Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

01/01/2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-920900 said: I am a single mother who is just now trying get in the dating field. I basically have been &qu...
(Quote) Michelle-920900 said:

I am a single mother who is just now trying get in the dating field. I basically have been "single" even during my marriage raising our kids and just want to know how guys feel about getting involved with a woman who has children where the father has basically "checked out" and not in the picture for sometime now.

--hide--

if i were young (in my 20's) dating a woman with kids might give me pause.

but, at this age, i wouldn't even consider a woman who hasn't been married (or in a long-term committed relationship) and who doesn't have children. i can't imagine that she'd have learned how to love in the absence of these things. i say these things right in my profile.

01/01/2013 new

If I had the answer to your question...Funny you would ask because I am a single mom...have been since my son was born. He is now 7years old. I have just joined the dating world and it is so hard for a man to accept another mans child. His dad plays a big part in his life and wants me to find someone hence me putting myself here. I think it is luck and chance just meeting someone who is ok with the idea of being around someone else's child. Good luck to you and happy new year!

01/01/2013 new

I am amazed at how many guys have answered my topic question! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and input. There was a lot I did not know how you guys truly felt. Like Shara has mentioned and I also speak for myself that we are not looking for someone to pay for our childrens needs, it is not their fault that their father chose not to be the man he is supposed to be and support his children financially. From what I have read, I am sure it would be hard to date with children but please guys don't ever make the children out to be a burden for they are gifts from God and who knows they may be the only children you ever get to have if you are lucky enough when you can't have any from your own loins. Not trying to be ugly there, just truthful. Think about it.

01/02/2013 new

WOW! Yout took this to personal. She asked the question right? Thats how I feel about it... sheeesh. Also, she said dating. Not being in a relationship.

01/02/2013 new

(Quote) Antonio-556710 said: WOW! Yout took this to personal. She asked the question right? Thats how I feel about it... she...
(Quote) Antonio-556710 said:

WOW! Yout took this to personal. She asked the question right? Thats how I feel about it... sheeesh. Also, she said dating. Not being in a relationship.

--hide--

Simple word association. The broadened question focuses entirely on the subject of being in a relationship, not casual dating.

How about you? You took exception to the comments of another. Where do you stand?

theheart

01/02/2013 new

I have no problem with dating a women that has children. I like kids and can become part of their lives.

The real issue is if the women can handle the relationships with the kids and a man. Alot women

will put everything into the kids and not put maximum effort into the relationship.

01/02/2013 new

Antonio you have a right to your opinion as everyone else but you don't have to be rude. Victor hit the point that it is broadened more into a relationship point. Dating is what leads to a potentional relationship and yes kids are part of the package more nowadays so get used to it. As you put it....sheeesh!

01/02/2013 new

Antonio you have a right to your opinion as everyone else but you don't have to be rude. Victor hit the point that it is broadened more into a relationship point. Dating is what leads to a potentional relationship and yes kids are part of the package more nowadays so get used to it. As you put it....sheeesh!

01/02/2013 new
“I like children. If they're properly cooked.” ―W.C. Fields
01/02/2013 new

Dear Mechelle; Children are gifts from god and if two people fall in love together the man should acept the hole pacage . I know if i ever have the oppertunty to fall in love with someone i would be willing to help raise there kids.It would be the oppertunty of a lifetime to be able to teach them erery thing you know and love!

Posts 81 - 90 of 162