Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

rolling eyes New Year's Eve did not go according to my plan....well, do things ever? Sometimes.

My favorite thing about New Year's Eve was when my kids told me they "would rather" spend New Year's Eve "at home with you, Mom'...And, "can we have cupcakes and cheese cubes like a real party?"....and then "can we have some cheesecake, too?"

O.K. Not the healthiest end to 2012 food wise, but a healthy start to the New Year. I had a friend ask me to go out, and offer me a babysitter, then about 3 weeks ago, there was the invitation to New York by a rather over-zealous date trying to impress.

But, the most impresive thing was being asked by my kids to stay home with me. Never mind that it turns out that blue icing makes me hurl eyepopping or that my hair distinctly smells of caramel and is, accordingly, stuck in place like an expensive hair gel....my kids chose me, and that is so awesome!

Hope everyone else had a Happy New Year's Eve and that you were chosen by someone special, too! wave

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: New Year's Eve did not go according to my plan....well, do things ever? Sometimes.
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

New Year's Eve did not go according to my plan....well, do things ever? Sometimes.

My favorite thing about New Year's Eve was when my kids told me they "would rather" spend New Year's Eve "at home with you, Mom'...And, "can we have cupcakes and cheese cubes like a real party?"....and then "can we have some cheesecake, too?"

O.K. Not the healthiest end to 2012 food wise, but a healthy start to the New Year. I had a friend ask me to go out, and offer me a babysitter, then about 3 weeks ago, there was the invitation to New York by a rather over-zealous date trying to impress.

But, the most impresive thing was being asked by my kids to stay home with me. Never mind that it turns out that blue icing makes me hurl or that my hair distinctly smells of caramel and is, accordingly, stuck in place like an expensive hair gel....my kids chose me, and that is so awesome!

Hope everyone else had a Happy New Year's Eve and that you were chosen by someone special, too!

--hide--
Sounds wonderful!

Jan 1st 2013 new

My favorite thing about New Year's Eve was that the neighborhood was pretty quiet for a change. Dogs were noisy 10 to 11pm, but at midnight--hardly any fireworks or shouting.

Jan 1st 2013 new

It was a great new years eve. A call from my sweet daughter telling me Happy New Years! A few friends and some snacks in the late afternoon with a game of dominoes and then off to evening Mass and Holy Hour to end the old year! Spending it with Jesus is the best gift ever! A blessed new year to all of you!

Jan 1st 2013 new
Last night it was Mass followed by an hour of adoration. I attendedMass at the parish I took Andrew to when he was a little boy. And for me closing my eyes during adoration and allowing God to provide his healing after my rosary felt like I was definitely in the right place at the right time. This year of Faith the Pope is calling us to means that some parishes are making adoration more available and I pray that continues for a very long time!
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: blue icing makes me hurl or that my hair distinctly smells of caramel and is, accordingly, stuck ...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

blue icing makes me hurl or that my hair distinctly smells of caramel and is, accordingly, stuck in place like an expensive hair gel

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing I mean sorry you got sick sad but funny how you worded it!! laughing laughing I had the privilege of spending a few hours with an older man (81 y/o) who does not have family around...several of us went to his place for a drink and then I was home early... biggrin

Jan 2nd 2013 new
After the midnight countdown, we all formed a circle and started praying, praising the Lord and thanking Him for all the blessings of last year and this new year.
Jan 3rd 2013 new

I love it, Celia! Those moments are too precious to trade, even for NYC.

I had planned on staying home and being frumpy, even donned my sweats for the occasion. Then my daughter got invited to a friend's so I stopped in to say "hi" to her parents. They opened the sparkling grape juice and broke out the Apples to Apples game and we had a blast. We watched the ball drop an hour before our central standard time, hugged, high-fived and I drove home to be with my son. (I had to make sure he had no plans for any pyrotechnics.)

It turned out to be a good night.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8