Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found or unavailable

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Since nobody is sure what to post about in this room, I'm going to keep it "age related". tongue

By 35, I had hoped to own my own home, to have traveled moderately, to own vs. lease a car, & to have been married.

Two out of three ain't bad! Love my little house and my 2nd Chevy!!! As I close out 35, I'm ready to embrace what God has in store for me!

How about you? What did you/do you hope to accomplish by 35?

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Have you ever hiked at Natural Bridge? It is a beautiful natural rock formation surrounded by mountainsides and a valley.

That is pretty countryside in your pictures. Happy New Year

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Having just turned 26... Here's my "wish list" of things I hope to have accomplished by 35:

Gone to the Vatican, Cascia, Portuncula, and visited as many shrines in Italy as I possibly can.

Get married and have at least two kids, God willing.

Own a home.

Buy a new(ish) car (actually that's my big goal for this year because the car I have now, a 1998 Chevy, won't last too much longer)

Visit the Grand Canyon.

Jan 2nd 2013 new
I love this topic - for several reasons. It's so interesting to see how our goals morph over time. When I was just out of college - I was engaged and planning a wedding. By 35 I had hoped to be finished having children and be raising my family in exotic place (my ex-fianc was in the military). After our relationship ended - my goals and hopes and dreams changed. My second stab at 35 including finding the right person, establishing my career, developing my photography business, and traveling the world. At 32 I am an award winning journalist. I work for one of the nations largest radio networks (I am the youngest person on our staff by 20 years); I have traveled the world; and have had photos published in several national publications. I'm still missing Mr. Right - but I guess that's why I am back here. ;-) I think our dreams should grow with us!
Jan 2nd 2013 new

When I was 17, I made a "By 27" list. It included: own a home, have a dog, tell a man I love him, be married, and have some kids. Well, I'm 27 and I own my home and have a beautiful dog, and I recently admitted to my ex (together almost 2yrs) that I loved him, and will always love him in a special way (he wouldn't let me tell him while we were together, never, not once); but the others have fallen flat :/

I have accomplished many goals, own my car, traveled a heck of a lot, held a steady career, graduated college, etc. But marriage and kids is still at the top of the list...I have some others in addition now, though, I'll make it by 35 :) although, most of these are anytime bucket list goals :) I only have 7 1/2 years :o

- hike the Columbia River gorge

- take a train across Canada

- fit into a size 8 dress

- go to a social ball in St. Petersburg

- adopt a child

- see the Lofoten Islands

- learn my mom's recipes before it's too late

Jan 3rd 2013 new

I haven't, Bryan, I'll have to look it up. Happy New Year to you!

Jan 3rd 2013 new

By the time I'm 35, I want to:
-See the Irish and Scottish countryside
-Take a pilgrimage to the Holy Land
-Get married
-Start a family
-Keep up with my fitness goals
-Own a home
-Buy a new car
-Get a yellow lab
-Host a foreign exchange student (doesn't have to be by the time I'm 35...someday!)

Jan 3rd 2013 new

I WILL have this master's degree and I hope to be either in a doctoral program or be walking around with the funny hat. Yes, I will keep those graduation robes if I get them.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

This is a really good topic. It was also interesting to see, and barrow, from everyone else's responses. If I had to choose them today, they would be:

Find my soulmate, and marry her.

Read, and learn more about my faith.

Pay off my student loans.

Make a financial plan for every year and hold to it.

Make sure to either visit, or invite to visit my parents at least six times a year. (They live out of state, but not too far to drive, eight hours.)

Save at least 10% of what I make every year for retirement.

Own a home.

Jan 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Since nobody is sure what to post about in this room, I'm going to keep it "age relate...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Since nobody is sure what to post about in this room, I'm going to keep it "age related".

By 35, I had hoped to own my own home, to have traveled moderately, to own vs. lease a car, & to have been married.

Two out of three ain't bad! Love my little house and my 2nd Chevy!!! As I close out 35, I'm ready to embrace what God has in store for me!

How about you? What did you/do you hope to accomplish by 35?

--hide--

At 39, I'm practically a fossil!! Way to alienate the older folks in this forum. <I'm just poking fun!!>

I accomplished everything I'd wanted to accomplish by 35... by the time I was 35. Now, following career loss at 38, I've come up with a new plan to accomplish by 45:

Own my own home (was military previously, moving every 2 years or so, so never bought), become successful in my new career, meet and marry a wonderful Catholic lady and faithfully serve our Lord with her, be an awesome dad to my two children, and have more children with my new wife (as many as our Lord will allow...ha!)

Other goals: run my first marathon in under 3 hours, and qualify for and run Boston.

Michael

Posts 1 - 10 of 27