Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Gerard,I echo what Linda states in her first sentence. For the second straight yea...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Gerard,

I echo what Linda states in her first sentence.

For the second straight year, you did a marvelous job of coordinating the picks over the NFL season. You did a great job of keeping up with everyone's weekly picks. I had put together a chart in Excel so I could follow my progress each week or lack thereof. For the regular season, the most picks I had in any week was 12 (Week 7) and finished with a winning percentage of 59.6. I don't think anyone would be trusting their money with me.

Jerry, congratulations on winning the regular season. This Texan removes his hat and salutes you. Your picks were consistent week after week. I, like you and Linda hurt and are disappointed the Cowboys are not in the playoffs - again. Maybe it is because the country at large expects them to be there every year. Whatever their problems, I hope they work on them in the off season.

Linda and Nancy - your presence was so appreciated. The fact you participated that is usually a "guy thing" showed me your passion for professional football.

George - your presence was also appreciated. The more we have participating, the more fun it is to play.

...............and regarding my Texans, they picked the wrong time of the season to implode although I am loyal to my home team and wish them success. They backed themselves into a hole by not getting the home field advantage.

Gerard, your Vikings came a long way since Week 1. I was pulling so hard for Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson's season rushing record. To miss by just 9 yards is disappointing. I wish them well throughout the playoffs.

Linda, hopefully the Lions can make some progress during the off season.

Nancy, I was so impressed with the Colts. Andrew Luck is going to become one of the league's best QBs.

I wish you all a very Happy and prosperous New Year. May God bring each of you joy, happiness, peace, good health and much love during 2013 and beyond.

Love you all,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

Thank you for the kind words.It has really been a great pleasure to host this thread,especially with this group.

The Texans,Colts,and Vikings are all involved in the post season party(sorry the Cowboys couldn't make it).As for the record,it was better that they got the game and not gone into overtime.

I could not have made a better closing statement ,than you have posted,here. biggrin

Jan 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Gerard,I echo what Linda states in her first sentence. For the second straight yea...

Gerard,

For the second straight year, you did a marvelous job of coordinating the picks over the NFL season. You did a great job of keeping up with everyone's weekly picks. I had put together a chart in Excel so I could follow my progress each week or lack thereof. For the regular season, the most picks I had in any week was 12 (Week 7) and finished with a winning percentage of 59.6. I don't think anyone would be trusting their money with me.

Jerry, congratulations on winning the regular season. This Texan removes his hat and salutes you. Your picks were consistent week after week. I, like you and Linda hurt and are disappointed the Cowboys are not in the playoffs - again. Maybe it is because the country at large expects them to be there every year. Whatever their problems, I hope they work on them in the off season.

Linda and Nancy - your presence was so appreciated. The fact you participated that is usually a "guy thing" showed me your passion for professional football.

George - your presence was also appreciated. The more we have participating, the more fun it is to play.

...............and regarding my Texans, they picked the wrong time of the season to implode although I am loyal to my home team and wish them success. They backed themselves into a hole by not getting the home field advantage.

Gerard, your Vikings came a long way since Week 1. I was pulling so hard for Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson's season rushing record. To miss by just 9 yards is disappointing. I wish them well throughout the playoffs.

Nancy, I was so impressed with the Colts. Andrew Luck is going to become one of the league's best QBs.

I wish you all a very Happy and prosperous New Year. May God bring each of you joy, happiness, peace, good health and much love during 2013 and beyond.

Love you all,

Leon

--hide--
Dearest Leon,

What a kind, generous, true southern gentleman you are. You have been nothing but gracious to each and ever person who has participated in the NFL thread. You've added much comradery week after week. I, for one, am very appreciative.

Now to our brother Gerard....What a FANTASTIC leader we have. He's always been welcoming, fair, and supportive of each and every one of us. I can't think of anyone else I would want running our football thread. His laborious dedication has truly been a blessing. Thank you, Gerard. hug

And to Jerry, Nancy, and George.....thank you all for your participation as well. Y'all have made this a fun group.

Happy New year to all!! May God richily bless each and every one of you!! hug hug hug rose

Jan 4th 2013 new

Gerard,

Love you all,

Leon

--hide--

To all my football buddies. Thank you. I had a wonderful time with this football thread.

Gerard, you did a great job organizing it, thank you.

I enjoyed learning all sorts of football trivia/facts about the history of football as well as current teams. I appreciate the warm welcome from all of you. Linda, I love your spunk and knowledge of the game ... very impressive.

Being in the football pool helped me with my work pool or at least kept me in the running each week.

Leon: I am excited for the future of the Colts. Andrew Luck is a top notch player and I look forward to the years ahead.

Jerry: Congratulations on your success season.

Happy New Year! God bless all of you!! Praying

Nancy

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Dearest Leon, What a kind, generous, true southern gentleman you are. You have be...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Dearest Leon,

What a kind, generous, true southern gentleman you are. You have been nothing but gracious to each and ever person who has participated in the NFL thread. You've added much comradery week after week. I, for one, am very appreciative.

Now to our brother Gerard....What a FANTASTIC leader we have. He's always been welcoming, fair, and supportive of each and every one of us. I can't think of anyone else I would want running our football thread. His laborious dedication has truly been a blessing. Thank you, Gerard.

And to Jerry, Nancy, and George.....thank you all for your participation as well. Y'all have made this a fun group.

Happy New year to all!! May God richily bless each and every one of you!!

--hide--

Linda,

Thank you for that TREMENDOUS compliment;your continued presence is true happiness! Your warmth and graciousness,truly are shown in your posts.I consider you to be a KEY contributor;your sense of humor is unmatched and helps lighten the load.

God Bless you. rose rose hug hug

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: To all my football buddies. Thank you. I had a wonderful time with this football thread....
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said:

To all my football buddies. Thank you. I had a wonderful time with this football thread.

Gerard, you did a great job organizing it, thank you.

I enjoyed learning all sorts of football trivia/facts about the history of football as well as current teams. I appreciate the warm welcome from all of you. Linda, I love your spunk and knowledge of the game ... very impressive.

Being in the football pool helped me with my work pool or at least kept me in the running each week.

Leon: I am excited for the future of the Colts. Andrew Luck is a top notch player and I look forward to the years ahead.

Jerry: Congratulations on your success season.

Happy New Year! God bless all of you!!

Nancy

--hide--

Nancy,

Thank you for the kind words;it has been a pleasure!

Posts 121 - 125 of 125