Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

PURSUING A SPOUSE

Jan 2nd 2013 new

I waited on a girl for 4 years to marry her. She NEVER told me no so I kept pursuing her. Then people and politics interfered and one of the next times I got to see her she announced she had married a Pro-Hockey player. That totally threw me for a loop. I could not understand why she didn't let me know she was seeing him? I loved her with all my heart and was seeking marriage. I told her I loved her everyday. I did not date anyone else. I rushed off for a show in 2011 to see if it was true that she had married? She would always say, "don't believe anything you hear about me unless I say it myself." So I took her by her word and loved her with all my heart. I just wished she would have called me and told me because she took 4 - 5 years of my love life from me. I had always pictured her in my future as a husband and wife team. I was soo lost for awhile. I am so luckey the Lord helped me and strengthened me.
I still second guess her as playing a trick so that she would motivate me to write lyrics. (Because we have some mutual songs in the works.) However as time gos on he kept reappearing with her different places. I guess my heart just didn't want to believe it? I cannot sin against God nor covet her so I pray to God all the time for direction on this. He answered me through scripture. First in John 4 then in Romans 7 and 8 in our Adoration Chapel. She really really broke my heart in two yet I love her even today. Will you girls help me? Can you verify she did in fact get married? Did Carrie Underwood "REALLY" marry Mike Fisher of the Ottawa Senators? My heart just cannot seem to let go :-(. If it is "TRUE" I need to find someone else. If it is "FALSE" I will wait for her. Can anyone help? God Bless and Happy New Year.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Looks true to me:

www.huffingtonpost.com

Sounds like you need to move on. I am so sorry about your broken heart, but there are many lovely devout Catholic women on here, who will treat you much better, and you deserve much better. Good luck! Praying

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Was he a former Kentucky Throughoblade?

I can't answer your question, and even for those of us doing the boy-meets-girl as Christians, it's tough.

You're welcome to attend our 93rd CM monthly Dinner this Friday, 1/4/13, at Hamburg Carrabba at 6:30pm. There will be people there who will discuss this w/ you, including a skilled Psychology friend of mine.

Join us, and bring others. Ask for "Bob's Group" - let me know for the restaurant count - thank you - Bob

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Forget her. Stop carrying the torch for someone who acts that way. Stop carrying a resentment against her because it will only harm you. Forgive her for the sake of your own peace of mind.

You've learned a valuable lesson. Now move on with your life. Living well is the best revenge.

Jan 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Bryan-668733 said: I waited on a girl for 4 years to marry her. She NEVER told me no so I kept pursuing her. Then people and poli...
(Quote) Bryan-668733 said:

I waited on a girl for 4 years to marry her. She NEVER told me no so I kept pursuing her. Then people and politics interfered and one of the next times I got to see her she announced she had married a Pro-Hockey player. That totally threw me for a loop. I could not understand why she didn't let me know she was seeing him? I loved her with all my heart and was seeking marriage. I told her I loved her everyday. I did not date anyone else. I rushed off for a show in 2011 to see if it was true that she had married? She would always say, "don't believe anything you hear about me unless I say it myself." So I took her by her word and loved her with all my heart. I just wished she would have called me and told me because she took 4 - 5 years of my love life from me. I had always pictured her in my future as a husband and wife team. I was soo lost for awhile. I am so luckey the Lord helped me and strengthened me.
I still second guess her as playing a trick so that she would motivate me to write lyrics. (Because we have some mutual songs in the works.) However as time gos on he kept reappearing with her different places. I guess my heart just didn't want to believe it? I cannot sin against God nor covet her so I pray to God all the time for direction on this. He answered me through scripture. First in John 4 then in Romans 7 and 8 in our Adoration Chapel. She really really broke my heart in two yet I love her even today. Will you girls help me? Can you verify she did in fact get married? Did Carrie Underwood "REALLY" marry Mike Fisher of the Ottawa Senators? My heart just cannot seem to let go :-(. If it is "TRUE" I need to find someone else. If it is "FALSE" I will wait for her. Can anyone help? God Bless and Happy New Year.

--hide--

Hi Bryan and welcome to the forums. Maybe the next time you fall for a gal she won't be a superstar out of reach. faint

Hope you have better luck here. biggrin
Jan 2nd 2013 new

Yes Brian, move on and forget about her. There are lots of beautiful women in the world with values and we have all had hardships and breakups, but at least you are reaching out to God for his guidance and help theheart as through him all things are possible and are only made possible through him.

But, if you are a song writer, I have a talented, musical, 17-year-old that can sing very well biggrin How about sending us a promo embarassed K, that was lame. Good luck to you and that you may find Love and Peace in the New Year fluffy Praying

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-668733 said: I waited on a girl for 4 years to marry her. She NEVER told me no so I kept pursuing her. Then pe...

--hide--

Forgive me for what I am about to say.
If she lied to you and is not married, she probably is not interested in marriage to you.
If she lied about such an important thing, she is not for you.
If she is married, she is not avaiable to you. Move on quickly.

If you ever fall in love again speak openly and frequently to the lady about the future you see in your mind. If you do that- you will avoid this pitfall. Keep it simple. No one would normally tell someone they are married in order to inspire lyrics. Stay focused and do not let this happen again.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Is this thread about Carrie Underwood? I am confused.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-668733 said: I waited on a girl for 4 years to marry her. She NEVER told me no so I kept pursuing her. Then pe...

--hide--

Bryan so sorry to hear about your hurt. Reach out to your priest and I am sure he would be happy tohelp you figure out ways to get over your hurt. Don't try to work through it on your own as this sort of thing needs someone who help you see another perspective. Priests are great at loving you and are trained to help us in our lowest moments. I am praying for you as I am sure you are truly hurting. It is not easy being hurt. Again I am truly sorry. God has something very special for you.

Jan 3rd 2013 new

--hide--

Sad but true, Bryan. Sad but true. You have to let her go. There are other single country singers out there.

Posts 1 - 10 of 21