Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mary the Mother of God

Jan 1st 2013 new

January 1st is the Solemnity of our Lady, Mother of God. How fitting we start our New Year Honoring her!

www.youtube.com

Jan 1st 2013 new

theheart rosary

Jan 1st 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Jan 1st 2013 new

Yes, what a beautiful way to begin the new year in honoring Our Mother at Mass. What a beautiful gift our good Lord has given us -the gift of His Mother. Thank you Lord!

Jan 1st 2013 new

theheart theheart theheart Praying

Jan 1st 2013 new

rose rose rose rosary I love this picture!

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-383906 said: I love this picture!
(Quote) Michelle-383906 said:

I love this picture!

--hide--

I enjoyed watching the video that you posted! biggrin

Thank you for starting this thread! biggrin

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-383906 said: January 1st is the Solemnity of our Lady, Mother of God. How fitting we start our New Year Hon...
(Quote) Michelle-383906 said:

January 1st is the Solemnity of our Lady, Mother of God. How fitting we start our New Year Honoring her!

www.youtube.com

--hide--

In the calander for Mass in the Extraordinary form, this is celebrated as the feast of the Circumcision Of Our Lord. As such it also included a commemoration of the virginal motherhood of Mary.

This is more in keeping with the Practise under the Jewish Law which required a male child to be circumcised on the 8th day after his birth. Since Jesus's whole Life was a completion of the Mosaic Law, this is a necessary step in the process.

To me, this is the more important commemoration. Mary's mnotherhood, is commemorated on the Feast of the Purification on February 2nd.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: In the calander for Mass in the Extraordinary form, this is celebrated as the feast of the Circumc...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

In the calander for Mass in the Extraordinary form, this is celebrated as the feast of the Circumcision Of Our Lord. As such it also included a commemoration of the virginal motherhood of Mary.

--hide--

In the 1962 revision of the liturgical calendar, which is the one used for the Extraordinary Form, the feast was changed from the Circumcision to the Octave Day of Christmas. The Gospel is still that of the Circumcision.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: In the calander for Mass in the Extraordinary form, this is celebrated as the feast of th...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

This is more in keeping with the Practise under the Jewish Law which required a male child to be circumcised on the 8th day after his birth. Since Jesus's whole Life was a completion of the Mosaic Law, this is a necessary step in the process.

To me, this is the more important commemoration. Mary's mnotherhood, is commemorated on the Feast of the Purification on February 2nd.

--hide--

Thanks for this post! biggrin I think it's great to know that a feast day for theheartMary, the Mother of Godtheheart is assigned both on January 1st and February 2nd! biggrin

From "True Devotion to Mary" by St. Louis de Montfort:
For we never give more honour to Jesus than when we
honour His Mother, and we honour Her simply and solely to
honour Him all the more perfectly. We go to Her only as a way
leading to the goal we seek–Jesus, Her Son.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10