Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I would appreciate some prayers for my mom and dad. My dad is 70 and was diagnosed with cancer a couple months ago. It is already stage IV and spreading to his lymphnodes. Chemo is not working, and he goes in for surgery soon to see what can be done. He doesn't feel ill often, pain and fevers a few hours a day, but the prognosis is not good- he was essentially told to go home and die. My mom is taking it badly, it is destroying her and I honestly don't know if she will be able to last long without him. He still has dreams of moving to his birthplace by the sea in Canada for a bit, so even if he survived only long enough to do that, we would be so grateful. Thank you!

01/01/2013 new

Praying rosary hug

theheart

01/01/2013 new

I'm sorry to hear about your father and mother's suffering!! Of course I will keep your family in my prayers!

01/01/2013 new

I will be praying for you and your family this time of need. Praying hug

01/01/2013 new

Praying Praying

01/01/2013 new

Sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him in my prayers. Praying theheart

01/01/2013 new

Lord God, Please hear the prayers of this daughter; may it be Your Will that in this time of passing your son might return home on his way Home to You. Jesus, Please draw near to this family that they might know your Peace even as they demonstrate their love for The Father throught their love for this one on his way. Heavenly Father should it be Thy Will, may the Holy Spirit guide the hands and skills of the surgeon that this loved one might have more time with his family to Praise Thee, and to peacefully prepare them for his return to You.

Praying Praying Jesus, We Trust in You.

Mary, Blessings and Peace to you in this difficult time.

01/01/2013 new
Three Hail Mary's prayed
01/01/2013 new

Thank you very much to everyone! I truly appreciate it. It is a blessing that the chemo has not made him very sick, and I'm thankful for that, I just hope that God's will keeps him away from further pain and that he achieves his dreams while still with us.

I also, occassionally, am saddened that one of the few things he wants in life, is to see me happily married, and meet his grandchildren, and it looks like that might not happen now. It upsets me when I think of it, but I try not to bring it up around him- I know he'd call me silly for it :P

01/01/2013 new

Praying theheart Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 53