace of this world lures them and in the
end will destroy them. They think they have done enough in consecrating
themselves to my Immaculate Heart. It is not enough. That which I ask and is
most important many have not given me. What I ask, have asked, and will continue
to ask is reformation of life. There must be sanctification from within. I will
work my miracles of grace only in those who ask for them and empty their souls
of the love and attachment to sin and all that is displeasing to my Son. Souls
who cling to sin cannot have their hands free to receive the tr
easures of grace that I hold out to
them."

Message of October 7, 1957

“My beloved
daughter, what I am about to tell you concerns in a particular way my children
in America. Unless they do penance by mortifications and self-denial and thus
reform their lives, God will visit them
with
punishments hitherto unknown to them.

“My child,
there will be peace, as has been promised, but not until my children are
purified and cleansed from defilement, and clothed thus with the white garment
of grace, are made ready to receive this peace, so long held back because of the
sins of men.

“My dear
children, either you will do as I desire and reform your lives, or God Himself
will need to cleanse you in the fires of untold punishment. You must be prepared
to receive His great gift of peace. If you will not prepare yourselves, God will
Himself be forced to do so in His justice and mercy.”

“Making the
Rosary a family prayer is very pleasing to me. I ask that all families strive to
do so. But be careful to say it with great devotion, meditating on each mystery
and striving to imitate in your daily lives the virtues depicted therein. Live
the mysteries of the Rosary as I lived them, and it will become a chain binding
you to me forever. They who are found in the circle of my Rosary will never be
lost. I myself will lead them at death to the throne of my Son, to be eternally
united to Him.

“Write these
words upon your hearts, my dear children, because of the compassion I have for
you in my Immaculate Heart. Oh, if you knew the punishments I am holding back
from you by my pleading and intercession on your behalf! Will you do as I wish
at last, my children?”

Reminder to read first thread and do what you can do help promote Our Lady of America. God Bless! theheart

Jan 4th 2013 new

A shared insight Colette! It is the "key," that if embraced, would give everyone great hope!

Jan 4th 2013 new
Edward, If this was your first post you picked a wonderful thread to comment on! "Welcome to the fora!" As they say. This thread has touched my life in a special way by bringing Our Lady of America into my awareness. Our Lady of America is giving me hope for the future of this country, and on a personal level, as a part of my life through her guidance and care over my relationship. My subscription to CM expires this month, and the one thing I hope for most is that awareness of Our Lady of America will continue to be promoted on CM by people in these fora. It's up to us to tell this story, and spread the message. For me, this is patriotic. She wants the United States to be a moral example, a great nation. God bless!
Jan 11th 2013 new

God Reward you! theheart
Thank you Edward and John for your uplifting comments!

Jan 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: So the worse case senario occurred Pres O. is in, those in the Romny/ Ryan camp feel the defeat...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

So the worse case senario occurred Pres O. is in, those in the Romny/ Ryan camp feel the defeat and all that work feels as if it has gone for nothing, but it really isn't so God will use it for His own purposes. In my estimation, the U.S. will now be a proving ground for the Catholic Church to show her Identity to the World. Through the suffering that awaits the Church it will shine as never before IN THIS Country and will bring Converts to Her in time.
We still have hope, Our God is still God and this God has revealved Himself to us through His Son Jesus as OUR FATHER and He is the One really in charge!!! Rm. 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God....

'Remember, no matter what in life befalls you God knows about it! He knew about it from all eternity and how He can and will bring Good out of it! God will care for you in this trying time!
God has an Ordaining Will and a Permitting Will. No matter what happens to us God knows about it. Nothing in life that happens to us occurs except by God's Order and Permission. We may not know the why or hows of our reality but it affords one great peace when you attribute everything to the Will of God!
Always attribute to God every sorrow that grips and holds us. (Except Sin) What does it matter to the person of faith what path God marks out for us as long as we know He is there with us and the end for which we are destined HEAVEN! Everything in life that comes to us is the best that could befall us for working out our salvation. God never leaves us alone. He is guiding us all along life's journeys. It is a cross but in order to have peace and even a joy we must cooperate and not lose heart.' This has always kept me grounded if you like it get and read Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence the secret to peace and happiness by Bl. Claude de Columbiere.

.Requesting help... How many know about Our Lady of America? The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops (with signature drives in our parishes, any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard for our country.

This devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of America enjoys complete canonical approval through former Archbishop of Cincinnati, OH, the late Paul Francis Leibold. Through his written correspondence and public actions, Archbishop Leibold approved for public devotion this private apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil).

Furthermore, many other Bishops have also shown their approval by their promotion of this devotion. The Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke, Archbishop of Saint Louis, a world renowned canon lawyer, issued a letter opinion on Our Lady of America. In his letter dated May 31, 2007, he reviews the history of Our Lady of America and the actions of Archbishop Leibold approving this devotion.

From Archbishop Burke:

"What can be concluded canonically is that the devotion was both approved by Archbishop Leibold and, what is more, was actively promoted by him. In addition, over the years, other Bishops have approved the devotion and have participated in public devotion to the Mother of God, under the title of Our Lady of America."
Canonical Approval
As such, devotion to Our Lady of America had been completely and fully canonically approved by Archbishop Leibold and confirmed by other bishops, leaving no question about the status of this apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) which began 1956.

For the full text of Archbishop Burke's letter CONTACT http://www.ourladyofamerica.org (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OUR LADY OF AMERICA. COM)
or
For more information on Archbishop Burke,

Informational Site: http://www.ourladyofamerica.org

This site is the informational Internet source of the Our Lady of America devotion. It is run by the Langsenkamp Family Apostolate of Indianapolis Indiana to spread devotion to Our Lady of America.

Mailing Address:B.V.M. Our Lady of America
C/O Langsenkamp Family Apostolate
9100 Purdue Road #400
Indianapolis, IN 46268-1180

--hide--
Good stuff here!

Posts 111 - 120 of 122