Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Is that allowed? Does anyone else feel that way? ... That we're missing out on something? No, not talking 'bout the big party, with streamers and goofy hats and noisemakers, but rather missing out on welcoming the new year with someone very close to you, both in person and in spirit ... Someone with that hand-in-glove intimate kinship, one of both mind and body .... I don't want to buy into all the societal pressures of the traditional "have-to-do-it-this-way" NYE, but nonetheless you only get so many NYEs in your life, and it is a shame to spend too many of them alone ...There is an emptiness to that, I think ... And I know God understands, but for us humans, who do live in this human world at this moment, it is a tough time to be solo .... So, yes, if I can be honest, I find it a sad time tonite ...

Anyone else care to share?....

--hide--

Yes, Richard biggrin. I'm pretty sure you're not alone. However, this is the second New Year's Eve that I was pretty happy with myself. In the past I used to be pretty sad on New Year's Eve about not being with anyone special. I've decided that it's better to be happy for those people who are in a relationship & giving them best wishes. It shows how much you care about other people too even though you yourself don't have that special person beside you. I noticed that when we bring other people down to our level of sadness that we're not loving our self as a unique individual (aren't we created in the image of God to love?). So, that special someone can see your true colours even in moments where you might feel alone. Cheers to you, Richard smile!

01/01/2013 new

I figure sometimes you've got to listen to the blues in order to pick yourself up! Maybe I'm just too into music! I hope your night went okay. smile

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I felt very sad last night, despite being out in a fun place with my sister and good friend along....
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I felt very sad last night, despite being out in a fun place with my sister and good friend along. I was good at not showing it though ;) A lot of people don't understand, they say "be thankful, enjoy being single" but, maybe like you(?), I just can't. I think of my husband as "when" not "if" and I know he's out there, it's like every new year that goes by without him, I am literally missing him. I (would) value my husband moreso than my friends, so yes, I wish he were here. It doesn't mean I don't appreciate my friends, or love them, but they cannot fill this void.

--hide--

Hi Mary

Yes, that "void" that you mentioned ... That's it ... I too have lots of friends and all, but it's not the same ... they have their families and that is their first priority (as it should be) .... It's wanting to have what they have, not in a jealous way, but rather in an admiring way ... I get what you're saying ...

Hope '13 is a very lucky year for you and you find your person ... I would say here the cliche "You're young, be patient, it'll happen," but I know it hurts whether you're young or whether one is a bit older ... So I won't say it (smile) ...

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Gene-529847 said: Hi Richard! HAPPY NEW YEAR!I believe it "normal" to feel sad when a cele...
(Quote) Gene-529847 said:

Hi Richard!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I believe it "normal" to feel sad when a celebration is going on around you and you can't share the special day with someone. On New Years Eve I was at a gathering of about 40 people. At the stroke of midnight there were hugs, kisses, tears, et cetera. I wasn't with anyone and I felt a bit melancholy, but I wasn't sad.

To the contrary, I thought about all of the blessings in my life. When the time comes, I will share special days with someone. In the meantime, I may be alone, but I am rarely lonely. I make sure my "pie of life" is sliced into many pieces and I make a concerted effort to seek out my family and friends. I hope you didn't ring in the new year being too sad.

The time will come when you will meet that special someone and hopefully you will look back at these sad times and reflect that they were just normal occurrences in life.

Gene

--hide--

Thanks Gene ... Deep down I know you're right ... Just I'd like to see things move along - LOL!

Happy 2013 to you!

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Ann-875509 said: I agree with you, Richard, about it being tough on NYE. It usually means reliving very sad memories...
(Quote) Ann-875509 said:

I agree with you, Richard, about it being tough on NYE. It usually means reliving very sad memories for me and so I struggle alot with this day but then when the new day dawns, I once againn remind myself of all people who I am so blessed to have in my life. Maybe you can do the same today. Otherwise I avoid like crazy the parties because it is not good to mix alcohol and the sad memories. I just read a good book or start thinking about another quilt to make - ! That always cheers me up!
Ann

--hide--

Ann ... thanks for your perspective ... Yes, that's all I was trying to say, that it is tough for some of us on NYE & other holidays ... Doesn't mean we are not moving forward in life, just means we're having a human emotion moment ....

Best wishes for 2013!

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said: Yes, Richard . I'm pretty sure you're not alone. However, this is the second...
(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said:

Yes, Richard . I'm pretty sure you're not alone. However, this is the second New Year's Eve that I was pretty happy with myself. In the past I used to be pretty sad on New Year's Eve about not being with anyone special. I've decided that it's better to be happy for those people who are in a relationship & giving them best wishes. It shows how much you care about other people too even though you yourself don't have that special person beside you. I noticed that when we bring other people down to our level of sadness that we're not loving our self as a unique individual (aren't we created in the image of God to love?). So, that special someone can see your true colours even in moments where you might feel alone. Cheers to you, Richard !

--hide--

Thanks Ezra ... Some good advice in what you say! ... Hope 2013 is great for you!

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Karen-716513 said: I figure sometimes you've got to listen to the blues in order to pick yourself up! Maybe I...
(Quote) Karen-716513 said:

I figure sometimes you've got to listen to the blues in order to pick yourself up! Maybe I'm just too into music! I hope your night went okay.

--hide--

Hi Karen ,,, but too much blues makes us too bluesy, no? Sometimes we need a little red and green and .... (well, you know!)

Happy NY!

01/02/2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi EileenThat sounds liek a very good plan on your part, to get out and mingle more, to, a...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Hi Eileen

That sounds liek a very good plan on your part, to get out and mingle more, to, as you say, "see and be seen" ... I wish that all your wishes do become reality ...

To answer your question, I have been alone on NYE for a very long time ... Sometimes one can feel alone even when surrounded by others .... that's why I feel it's not all the bells/whistles that matter, but what's inside one's heart ,,,

Happy '13 to you!

--hide--
Richard I can truly say that I felt more lonely in my marriage than I have felt since he left. I believe it is because I had expectations of my partner and I was disappointed. I thought he was suppose to support me emotionally, mentally, and physically. Silly girl! I hope this will be your last year of celebrating alone Richard and BE SEEN!
01/02/2013 new

A Blessed day Richard. NYE this year is the happiest one for me. It's just a matter of changing channel from feeling sad to joy.

And I did. A matter of choice, I choose to be happy and think of the good memories (funny) and it put smile in my face. I attended Holy Mass,

I praised and Thank God for feeling so happy. Cannon Spence said "Happy New Year, May Peace come down and stay with you forever"(worthy

of sharing) Please find time to look at this in the Bible. Jer. 33;3 (I called this God's Telephone number)

Richard, and CM, Wishing you a New Year filled with Joy, Prosperity and Peace. May 2013 bring you New Hope, New Love, focus on Positive

Mental Attitude, tune in the channel to be Happy and joyfully waiting for the BEst is yet to come for 2013.

Peace and Blessing.

01/02/2013 new

Yes, you kind of remember your goals you didn't accomplish and people you didn't meet yet. That is what the new year is for! Happy 2013!

Posts 61 - 70 of 70